+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alison Kelly - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by kitty__kat View Post
    She seems really bitter about the models. I mean, I like her, but I feel so bad for her model. An "8 or 10" is pretty damn healthy, and she's acting like it's jiggly obese and a blight on society. I don't know, that interview just makes me see her in a really different way. Why do people have to be so prejudiced about weight in this country?
    and here i was feeling so good about myself - for losing enough weight to get down to a size 10 (from a size 22 - and keeping it off for 3 yrs now)

after reading allisons interview -- she made me feel like i needed to lose another 80 lbs -- just to be allowed to breath in the same air as her
    i had really liked her and was pulling for her - but after this interview -- i'm thinking -i'm glad she is gone and --- wow what an Fn Bi*** --
    i'm sorry allison that some of us are SO MUCH bigger than you ---- sheesh
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

She must be really bitter about her elimination. After all, I did notice her reaction when she heard the judges decision. It was a look of disbelief.

Allison must of known that models come in different sizes and shapes. You make best with what you have. I thought Chloe had the hardest model to design for in Grace. But, she managed to make it work.

FORT Fanatic
    I haven't been feeling Allison since the beginning - something seemed a little fake or too self-consciously precious - and this interview really firmed up that belief. Totally classless to blame your model in public like that - this is another woman who she spoke to and worked with -a nd now she's going to slam her like that? Does she imagine that the model won't read this crap and be hurt?
    That said, she's been consistently better than Vincent. But I never thought she'd be a finalist. She's just not exciting enough to go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    and here i was feeling so good about myself - for losing enough weight to get down to a size 10 (from a size 22 - and keeping it off for 3 yrs now)

after reading allisons interview -- she made me feel like i needed to lose another 80 lbs -- just to be allowed to breath in the same air as her
    i had really liked her and was pulling for her - but after this interview -- i'm thinking -i'm glad she is gone and --- wow what an Fn Bi*** --
    i'm sorry allison that some of us are SO MUCH bigger than you ---- sheesh
    Congrats on the weight loss, Firechica! that's awesome. I got down to a size 9 from a 13, and while I know that really isn't that big a drop, it was still pretty hard to do and I'm proud of the results. I'm 5'10 like the model, and I know I look pretty far from plus-sized even for the modeling industry. It just pisses me off that fashion kind of reverses the whole feminism movement by turning women into cattle. Except, the closer to death by starvation the cow is, the better. It's just sick. Yes, clothes look good on skinny figures because the clothing is the only thing worth looking at when there's no curves, but that doesn't mean that having some meat on you makes you a subhuman. I had no idea Alison would be the type to subscribe to the whole superficial school of thought, but oh well. :

--
    Like everyone else said, I think Alison was really bitter about her elimination, she did get a bit biased/bitchy about the models, and my perspective on her is permanently damaged, but I know where she's coming from. The standard for runway models and the standard for an average person is completely different, so I don't think anyone should be offended and I mean that in a sincere way. To be honest, the modeling industry's standards have been blown completely out of proportion. (Real) Models are too, too thin and completely unhealthy, but that doesn't mean it's going to change any time soon. I personally wouldn't mind for the models to be at least a little bit healthier, but I suppose the designers prefer to simply hang their clothes on the models, and it's their opinion that counts. You guys know how trends spread though .. Their intention is for being unhealthily thin (not that they even consider that it isn't healthy) to only apply to the certain industry that's linked to them, that may or may not affect them. An 8 or 10 would be considered an extremely healthy, nice-looking weight for the average woman. There's no need to feel that you need to be as (disgustingly) thin as the models - it's their job to please their bosses! firechica, you should definitely continue feeling great about yourself, your weight loss was amazing!
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

Just to play devil’s advocate:
    One of the major criticisms Alison got on the runway was when Heidi said her model “looks huge.” Now if Alison’’s model is infact larger than the others wouldn’t this fact contribute to the look, even just a little? It is possible Alison sees herself as only complaining about a disadvantage that she felt she had, not trying to tear down the model. But yes, it’s a little cold.

FORT Fanatic
    Alison's model is a Size 4. SIZE 4!! Her measurements are 34-24-36. Alison didn't deserve to go home, but she should blame it more on the disastrous hair-styling of her model than on having a so-called plus-size model.
    If that girl is plus-size, than Heidi Klum is downright obese.

Shame on Tim Gunn for once again chipping away at his perfection by calling this girl zaftig. It was the first failing he's shown since his heartless criticism of Zulema (and then Nick)'s model last season.
    Last edited by John; 08-18-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    Alison's model is a Size 4. SIZE 4!! Her measurements are 34-24-36. Alison didn't deserve to go home, but she should blame it more on the disastrous hair-styling of her model than on having a so-called plus-size model.

Shame on Tim Gunn for once again chipping away at his perfection by calling this girl zaftig. It was the first failing he's shown since his heartless criticism of Zulema (and then Nick)'s model last season.
    size 4 is plus size?

in what world?????
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post

In Alison's interview, she claims her model is an 8 or 10. Who are we to believe? If the measurements you quote are accurate, she should certainly be a 4.

Alison also claims her first model had scoliosis, with one shoulder higher than the other. I can't help but wonder if Alison isn't gathering a basketful of sour grapes.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Fanatic
    I had posted a link to another site that shows a picture of the model in a bikini and another with her measurements, but the moderator deleted it. I guess we're not allowed to post such links? I had no idea. Woops.

If you want to PM me, I'll send you the link (unless that's also forbidden??)

The girl is not a size 10. Alison's bitter (rightfully so - her dress was better than at least Kayne's, Vincent's, and maybe Angela's), but she's taking out her anger on the clothes hanger instead of the judges/producers.

A thinner model would still have looked big when placed in the middle of a yellow paper mache pouf with a ridiculous bow of hair on the top of her head. Alison had said that she just needed to cinch in the waist to make it fit a model, but then despaired over her model's lack of waist (which is bull if the model is truly 34 24 36). Oh, I bet we can look at the modeling agency's website too for the measurements. Anyway - the outfit would have been just as wide on a girl with a 22 inch waist, just cinched in weirdly at the waist).

Ah, turns out you can google her (Alexandra Donhoeffner), and her modeling page is:
    http://www.idmodels.com/alexandradonhoeffner/index.html

Could she really have gained that much weight?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast