+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Angela Keslar - Season 3

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Angela's signature rosettes = Guadalupe's detachable flowers that are not yet detachable.

Good on her for winning despite everyone's expectations, but she's still not a contender. Competition is usually slim during team challenges, and when she goes solo again I'm certain she'll be back to in the same rut she was in last week during the dog challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    I see the Pepper comparison, but not Santino. Santino was a 'love to hate him' type for some (Personally, I liked him without hating him), but he has real talent and did some innovative stuff.
    Angela seems pretty irredeemable to me. Her designs are not at all appealing to a real woman (or a surreal one) and she is a total pill. Her own personal style is awful - from her hair down to her shoes - and she seems to rub the people around her the wrong way. And now she's going to criticize Tim Gunn? No way, Angie - not having it. Now give Judy Jetson her skirt back and fly off to your solar-powarded Ohio henhouse.

This just in, I'm a fake woman, apparently
    I `get' her. her creative process is a bit too abstract though for this sort of competiton. A pill? hardly. Don't know why such a severe judgement is being made on someone who hasn't said or done one nasty thing.anything The only time she's come across as remotley difficult is when she had to deal with Vincent, who treated her not only asan inferior designer but as an inferior human being. But, that's to be expected from a desperate little self deluded hack who thinks plant baskets nmake clever headgear.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I must be watching a different program because the Angela I'm watching is nothing like Wendy or santino- she isn't nasty or petty or a snipe ( sems to me Keith, Vincent and jeffrey have those traits covered). The only time she's shown a less than pleasent side was when she was dealing with Vincent in the second challenge. his presumptious, superior, judgemental nature made it nearly impossible for her to do anything. Her questions were dismissed and he essentially told her to shut up because he was in charge. His lack of respect he showed was astounding. That's not how you go about collborating on a project.

People like Vincent and Jeffrey percieve themselves as sophisticated and `better than' someone like Angela, she's dismissed as inferior because she lives on a farm, IN OHIO!!!! Truth is, she hasn't done one thing to elicit the incredibly snide comments of Jefferey and Vincent. They treat her not only as an inferior designer but as an inferior human being. If they were simply making humorous comments about her penchant to overdesigm then there wouldn't be a problem- but they pass that point and atack her as a person simply because they percieve her as a country bumkin hick. If anything, their bias shows what hypocrites they are. Both have loud personalities, personalities which they use to test boundries as to what's acceptable in society. Yet, both of them are the first to cast judgement and aspirtions on someone who isn't like them.

Angela may have a problem with her designs being too busy, but there's talent there and a passion and she absolutley hit it out of the park this week- as a designer and as an excellent team leader. I notice jeffrey was too jealous to acknowledge that Angela and her team did a great job. Apparently being a good sport is beyond his underdeveloped social skills. It killed him, he couldn't deal with the fact she did a better job than he did. I can just hear him; " No way some farm girl from Ohio is better than me! The judges are obvuously insane!"
    Last edited by redsox girl; 08-03-2006 at 10:57 PM.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I don't think Angela is this seasons Wendy. Wendy was just a cruel bitch while Angela is kind of picked on.

Jen,Lisa,Chan,Vic,Hthr JoeSchmoe's Avatar
    I think that Angela wouldn't have won the challenge if she didn't have Michael and Laura to keep her form putting those damn Rosettes all over the outfit, and keep her making anything too crazy to the outfit.

FORT Fogey
    The best thing I've seen from Angela was in portfolio she showed during the auditions. I love the "arts & crafts" flavor she had. It's an untapped market, but the challenge is finding someone who can do it well.

I think Angela has that ability. Unfortunately, I think she hasn't learned to consistently channel her ideas into her final products. In this competition, she's all over the place from a stylistic point of view - and hanging herself in the meantime.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I just hope Angela learned something about "less is more" from her victory. Michael and Laura really saved her bacon by toning down her excesses while still allowing her to use her rosettes—although in a more subdued way.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Moving away from the short, gaudy bubble skirts would be a good first step! Bubble skirts are being done by other designers, but hers are so unsophisticated that they just don't work. If she made them longer and added a few rosettes, it could really work--not my style, but at least I wouldn't cringe!

Angela is no Wendy Pepper or Santino. I think she is harmless. The reason most of the people don't like her is she can come off as flaky. I don't think she is mean-spirited or two-faced.

Her style of fashion is extreme and that's why some of the contestants such as Micheal and Laura were alarmed when they were picked. I think she has talent, but she needs to tone down the "Cirque du Soleil" styling when it comes to putting fabrics together.

She does have strengths in creativity and leadership.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff View Post
    this woman is terrible...hopefully her time is coming.
    Putting "Audrey" in such a revealing dress is a crime, Heidi, yes (she obviously has taste issues), but Audrey, no.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast