+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 1/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheekyChick View Post
    Zulema? good execution? She is the queen of unfinished hems, crappy sew jobs, uneven ugly cap sleeves ruining a cute top (banana republic design), a wandering 'center' seam that ruined what i thought could have been a hot dress (nicky hilton design), egregious ass-flashing (clothes off my back design). IMHO

Edited to fix quote tag
    true and funny.

I think it was really disingenuous of the judges and especially the one from BR to come down so heavy on Nick and Santino for their design claiming it wasn't appropriate for the BR woman. Well, considering what BR sells, it's obvious that the BR woman is BORING! Right in their on line catalog they have a whole section devoted to a "tribute to that Geisha Movie". Exactly what Santino designed! I think they have it in for him cuz he's a jerk (probably like a lot of successful designers, lol)

Does anyone have screen caps of Nick and Santino's BR piece? The one on the Project Runway website really sucks.

I think it's unfair to say BR is copying Santino, when I think Santino was copying BR. That's what Santino does, he mimics his client enough in his own way to make something "him" for the client. This time, unlike his experience with Nicky Hilton, his imitation fell flat. The judges didn't accept it, and Nick is damn lucky he didn't go down with Santino.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

The only "clean" asian line I saw on Santino's outfit was the strip of cloth across the front of the crop jacket. The dress portion was over-flounced as usual.

Since he has risen in the viewing ranks (out from the middle of the pack) I've been watching for Daniel V. Now his dress had a muted ruffle along the bodice top and a double on the hem...but they looked integrated, unlike Santino flounces. Andrae's crop jacket was precious (Tim's term) in a girly way and once again there was trim but a minor bric-brac outline against the white.

I'm keeping an eye on Daniel...I like his design sense with Chloe and Kara close seconds.

Is Daniel the young guy? I really loved when he gave the woman with weird lips a comforting kiss after Zulema had just torn her a new one. It showed he was a truly nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    Is Daniel the young guy? I really loved when he gave the woman with weird lips a comforting kiss after Zulema had just torn her a new one. It showed he was a truly nice person.
    That's him. He does seem caring and sweet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011