+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I'll just refer to him as Cowardtino from now on.

Where is Superman when you need him?
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Absolutely hilarious!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    omg, YES.. he does look just like him!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Ok you guys, I just have to pop in to tell you all.... Last night I was watching this ep of PR with my husband.. and He actually LOVED Santinos line!! He kept saying "wow, that's HOT!" When it came down to Santino and Daniel on the chopping block he got all mad and ranted "He should not be the one to get the axe because Heidi Picked his design to be made, therefore if he goes, than it would have been pre determined from the start" My husband has bizzare taste. TMI:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Least now I know why he does'nt notice MY stuff! Maybe I need to write Auf Wedersen on my "booty"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Courtesy of Tivo, the greatest thing since sliced bread, the blurb at the end of the program is:

The judges considered both their scores and input from the Producers and Bravo in reaching their elimination decisions.

Contestants are informed of the rules and must meet eligibility requirements to receive announced prizes.

Portions of this program not affecting the outcome of the competition have been edited.
    Bearcata: while I was watching this episode for the first time, I was thinking "geez, Santino is as obnoxious as Wendy Pepper, if not more so!" You're right, there's less outrage about his behavior in part because he's talented (whereas Wendy was not, and people were outraged that she advanced far beyond what her creativity and skills warranted, due to the plot line she provided). Even though both he and Wendy are clearly obnoxious human beings, I think part of the difference also is because her obnoxiousness was more calculated, deliberate even, and more underhanded, whereas I believe Santino's is completely spontaneous obnoxiousness. He's a jerk who has no control over his poorer impulses, and no desire to control same, hence his egotistical whinings, the eye rolling, the juvenile temper tantrums when the teacher doesn't give him a gold star. Wendy by contrast, sucks up to Kevin during the group challenge, thereby setting him up to slam him during Q&A. During Fashion Week, Wendy asks Kara Saun if she is going to room with her during in a way which indicates to me that she did it deliberately to needle her.

(Speaking of Wendy, I caught her on the Bravo celebrity poker challenge right after this episode -- she won, for those who are curious -- but I was laughing, because only Wendy could manage to make basic black look so damn frumpy and middle aged.)

Santino is incredibly arrogant and conceited, not to mention temperamental and childish, as well as meanspirited. I suspect he was probably a bully as a child, and it it all rooted in deep seated feelings of insecurity and jealousy. He was a jerk to Nick for winning the Barbie challenge, and even attributed part of that win to having helped Nick, but it just proved that his downfall (and whatever point he's eliminated) is going to be because he just doesn't get it. At the point we saw him helping Nick, the dress was largely done. What he didn't get is that Nick basically won that challenge right at the beginning, through his intuitive understanding of the marketing needs. Nick said he was thinking of what the doll would look like in the box, and how to make it jump out at the buying customer, and chose bright, vivid colors and a festive design to catch a young girl's eye.

I have no idea whether Santino will make it to the final three, although only the basis of storyline and talent he is probably going to run past Diana, Guadalupe, Emmett, Marla, etc., and I have no idea whether his lingerie designs were derivative or original, but it has become clear to me that he seems to be a one or two trick pony. If you look at his baby doll dress, clothes off his back design, the Barbie outfit, and his lingerie, its all about all those stupid little ruffles, bunches of gathered fabric, and its getting pretty old and redundant at this point. I'm beginning to wonder if the guy can actually tailor a dress properly to a woman's body, i.e. with darts, fitting, etc. or whether ruffles and gathered fabric is going to be it with him.

As for the comment(s) he made about Emmett on the runway which prompted Heidi's cowardly comment, it seems clear to me that the specific thing he said on that score (aside from the "I would eliminate Emmett") was editted out, either on the basis of time, or because it was incredibly nasty. Someone here said he went on a 90 minute rant, where did that come from? Tim's blog? I could totally see him going off on the Emmett issue, although whether he'd be allowed to go on at that great length, I wonder about. But I'm convinced there was more to it than we saw, a lot more. And Heidi was right, he was cowardly, and he clearly blames everyone but himself: it was the judges fault for "not getting it", it was Emmett's fault for not being able to sew and understand what he wanted, it was Nina's fault for not getting how original he really was and understanding his artistic vision, etc. Never his own fault.

ClosetNerd: TOO funny! LOL

Well - go to the local community theater, see if they have any leftover stuff from Sound of Music, cut it to shreds, and voila!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    ClosetNerd: TOO funny! LOL

Well - go to the local community theater, see if they have any leftover stuff from Sound of Music, cut it to shreds, and voila!
    My condolences to Closet Nerd on her husband's deplorable lack of taste in lingerie, as well. (Although I think Brandy may be disparaging Sound of Music costumiers everywhere, it would take more than cutting them to shreds to make them look as bad as Santino's cartoonish designs. Heck, even the Octoberfest ensembles in Are You Being Served? looked more sophisticated than those ruffled monstrosities.)

BTW, regardless of what one thinks of the aesthetics or practicality of Diana's design (I really can't see women putting on lingerie that is so darn complicated and takes so much time to put together), was I the only one who thought her concept was basically a rip off of Jay's bathing suit from last season with some shreds of chiffon added? (I don't know enough about what's been done in fashion to know if what he did last season was original, either.)

As for what Diana said about the one model who was difficult, I don't blame her a bit. Marla said that the girl had previously said "she didn't like her hair pulled on top, she didn't like her eyes or eyelashes...", she complained about the brevity of the thong, she complained the top didn't cover enough, they gave her the choice of which of the 3 outfits she would wear and she didn't want to wear any of them, and they had to rig up extra covering to accomodate the model. The girl's agent was probably groaning when he or she saw THAT on TV, being difficult ain't good for one's career. I thought Diana's comments were right on the money, and personally, if it'd been me, I'd have dropped a word in Tim's ear to check and see if the unfortunate Allison could come back on short notice so I could fire Miss Prissy.

It'll be interesting to see if that particular model gets the boot next episode -- I think I've finally figured out where the Zulema "I'd like a walk off between the 3 models" scenario comes from. Since I personally find it very unlikely that Zulema will ever win a challenge on her own, or have a choice between 3 models, my guess is, next episode, the 3 members of the winning team (Daniel V., Andrae and Zulema) have their choice between choosing either their own models again, choosing one of the models of the losing team (Daniel F., Chloe, and Kara), or throwing things wide open and making everyone start all over again. Not that it matters -- being paired with Marla, she's not long for the show, in any event.

BTW, regardless of what one thinks of the aesthetics or practicality of Diana's design ... was I the only one who thought her concept was basically a rip off of Jay's bathing suit from last season with some shreds of chiffon added? (I don't know enough about what's been done in fashion to know if what he did last season was original, either.)
    Actually people mentioned Jay's was Gucci-esque. Honestly, I don't think there is much of anything that is truly new in fashion. If you look back far enough, somebody else did it first! After all, how many ways can you make a skirt? (this is a rhetorical question--I really don't need to know!)

Also, YEAH for Allison! I think she should have been thanked more when she left the second time--she was great to come back and she smiled and wished the designers luck both times she was eliminated. What a good sport.

Yes, I hope she gets some good work out of this at least! Her personality really came through. She, and Claudia, and Grace... the rest of the models are kind of interchangeable, at least at this point. But those three have some sparkle.

I hated that she got eliminated wearing almost the same dress both times! Ugh.

Yeah, poor Allison. At least she looked so much better with straight hair, it emphasized her cheekbones much more, so at least she got to show a different look. I like Tarah, though, too. She's very pretty.

+ Reply to Thread