+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #41
    Big Electric Cat jasmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Diana's - bondage meets chiffon - HUH? "I want the fabric to flow out from between her legs" - lovely image. Just what every woman wants in lingerie - fabric suggestive of urine.
    No kidding!

    I sooo wish I had cable! I have to live vicariously from your posts, the recaps, and the Bravo website.
    Token Christian.

    If truth is relative, how do you know?

  2. #42
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by aga
    If people didn't obssess about it then it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry. For those to whom it "it looks all the same" for, then great, their significant others need only invest in granny panties and a J.C. Penney bra.
    That's an unfair statement.
    Yes, lingerie is a multi-kazillion industry..but there are people who "just don't like it and/or don't get it".
    That does not mean that their S.O. is doomed to "wearing granny pants". Perhaps it means they're doomed to always have a sexy bare ass for foreplay instead of a lace gown & matching panties w/a hole in the crotch.

    I am not arguing for or against wearing lingerie. I just agree that at times, outfits are similiar.. similar in the "get this f%#*ing annoying thing off" dept.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    eta: Brandy, yeah..the "fabric flowing through the legs" idea was an ODD and interesting concept.

    eta x2: I just noticed my avatar and thought, "Ohhh that's CLASSIC & apropos for this post!!!"
    Last edited by Maveno; 12-22-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  3. #43
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,358
    Although Santino is a talented designer, and everyone else says so; as a human being and a competitor he is very lacking. What surprises me that on this thread more people do not get on his case about his eye rolls his nasty comments. He behaves far, far worse than Wendy Pepper ever did but there is no uproar. Because he is talented; rude and just plain bad behavior is tolerated.

    The comment regarding sex and the ladies on Diane's team was mean, and on the runway after Diane's team was given a go to the next level it looked as if he said 'f**k' under his breath while they walked past him. The best moment of all was when Heidi called him a coward to his face. I am so glad she did not sugar coat it, she did not make it a political correct phrase, he was cowardly and she called him on it. I;ll just refer to him as Cowardtino from now on.

    Watching Danny F was interesting his early dismissal from season one and whatever else he went through have helped him grow and aquire a new level of maturity. He was wonderful on the runway, a true competitor and he should be so proud of that moment it was not fake it was from the heart and genuine.

    It also looks as if there is no new episode next week.

  4. #44
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Before the ending credits roll there is a black screen that starts with the phrase "the judges and _______ consider..." Has anyone else been able to read the rest of that paragraph. I though Santino should have gone and the editing of the judged comments made me think he was the one to go. His attitude and disrespect for the other contestants and hte judges is ugly and difficult to watch, especially with his deep voice. I though Santino's design looked like halloween costumes gone bad. I don't know how much different the gowns turned out from the drawings that Heidi choose. but they wre awful.

    I was wondering if the producers suggested to the judges that Santino delivers better storylines than Daniel F and should be kept in the competition.

    I thought Daniel F's designs were too similar to each other and one of the gowns was very similar to the shape of his design for a previous competition this season. I respect his decision to take repsonsibility.

    I wish Diana would learn how to express herself better and that one picky model she had, needs to find another job. She is no supermodel and shouldn't be so difficult.

  5. #45
    aga
    aga is offline
    FORTified
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    Before the ending credits roll there is a black screen that starts with the phrase "the judges and _______ consider..." Has anyone else been able to read the rest of that paragraph.
    I actually did freeze this while watching a videotape from a PR1 marathon not too long ago. It states something to the effect that the decisions are made by the judges, show producers and Bravo. I assume that the statement hasn't changed this season.

    I was taken aback by that statement and of course the conclusion is that certain people are kept around to stir up drama. I should probably take off the rose-tinted glasses and accept that such a thing may be true, but up until this point I don't think that PR has sunken to the level of absurdity like another reality show that I know and loooove - America's Next Top Model.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    That's an unfair statement.
    Yes, lingerie is a multi-kazillion industry..but there are people who "just don't like it and/or don't get it".
    That does not mean that their S.O. is doomed to "wearing granny pants". Perhaps it means they're doomed to always have a sexy bare ass for foreplay instead of a lace gown & matching panties w/a hole in the crotch.

    I am not arguing for or against wearing lingerie. I just agree that at times, outfits are similiar.. similar in the "get this f%#*ing annoying thing off" dept.
    I was responding to a specific post where a poster commented that lingerie amounts to undies and a bra and why people obsess over it. I am not trying to convince anyone to get on the lingerie train (for the record my nighttime attire is predominently a hospital scrub shirt and sweat socks).

    So I think we have the same point of view and that is if you are into it, it is your prerogative to spend money on it and clearly there are many, many people who do spend money on lingerie. But if you want to go to bed booty-butt naked or anything else in between, that's fine too.
    Last edited by aga; 12-22-2005 at 08:33 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

    "Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

  6. #46
    Basking in the Sun Weinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Wienie Mobile
    Age
    32
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    When he said it was meant to be taken off I was thinking exactly. That's one way to get women out of their clothes create ugly designs.
    At least the gay dude is helping us straight men out. I am sorry, but it's wrong to make your woman have to wear odd bizzare stuff just because you're getting bored or your not impressed enough that she's actually speaking to you. The stuff looks uncomfortable to me. And, I did think "mommy" when I say the Daniel Franco stuff. It looked old and gave me the psychological blow of thinking of someone's mom in their underwear. The stuff looked gross. Could any of these people use red satin or something appealing. Black can be so blah. If you have to dress your privates up, they shouldn't look like they have been to a funeral. I think "dressing Up" situations are happy ones.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

    c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

  7. #47
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    24
    Santino's designs were awful - no one can deny that - but to call him cowardly because he said Emmett should be the one of his group to go is unfair - didn't everyone notice that Nick also said Emmett when he was asked who should be eliminated -

    If Nick thought Santino failed as a leader don't you think he would have said so - Santino was thought to be his competition prior to this episode and to eliminate him would have theoretically helped Nick - so Emmett must have really been a drag on their team for Nick to also think Emmett should be the one to go --

    and what about the editing after last weeks episode where they insinuate that Nick and Santino are on the outs because Santino is such a poor loser - don't think that is the case at all -

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,245
    Perhaps it means they're doomed to always have a sexy bare ass for foreplay instead of a lace gown & matching panties w/a hole in the crotch.
    TMI... TMI... TMI...

    And FYI, not all women wear lingerie solely for this purpose... or with this thought in mind at all. Why not defer here to those who wear it, at least a little bit - as opposed to "how you like your women"? I don't think the person meant anything by the granny panty reply - they were just thinking that's what (the earlier poster) meant. (Also it was said a lot of people don't care about lingerie, aga simply said a lot of people do; no need to then get into graphic sexual details on a PG message board?).

    Anyway it may shock some men, but women wear things to feel pretty (for themselves), or just because they think the garment is pretty. Just for everyday wear. Lingerie needn't be all about what you're talking about here. Sorry but it bugs when anyone assumes someone is choosing clothes just for other people. Sometimes people just enjoy a nice garment for its own sake. Nothing wrong with that, either.

    I say this because I don't think any of the collections we saw were about "crotchless panties" anyway. It's not that kind of show

    Anyway, it doesn't signify to discussion of these collections - none of which were raunchy - as to how you like things in the boudoir. No need to bite the other person's head off either IMO. (I mean we are talking about the fashion industry, and what drives the fashion industry are those who buy the fashions - and so I agree w/aga that "who cares about lingerie" kind of doesn't signify, if their point is that none of the collections matter. I disagree; someone will buy lingerie always, and not just for "their man".)

    But if you want to go to bed booty-butt naked or anything else in between, that's fine too.
    IMO aga what isn't being understood here is that it isn't solely about bedtime or sleeptime or whatever time in the bedroom, but I mean, people wear "underwear" under their clothes as well. Unless they mean that women should not wear undies at all outside the house; but that's an odd statement to me, and bottom line (no pun) lingerie is a huge industry. The image I got from some of those posts is that women should just go around naked and ready. Huh-uh. We get to wear frillies under our work suit if we want to A couple of the men are saying "she doesn't have to wear that stuff for me" and I'm just saying, uh, we don't. It's underwear! And women will even wear a nice nightie when alone, just because!
    Last edited by Brandy; 12-22-2005 at 10:13 PM.

  9. #49
    FORT Fan denise xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    272
    The producers were so involved in that last decision. Santino went on a 90 minute tirade, apparently, and they still kept him?! his design was awful, and he tried to blame emmet. ugh. i'm disgusted with him. Daniel Franco really won me over, it was so sad to see him go. *sigh*

    i thought all of the designs really sucked. they should have made the time longer. there wasn't enough color! everyone used black- except santino, who used that horrid tan color. i think that daniel v.'s line should have used cuter color too, like stripes or something. all around bad results. 8[

  10. #50
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    I actually did freeze this while watching a videotape from a PR1 marathon not too long ago. It states something to the effect that the decisions are made by the judges, show producers and Bravo. I assume that the statement hasn't changed this season.

    I was taken aback by that statement and of course the conclusion is that certain people are kept around to stir up drama. I should probably take off the rose-tinted glasses and accept that such a thing may be true, but up until this point I don't think that PR has sunken to the level of absurdity like another reality show that I know and loooove - America's Next Top Model.

    Thanks aga. I was also hoping that PR wouldn't stoop to that level, although I'm not surprised. I heard that this happened during Last Comic Standing 2.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.