+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Sad to see Daniel go, but I liked how he stepped up and took the blame, and how gracious he was. Santino could take note. All the glaring and eye rolling is getting old. He's like a prodigy-child who gets petulant and mean when he's not continually told he is the best. Blech.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Chittlins forever y'all!

FORT Fanatic
    Daniel will do well in the fashion field. I did think his collection did look a lot alike but his is the only stuff I'd even consider purchasing. Santiago's stuff - I wouldn't buy it...wouldn't wear it.

In my opinion, Diana's was the worst. It didn't look like lingerie, but more like a bad Cirque du Soleil wardrobe. Daniel F's was dreadfully boring, so I don't really have any problem with him being sent home, but I would have sent Diana packing.

I didn't catch the first half, so I didn't see Emmett during the challenge, but no way did he deserve the scapegoating he received. That mess was Santino's responsibility, and good for Heidi to tell him he was cowardly.

I said it on the Santino thread, but it bears repeating. The reason Santino lost is because of his cockiness. Remember Austin Scarlett and his "couture box". His attitude was if you didn't like it, well you just didn't get it. But the judges got it, and everyone at NY Fashion Week got it too, and they all agreed Austin sucked. Austin sucked because he was too arrogant to understand that not everyone was going to love anything he happened to put his scissors to and create.

Santino needed the same kind of experience on a micro-level in order to bring him back into himself and produce work the judges will actually like. He looked pissed off that he was in the hot seat, but I could tell he was listening to what they had to say, and I hope he took it to heart.

By the way, Daniel V's was truly lovely. Good win.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

In Austin's defense, he had much less time and money to put a collection together and ended up recycling a collection he had made in the past. The producers did not originally plan on having Austin compete, but realized that photos from fashion week would spoil the final three.

Santino is much more cocky, snobbish, and downright rude than Austin could ever be. While Austin was confident in his designs, he was also a loyal leader and friend. Santino is just a bitter, bitter man and I really haven't been overwhelmingly impressed with any of his designs. While Austin had a distinct vision for his pieces, Santino just embellishes until time is up.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

You have a point about Austin, starlette.

I just read this on Tim's Blog, and it KILLED ME:

My problem with [Daniel F.'s] collection was two-fold. First, I felt that the three outfits looked too much alike; the looks in a collection should enhance each other, not present redundancies. Second, the designs, once in fabric, looked matronly, and I'm being kind. To be blunt, they looked like the boudoir-wear of Park Avenue octogenarians; social x-rays in black lace and smelling of Jungle Gardenia. Sexy? Modern? Not in my opinion.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I am sad Daniel F had to leave. I thought he deserved to stay simply because he handled himself so well and at least he had lingerie! I don't know what that crap was that Santino presented. And I like Nick, but he was a suck up this ep. And I don't really like Emmett but he was totally in the right. Santino showed his true colors and I hope he goes home SOON. Ugh. Daniel is really a stand up guy and I hope he gets a lot of work. What's up with the model who didn't want to wear the clothes? Was it Marla's model? I was hoping they would win just because I wanted them to trade the stupid model. As for the other Daniel, his designs weren’t for me, but they were very good and true to his presentation. The same for Diana's group.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'm going to miss Daniel Franco and his bliss following. (I may be the only one on the board who kinda liked his little saying.) Santino needs to go, and go soon. His designs are awful. I don't know how he won with that dress the first week; babydoll dresses make anyone who wears them look fat, hippy, and/or pregnant. And that Barbie dress was more Wendy Pepper than My Scene Barbie. Everything he does has some kind of ruffle and the lingerie just took it beyond reason. Surely someone else in the group can provide some drama that the producers want--that Kara seems like a hothead and Guadalupe could probably stir up something. Who knows, Emmett could be extremely catty...if he got more than 1 minute of airtime.

Diana's was ok...nothing spectacularly different from what she's already done in her own portfolio. Daniel V won because he followed the directions and made lingerie. I knew he was going to win or was at least safe because his team hardly got any airtime...again. Why such a low key edit for Daniel V?!?! But that aside, the Daniels were the only ones that I'd actually wear. Yeah, Franco's was a tad Joan Collins-y, but that could fit the right situation.

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    All of the "collections" tonight were disapointing. The VS girls, Heidi and Alessandra (sp??) must be pretty dissapointed.
    I watched the show again as I was falling asleep and I did start thinking Diana's "collection" was OK. I wouldn't want to see too many more pieces than the three we saw. It was not my personal cup of tea, but I can see what she was trying to do. I remember my initial reaction was that it looked unfinished.

Daniel V's was so safe and uninspiring. His pitch to Heidi was great and he could have done so much*, but it did not live up to my expectations. When I rewatched it, I saw Zulema steering him away from some of his original design details. But I guess that worked for him, because his team won the challenge.

Daniel F's "collection" would have been much better if he varied the colors and fabrics. The black satin and lace is was too severe and is what I think gave off the 1980s Frederick's of Hollywood vibe. The only design I thought looked like it was for an older woman was the third one.

Santino's "collection" was truly wickety-wack.

*My ideas for getting revenge on an ex-boyfriend are a thong or a flirty skirt made of ties, a seemingly classic baseball jersey cut up into a belly shirt. In defense of all of the designers, I think they would have done a much better job with more time. I know that time constraints are a PR staple, but they should have been given more time since it was a "collection."

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    But what can you do with langerie. It's undies and a bra. It looks all the same to me. Don't understand why people obsess about it. I prefer my women without it actually.
    If people didn't obssess about it then it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry. For those to whom it "it looks all the same" for, then great, their significant others need only invest in granny panties and a J.C. Penney bra.
    Last edited by aga; 12-22-2005 at 12:32 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney View Post
    I don't know what that crap was that Santino presented.
    When he said it was meant to be taken off I was thinking exactly. That's one way to get women out of their clothes create ugly designs.

I seem to be in the minority that Emmett should have been the one to go. Yes, Santino is a jerk but he does have a creative vision and talent even though I hated this particular vision. Daniel is very talented even though he lacked time management. I think if he had more time, his collection would have looked better. But this show is about the quick turn around and Daniel would always have trouble with this factor. To me, of the six people, Emmett was the one with the least talent.
    What was interesting to me was that the top people of the last three challenges found themselves in the bottom in this challenge.

+ Reply to Thread