+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank the Designers

Rank the Designers

Ranking time.. best to worst designers as of now (tiers are still necessary until the clear losers and winners show through):

1 Nick
    2 Santino
    3 Chloe
    4-7 Diana, Emmett, Daniel V., Daniel F.
    8-12 Kara, Lupe, Zulema, Andrae, Marla

I'm curious what others think. Who's the best.. and who's the worst? Who will be eliminated next?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

1 Nick (love him)
    2 Chloe
    3 Santino (he's good but..)
    4-7 Emmett, Daniel V, Lupe, Daniel F
    8-12 Diana (she really needs something fantastic), Kara, Marla, Andrae, and Zulema

Next to go? maybe between Marla, Kara, or Andrae is my best guess

Nice thread idea!

1 - Nick and Chloe tied
    2 - Santino and Diana tied
    3 - Daniel Franco and Emmett tied
    4 - Kara, Marla, Daniel V
    5 - Andrae
    6 - Omarosa, I mean, Zulema
    (OK just kidding, she's not THAT strange)
    7 - am I forgetting anyone?? *Edit: Oh ok, Lupe. I don't know what to do with her. Enough said? LOL She is better than half of them but usually misses the point of the challenge IMO.

Anyone curious about my reasons (for the other ones) just ask

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Nice thread idea!

1 - Nick and Chloe tied
    2 - Santino and Diana tied
    3 - Daniel Franco and Emmett tied
    4 - Kara, Marla, Daniel V
    5 - Andrae
    6 - Omarosa, I mean, Zulema
    (OK just kidding, she's not THAT strange)
    7 - am I forgetting anyone?? *Edit: Oh ok, Lupe. I don't know what to do with her. Enough said? LOL She is better than half of them but usually misses the point of the challenge IMO.

Anyone curious about my reasons (for the other ones) just ask
    I'm curious about your number 2 slot. Diana = Santino. How so?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I'll try.

Santino = great concepts, a lot of talent, stunning technique (the draping/sewing etc.)

Diana = great concepts, a lot of talent, and I never know what she might do (in a good way)

Santino has her beat for technique (he has most of them beat) but Diana has him beat for out-there designs that she somehow manages to pull off. I like that she has not got a traditional fashion background. She thinks more outside the box. Santino's are great but in some way they seem to have appeared on a runway before.

So, one loses a slight bit for less technique or just not yet being finished somehow/at her full potential (those aren't bad things but can't reward what isn't there yet) and the other loses a slight bit for being a bit TOO finished or predictable (not the exact design being predictable but overall the type). If Santino weren't so in love with his own designs he might be incandescent. But he is, so he's not.

I'm not only thinking of them as compared to the others, but as compared to anyone. He's very very good; but I'd like to see him really break out and he's trying so hard to be impressive that take away some of the energy from being truly an original. He wants to be as big a genius as Shakespeare. But again I feel we've seen his stuff on a runway somewhere before. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think if it's taken to its furthest point, is there something about his designs that seems personal or uniquely his?
    Last edited by Brandy; 12-15-2005 at 06:47 PM.

1 Nick, Chloe
    2 Daniel Franco, Kara, Emmett
    3 Santino (good, but I can't stand his sense of entitlement)
    4 Diana,
    5 Daniel V, Lupe
    6 Andrae, Marla
    7 Zuleima

1. Cloe - she is sticking to her "clean lines" philosophy
    2. Nick - I think he will present a wider variation of clothing style than the others
    3. I wish I could say Daniel Franco because I really like the tailored look, but...Santino - can he do anything but drape and pleat and ruche?
    4. Daniel Franco
    5. Diana - it will be interesting to see what she does with cloth pattern and tech devises like she did for her audition.
    6. Emmet - needs to break his pencil and try the Franco technique of draping on the dummy.
    7. Kara - she needs to open up - hah
    8. Marla - at least she's getting some attention unlike
    9. Daniel V. - who seems hiding in the middle for now
    10. Lupe, Andrae and Zuleima - Andrae and Zuleima listen to their own drummers and I just can't get a handle on Lupe yet.

1. Santino
    2. Chloe
    3. Nick
    4. Emmet
    5. tie: Daniel V. & Kara
    (Huge gap)

7. Lupe (I loved her Barbie design, but that's the only one)
    8. Daniel F.
    9. Zulema
    10. Diana
    11. Andrae
    12. Marla

Next to go: Emmet, Diana, or Daniel F.
    Last edited by NICOLAE79; 12-18-2005 at 06:54 PM.
    If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, they are yours. If they don't, hunt them down and kill them.

1. Nick (my fave. I want him to be my "main Gay")
    2. Santino (he's gonna steal my soul, but man can he make kickass things)
    3. Chloe (always does wonderfully)
    4. Emmet (he's a pretty man and does pretty things. I actually really liked his Barbie dress, and can actually see that dress, if done in more blue and silver print, as like, a holiday party babie)

everybody else.... meh .... just do not seem memorable or that good to me.

I just watched a rerun again last night and I agree about Emmet's Barbie dress. It was prettier the second time around (third, fourth who's counting). This time I noticed it had more mirror trim and it was really pretty from the front. I think it might've been more appealing to the My Scene Barbie line if he'd have left it a mini and then had a bit of a bare midriff or something?? Rather than all a blue dress. A little too predictable for Barbie, to be chosen as a special boxed edition.

I think it was the bell sleeves, when she walked, that made it seem more like an ice skater's costume. The sleeves kind of floated. My Scene Barbie isn't very floaty or feminine. But a more innocent version of Paris Hilton.

But looking at it again you're right it really was a quietly stunning dress. Very pretty. Maybe he should take bigger risks though? So they can imagine what his runway line might look like... they won't want all quiet designs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast