+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Models: Season 2

I thought I'd post a representative photo from each collection this past episode. Also this will show some of the models.

First - Hideous Girl... I'm referring to her attitude but doesn't she even LOOK bored here? And how is this like lingerie? It's like cocktail dress meets Supergirl.

The winner, Daniel V's collection. But again more like a mini dress, and she looks hookerish, to me.

By contrast, Daniel F's is pretty, and no less derivative than anyone else's, IMO. I think many women could imagine themselves wearing this. Also this is Claudia right? Hope she gets chosen next time

ACK!!

Even though we don't see much of the models, so far I like Claudia (weird walk though), Grace (awesome portfolio and not one bit trashy), and Lesley (another great portfolio, and something about her says Uma Thurman in my mind).

Danyelle (Andrae's model) is surprising me too. Even though I don't like her that much, each week she looks totally different, and really changes like a model should. She looks like she's having fun in [what little] we see of her.

You're right, Danyelle seems nice too, and versatile and cute etc. I wonder if she or Andrae thought of the cat crouch pose? But, it wasn't all that bad. I felt she was biting her tongue when Andrae was making a big deal out of the wig. That almost called more attention to the fact she wore a 'fro than just leaving it alone and treating her the same as every model there. Plus I think she knew it might hurt his chances. I could almost sense her thinking "I don't mind!". Lol.

I'll have to look up Lesley, I don't remember her.

Lesley is Diana's model. Here's her Portfolio from the site:

Thanks for posting those, saves me a trip! That 2nd shot is amazing - she looks like a sculpture!

I don't recall her from the show, but I find Diana's designs a bit overwhelming (so I didn't notice Lesley). Plus, in the Barbie challenge there was that huge hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    What was with Miss Diva Model this last episode?

Don't want to model the clothes? Asking the fashion designer to redesign it to suit her? Don't want to model the clothes? "You're fired!" Get out.

I wish they'd have gone to the producers, said something like, "Our model refuses to wear our designs. She is insisting we totally alter/redesign the garment to suit her taste. We need to either be allowed more runway time so that one model can wear two outfits, or we need to get a replacement for her (hey Allison!), or we hope you can snap her into shape."

On top of all that, her walk was WEAK, and she did not show off the outfit at all, and her butt is flabby too. (I wouldn't rip on her but she could've cost them the challenge) In other words I'm at a loss to see where she is coming from with this egotism.
    I don't know, you women are funny about what your comfortable with. I've learned from experience that you really have to be sensitive to what women are comfortable with. Private parts should covered and the cheeks of your butt should not show. They are models, but just that models. They are probably not getting enough money if they are getting paid to show naughty parts. And, the women have parents, sisters and brothers, and boyfriends. They probably wouldn't want their loved ones to see them looking inappropriate. They need to design better. If they want to show private parts, then maybe they should wear the stuff themself. I personally don't want to watch someone be uncomfortable.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

As a model, she needs to be comfortable in virtually everything. Models have to undress in front of -whoever- behind the scenes during a runway show. And part of their job is to not mind! Fashion does not always ensure that model's bodies are completely covered, obviously. It's not the designer's job to make the models feel comfortable -and it's not their fault either! I couldn't believe her attitude. She should find a different job where she can decide what she gets to wear. But this isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    I personally don't want to watch someone be uncomfortable.
    Me neither.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

As a model, she needs to be comfortable in virtually everything.
    I gotta agree: she needs to model dental floss if that is what the designer gives her to wear. Her trying to tell the designers or makeup people what she will or won't have done to her hair and makeup is ridiculous, also. She's supposed to be a model... her attitude is just ridiculous.

Models often model next to nothing. She'd better get used to it, or get another job, I agreed w/Diana. Especially for a model to spring that on them last minute. Where does she get off, telling them just before the show, that she won't wear the design? What they had her in was NOT that bad anyway. She should stick to Amish fashion shows, I guess?! (Nothing against the Amish). Sheesh. LOL

I don't know, you women are funny about what your comfortable with.
    Women are individuals, and what one is comfortable in the other won't go near. (i.e. some are comfortable in anything) She is a model, paid to wear what she's given. Period. She's pulling a diva fit like she is a top model and she's not. Which means she expects to be paid just for showing up. The other two models did not have a problem with it, as an example. Also, paid well or not, they're getting a lot of publicity out of it, and a chance at a featured spot in a major magazine. They know going in that they can't tell the designers what to do. Not to mention they had to have signed a contract stating they will model the clothes they are given. (If she had a problem with the pay or exposure, she shouldn't be there). She's pushing them around because they're letting her.
    Last edited by Brandy; 12-28-2005 at 11:16 PM.

A woman is not gonna do what a woman doesn't want to do. Model or not, women are all the same. I truly think that if the outfit wasn't changed, the outfit wouldn't have gone down the runway. That Chloe, in my opinion, thinks she is something. She has a bad opinion for everyone. I hope she gets cut. Pride cometh before a fall. She is on my bad list.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

+ Reply to Thread