+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Models: Season 2

FORT Regular
    Has anyone noticed that Racheal the model on Project Runway 2 also auditioned for America's Next Top Model?She was the one that ran and cried in the bathroom while Tyra came to comfort her.At the time she had a black streak in her hair.On the ANTM website her name is also Racheal,so I am sure it is her.She is from Alabama.

FORT Fan
    Actually if you look at the models' portfolios, there are quite a few stunners. I think Grace has a very interesting look -- and legs up to her neck!

But two episodes so far, and I have not seen any real strong walkers standing out... I didn't miss the drama, but where's the Morganza of this season? With the fact that the designers no longer choosing different models for each competition, and the cameras seem to focus more on the clothes than the walk, I get the feeling that PR2 is backing away from the model sub-plot...

These are professional models they are supposed to take great photos. Im not impressed with how they look in person at all. I miss Morgans, Melissas and Martinique's walks, why couldn't they invite back some of the models from last year.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaase View Post
    These are professional models they are supposed to take great photos. Im not impressed with how they look in person at all. I miss Morgans, Melissas and Martinique's walks, why couldn't they invite back some of the models from last year.
    Um, maybe they didn't want to come back? It's supremo humiliation to be standing up there and be eliminated (on TV!) because the designers don't want to work with you...

Did you notice, Santino's model snickered at Andrae while he was crying? Ok, come on, how well could she design?

Granted, the waterworks were frightening but it was unprofessional of her to 'comment' that way.

The replacement model - the curly-haired blond with the snub nose? So far she seems the most amenable and professional. She's practically telegraphing those qualities - something tells me she acts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    The replacement model - the curly-haired blond with the snub nose? So far she seems the most amenable and professional. She's practically telegraphing those qualities - something tells me she acts also.
    If you're talking about Maria's replacement, Allison, then I really like her! It would be awesome and ironic to see her win it.

I'm really curious about the elimination process. Heidi did say the models would be with the designers throughout the rest of the show, which is really sad for the models if they're eliminated with the designer. Then this Zulema walkoff thing seems to suggest Heidi's original pronouncement isn't set in stone. So I'm really confused. Is the model eliminated with the designer, or are they thrown to the wolves and offered up to the designers to decide if they want to take the solo model.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    I'm really curious about the elimination process. Heidi did say the models would be with the designers throughout the rest of the show, which is really sad for the models if they're eliminated with the designer. Then this Zulema walkoff thing seems to suggest Heidi's original pronouncement isn't set in stone. So I'm really confused. Is the model eliminated with the designer, or are they thrown to the wolves and offered up to the designers to decide if they want to take the solo model.
    I noticed the same things and have the same questions.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by PriscillaW View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Racheal the model on Project Runway 2 also auditioned for America's Next Top Model?She was the one that ran and cried in the bathroom while Tyra came to comfort her.At the time she had a black streak in her hair.On the ANTM website her name is also Racheal,so I am sure it is her.She is from Alabama.
    I hadn't noticed, until I read your comment, but I went back and looked, and I think you're right. She looks SO MUCH better without the mixed hair color, and with a little more age and maturity in her. I had no idea she had such a good figure from ANTM's video of her. She said during the ANTM 3 audition that she'd been on the cover of Seventeen magazine, so clearly she had had some successful modelling before the ANTM audition, and since. Good for her!

As for the models this season versus last, last season it struck me that the producers has selected a few girls who were clearly a cut above the rest, looks wise and walking wise, probably for the benefit of the drama of which model was going to get cut each episode. This season, I suspect its a little different, partially because of the coverage last season's models got, there is probably more competition for slots on the show (hence why there are so many better runway models this season), and if indeed they are largely abandoning the model elimination, they may not have wanted to seed some "stars" amongst the chorus girls, so to speak, but keep the level more uniform.

As for the walk-off that Zulema wants for next episode, I don't know if they are going back to the full model elimination format. It strikes me that unlike last season, the winner of the challenge wasn't granted immunity for the next episode, so we don't yet know what the winner benefit is, other than bragging rights. It strikes me that the winner may have the right to snag another designer's model (who then becomes their permanent model unless they win another challenge), who can then either snag either the girl assigned to the eliminated designer, or turn around and steal the model of another designer. That way, they'd still have a limited amount of drama from model turnover, without having EVERYONE have to start over with new models, and they might have an opportunity to create some drama/resentment/bad blood about model stealing.

FORT Fan
    With only 14 episodes, I can understand if they decided to just focus on the designers instead of adding models into the mix as well; but saying something on camera like "Maria has dropped out" without offering a bit more explanation is a tad frustrating. Especially if Heidi announced that it was a competition for the models as well, it seemed kinda unfair the girls' fate layed solely on whether one of the designers they were attached to was going to screw up that week. What exactly did they have to compete for then?

Gawd, why can't Wednesday come sooner? All these speculations...

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    With only 14 episodes, I can understand if they decided to just focus on the designers instead of adding models into the mix as well; but saying something on camera like "Maria has dropped out" without offering a bit more explanation is a tad frustrating. Especially if Heidi announced that it was a competition for the models as well, it seemed kinda unfair the girls' fate layed solely on whether one of the designers they were attached to was going to screw up that week. What exactly did they have to compete for then?

Gawd, why can't Wednesday come sooner? All these speculations...
    Well, they don't necessarily OWE us an explanation for Maria's disappearance. I guess it all depends on WHY she dropped out. For all we know, maybe it was something sensitive, like she had a sick relative, personal business she wouldn't necessarily want discussed on TV. If it was something stupid like she pulled a Morgan and didn't show up on time and they fired her, no point in making more drama over it, especially since one of the eliminated models was good enough to hustle in and take her place on apparently short notice.

+ Reply to Thread