+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kara Janx - Season 2

I just finished watching Susanna Poykio finish her short program in the ladies firgure skating Olympic championships and all I can say is she wore fringe. In fact 3 layers of it in hot pink, darker pink and even darker pink. With a hot pink sequined top with silver sequin trim. It was showgirl all the way. I just remember all the snide comments Nina made about Kara's figure skating costumes. It being too showgirl and who wears fringe. Well, they do wear fringe at the Olympics. It was fringe city in the ice dancing competition. The only thing Kara did wrong was make it black. It needed color.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Boy, she didn't come off very well in the Reunion show. Also, the way she kept saying "I just won't comment" in regards to who she thinks will win... gah! Lighten up.
    I think she's just too difficult.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I just finished watching Susanna Poykio finish her short program in the ladies firgure skating Olympic championships and all I can say is she wore fringe. In fact 3 layers of it in hot pink, darker pink and even darker pink. With a hot pink sequined top with silver sequin trim. It was showgirl all the way. I just remember all the snide comments Nina made about Kara's figure skating costumes. It being too showgirl and who wears fringe. Well, they do wear fringe at the Olympics. It was fringe city in the ice dancing competition. The only thing Kara did wrong was make it black. It needed color.
    Susanna designed the dress herself and placed 12th... soooo.....

She was fairly quiet at the reunion, yes. Maybe it was hard to be that close to being in the final 3 but not making it. Or getting all those good fashion reviews and knowing it might all stop once they learn she was 4th. I've gotta agree with Michael Kors though (shock!) that it's baffling why Kara didn't use her unique sensibility more during the show. If her clothes were as unique as her mode of speaking... just imagine! Lol.

But seriously though... when she just kind of went with it she was fine - Makeover, Flower Power. But when she tried too hard and went for 'safe' she was boring.

FORT Fogey
    Was it just the way the scene was edited or did it look like Kara was expecting to be chosen as an assistant for the dress surprise by Chloe?

Did anybody see the nice lil blip about her dress she wore on her last challenge, with the blue ties (the one Kors loved), that here being sold pretty well now?

Austin I think Kara's expression was a combination of "how embarrassing if she does not pick me" and "I hope she doesn't pick me". (The latter, because she had her own collection to attend to.) I noticed she kept not meeting Chloe's eyes. Well, Kara looked from side to side so unless Chloe was a tennis game... I have to assume that's what Kara was doing.

Emmett had almost the same look. A little forlorn like "She won't pick me" and also a type of embarrassed look perhaps... I hated that they sprung a final challenge on the final 3, and also that the show pressed the others into service as unpaid, almost forced labor. At that point it was salt in a wound. Also that they made them all line up to be picked! It reminded me of recess and they all didn't wanna be the kid not chosen.

Way to add one last humiliation, Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Austin I think Kara's expression was a combination of "how embarrassing if she does not pick me" and "I hope she doesn't pick me". (The latter, because she had her own collection to attend to.) I noticed she kept not meeting Chloe's eyes. Well, Kara looked from side to side so unless Chloe was a tennis game... I have to assume that's what Kara was doing.
    On Blogging Project Runway, they have an interview with Kara. She says that she found out that she had to make a 13th outfit at the same time as the others, that she couldn't have an assistant, and that the others couldn't pick her as their assistant. She was probably thinking: why do I have to stand here, let me get to work!

It's an interesting interview.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I hated that they sprung a final challenge on the final 3
    If any of the judges comments that the 13th outfit doesn't fit in with the other outfits of the collection that would be completely unfair. I agree it was a terrible surprise to spring on the final 3.

alphacat thank you for that info and insight. Very helpful! And funny under the circumstances. I think Daniel was also incredulous at the fake drama by then.

Austin, thank you for the reply too; yes, it added needless tension. The show needs to learn, REALLY learn, that there is already enough natural drama just watching people compete and create! We don't need to see them tortured!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast