+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 174

Thread: 2/23 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,270
    Julia! Jay! Yessss

  2. #82
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I do see how Kara's shoes might give her an unfair advantage, however I think Kara made an honest mistake, unlike Wendy, who's nasty machinations are deliberately "evil" (she used that word herself) and pre-meditated. Kara just didn't read the contract well enough! Wendy's anger here is not righteous, it's just another opportunity to justify herself.
    It wasn't a fair and equal playing field, but Wendy was definitely milking it for all it was worth, trying to stick pins in Kara Saun.

    BTW, just out of curiosity, maybe I missed it, but with all these people having all their family around, where exactly was Wendy's husband in all this? Mom and daughter were all over the place, but no husband to be seen, at least not that I saw. Kind of reminds me of this woman who worked in the same place I did, big office, was a real pathological liar, lied about everything, talked about her husband, sometimes he was a composer, sometimes she railed against him because he wasn't working, but never had any pictures of him, he never called, never came to the office, no one ever met him, we all wondered if he even existed at all. *cue Twilight Zone music*

  3. #83
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    96
    I was getting SOOOOO frustrated watching this show!! Wendy is just :phhht .

    She is so worried about the whole "competition" that she's accusing everyone else of playing the game that SHE and ONLY SHE is playing. I think the phrase is, "Only thieves think that everyone steals" or something like that. Just from hearing her accusations of other people, you're like "No Wendy. That's you! No Wendy. Point the finger the other way!"

    Like that whole breakdown with being late. She was absolutely in tears. She kept accusing everyone else of doing it intentionally to "mess with her mind." DELUSIONAL!!! Plus, if she thinks that they're really doing it on purpose and it makes her feel like crap, doesn't she think that maybe that's how other people feel about HER and that's why they hate her??!!

  4. #84
    Picture Perfect SnowflakeGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the Limelight
    Posts
    7,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    BTW, just out of curiosity, maybe I missed it, but with all these people having all their family around, where exactly was Wendy's husband in all this? Mom and daughter were all over the place, but no husband to be seen, at least not that I saw. Kind of reminds me of this woman who worked in the same place I did, big office, was a real pathological liar, lied about everything, talked about her husband, sometimes he was a composer, sometimes she railed against him because he wasn't working, but never had any pictures of him, he never called, never came to the office, no one ever met him, we all wondered if he even existed at all. *cue Twilight Zone music*
    Maybe Wendy felt he would get in the way of her career and she has him stuffed in a drum in a storage facility somewhere in good ol' Wherever-She's-From, Virginia. Can't you see her coldly dispatching of him, then telling herself that what she did was absolutely right and justified? *cue music from Psycho*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

  5. #85
    Guys... psycobabe007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Good ol' Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,609
    ^^^ Yesh, where was Mr. Wendy Pepper??

    Oh, I wish I could have stayed in a W hotel!! I saw the W in Hawaii and I loved it!!

    BTW, thanks guys for dealing with my hyperness tonight!!! HEHE!!

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey Salome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Did anybody notice Ann on there
    That's what I'm wondering...

    I can't watch the show until this weekend, but someone outside my window just yelled, "Did you watch Project Runway? I'm so happy Jay won!" And then my heart did a little cartwheel. Jay (and Nora) devotee since day one! I didn't love Jay's collection when I first saw the pics; his collection took time to grow on me, but now I can't wait to see it on the show.

  7. #87
    Mrow? Evilkitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13
    YEAH JAY!! My roommate and I went nuts after he won!

  8. #88
    FORT Fanatic gemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    That's what I'm wondering...

    I can't watch the show until this weekend, but someone outside my window just yelled, "Did you watch Project Runway? I'm so happy Jay won!" And then my heart did a little cartwheel. Jay (and Nora) devotee since day one! I didn't love Jay's collection when I first saw the pics; his collection took time to grow on me, but now I can't wait to see it on the show.
    Yep, I saw her. I didn't see her in the actual runway footage, but when they were reviewing the designers, they showed a clip of her.

  9. #89
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Maybe Wendy felt he would get in the way of her career and she has him stuffed in a drum in a storage facility somewhere in good ol' Wherever-She's-From, Virginia. Can't you see her coldly dispatching of him, then telling herself that what she did was absolutely right and justified? *cue music from Psycho*
    I could totally see that. Maybe he's 400 pounds and makes Jay look svelt and Roseanne Barr look cultured and sophisticated.

    I'm surprised she didn't hire some buff looking studmuffin actor to play her husband on TV.

    Of course, what is more likely, and I totally wouldn't put it past Wendy, the dude in the SUV driving by who called out "go Wendy!" was probably her husband, waiting around the corner for them to walk by and give her the thumbs up like some anonymous stranger, and if he'd actually shown up to Fashion Week, we would have realized it was a set up. So he was tied and gagged and consigned to the broom closet back in Middleburg.

    BTW folks, at Kara Saun politely trying to have nothing to do with Wendy, and Wendy basically doing her "I will *not* be ignored!" routine, like some petulant child, demanding that she be payed attention to by Kara Saun, who clearly does not like her, I can't decide whether she's doing it because she can't stand being persona non grata, or to irritate Kara Saun.

    OMG, watching the fight scene again, just caught the best line by Kara Saun to Wendy: "My strategy is to live on my talent. You don't have that option."

  10. #90
    FORT Fan mariagoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    290
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Jay won! His collection was absolutely gorgeous, NOT too matchy-matchy (no matter what Michael Kors said) and good to the very last detail. (Especially those fabulous necklaces!) He was blazingly, fantastically original in his collection-- reminding me very much of a younger Marc Jacobs. And believe me-- I can have no higher praise!

    I'm glad he's won! The bridesmaid finally becomes the bride here!

    I really liked Kara Saun's collection a great deal more when I saw them on camera than when I saw them in still pictures. Yes, she was a little too "Gucci"-esque, but she still gave Jay a run for his money with her exqusitely made collection. I'd rock her outfits anyday!

    And the Pepper? Bleh, what a baby and what an instigator. Even when Kara Saun didn't WANT to talk to her, she had to come over and start bitching and fighting and nagging the competition. And the way she treated Jay was criminal. Here's this guy telling the woman you hate to treat you like normal-- and you go and insult him? Way to win allies, bitch.

    If nothing else, I'm GLAD she and her stupid badly-tailored-charmeuse-and-bare-boobies collection didn't even pose a serious challenge to either of them!
    Last edited by mariagoner; 02-24-2005 at 12:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.