+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why I Want Wicked Wendy To Win

Tim on the Grammy dress:

"Wendy is successful when she is given a lot of design direction with a heavy hand; that is, considerable constraints and restraints. Witness Banana Republic: design director Deborah Lloyd's brief was explicit, the fabrics and color story were prescribed, and the customer was a known entity."

The Banana Republic dress that Wendy created, was so basic, and she put a cape with it. I don't see anyone wearing that. I really thought that Jay and Austin's dresses would win.

And if you notice the pictures of Nancy O'Dell, she didn't exactly wear the exact creation of Wendy Pepper. I don't see anyone wearing that.

Wendy may be middle America, but to see what she creates in Elle magazine, I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills
    Thanks, corprip, it WAS Tim.

Isn't he impressive? He has an excellent and immediate grasp of how to improve a given design, has great people skills, an overall excellent sense of authority and respectability.

I DID miss the part where he said Wendy isn't a fashion designer.

Somewhere I read that Wendy continues to have a mentor/student relationship with Tim.
    Actually, to add to what mariagoner said, Tim's comments about Wendy in that MSNBC article were even more pointed, something to the effect of "she is great with a Simplicity pattern, but she's not really a designer." and then something else about the fact that she shouldn't be let loose on her own. (The article is posted in the Jay and Wendy threads, you can find it if you want...)

FORT Newbie

ugh

ok first off...Nancy o'dell is not a celebrity. Shes just a washed up beauty queen with no taste. i cant beleive she watned an orange outfit. i thought it clashed with her fake tan, but what do i know?

as for Wendy, i wouldnt call her a villain...I would call her someone who has different strengths that her other contestants. Wendy does not have the ability to beat them out with her fashion skills, but she is a master of getting what she wants. She got on the show, so someone liked her stuff, but more importantly she has the perserverance which is so important in the industry. I dont like her designs, but if she had to sell out someone to win, then so be it. it is a competition after all!

She wont win. period. Parker Posey would never let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills
    Regarding why Wendy beat Austin to make it into the final 3: Wendy was IN and Austin OUT because, as the 'judges' seem to not realize, she designs for 'real' people, not wafer thin models. The gal (sorry, forget her name) chose the outfit that she could actually see herself wearing.

As that one guy (don't know his name, he's very impressive person though) said, actually she is very talented and in fact her market is much larger than the other designers.

Wendy, most of normal, middle America would probably wear your designs, and choose to meet you for lunch, over most of the other designers.
    I have to disagree. I really don't see Wendy as someone who designs for the women of Middle America (candy bikini?). I think her designs are just poorly executed, and unimaginative overall. Would the average woman wear her envy dress? How about the post office challenge? She seemed to be going for dowdy on that one.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I didn't like how Wendy kept complaining that no one was looking out for her but then turned around and spewed venom at her fellow competitors, saying I'm here to win, not make friends. You can't have it both ways, Psycho Woman. If you're there to win at all costs, stop crying in the elevator and ranting at the cameraman and be the hard-nosed bitch you say you are.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    I didn't like how Wendy kept complaining that no one was looking out for her but then turned around and spewed venom at her fellow competitors, saying I'm here to win, not make friends. You can't have it both ways, Psycho Woman. If you're there to win at all costs, stop crying in the elevator and ranting at the cameraman and be the hard-nosed bitch you say you are.
    The irony is, even though Jay doesn't like her, he was still trying to be fair, especially during the fight with Kara Saun, and she turns around and attacks him by telling him his strategy is not to shut up and insulting him. Girl doesn't know who her friends are. Or the closest thing to them she had on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    The irony is, even though Jay doesn't like her, he was still trying to be fair, especially during the fight with Kara Saun, and she turns around and attacks him by telling him his strategy is not to shut up and insulting him. Girl doesn't know who her friends are. Or the closest thing to them she had on the show.
    I KNOW! What can you possibly do with a woman like Wendy? If she feels threatened by you, she'll end up being a bitch to you, no matter how nice you act towards her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123