+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So where the heck was Nancy O'Dell???

Found a picture finally! I see she totally changed the skirt.

I found it too, but you beat me for a sec. I removed it because it was basically just a same picture.

I'm glad that she worn it last night, so maybe she'll stay true on her words to Austin about having him design her an Oscar dress?

Beside, it's much more cheaper that way.

G.
    Last edited by Lonelyguy82; 02-14-2005 at 06:30 PM.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

So, she took the outfit and removed the feathers. Good call, and she looks fabulous!

I think the color is really unflattering against her fake tan. It's too bad she was so against pink, Jay's dress would've been a much more flattering color. And if they completely changed Wendy's skirt, couldn't they have modified Jay's top just as easily?
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

FORT Fan
    Far be it from me to say anything nice about Wendy or her designs, but looking at the picture above, I think it was a bit more glam and Grammys-esque with the feathers on the skirt. At least then it had some pop. That outfit looks like something anyone in Southern California would wear out to brunch or a garden party. Completely blah and forgettable. Nancy, you picked Wendy, and you should have been required to stick with her!

I liked Wendy's dress on the flat, skinny model. The feathers were a cute, funky complement to the outfit and the model needed extra umph for her stick figure. But Nancy looks busty and has normal, full hips--the feathers just would have been too much on her. Too bad, cuz the "tweaked" outfit doesn't look balanced or flattering on her.

The paradox is that Wendy and the others designed their Grammy dresses for bone-thin women with radically different figures from Nancy's. I'm not sure some of the others' designs would have worked on Nancy either.

Orange+Orange=More Orange?

Egad!
    She should put that jacket on, what in the world was she thinking with that tan AND the head to toe orange? What a shame. Is it really a 'win' if the design is damn near totally different? To me the top looks different, too.
    I think she came in with the coat/cape/sheet thing on, and was bombarded by photographers to take it off, thus revealing the poolside neon nightmare beneath.

If Austin designs her Oscar dress, it better LOOK like an Austin design. This was something straight out of Forever 21 or Wet Seal.
    (no offense - it just doesn't scream (green) Red Carpet!)
    "Blame me if you must, but don't EVER speak ill of the program!"
    - Homer Simpson

She looks good. I'm glad the feathers are gone, but it does look rather ordinary now. And I still say the top looks saggy. It hides the sound pack but it also makes it seem like Nancy's trying to hide some flesh too. And Starlette I agree the bright orange does make her complexion look a bit dull. . .but she says she like orange. Hmm. Makes me wonder if Jay had made his dress in brighter colors - red/orange/yellow/etc. would Nancy have gone for it instead?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

It's NOTHING like Wendy designed. The only thing similar is....the orange. Even that looks a tad changed.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

EXACTLY.
    Good call, Maveno.
    I was trying to see if at least the twisty part of the top at the bust was the same, but I don't think it is!
    Did Wendy 'redesign' this? Anyone know?
    "Blame me if you must, but don't EVER speak ill of the program!"
    - Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast