+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week ***MAJOR SPOILERS***

FORT Fogey
    The only model I saw on the pictures was Julia... does that mean she won?

all the models are at fashion week except for Mary (the first model to be eliminated) and Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Do you think that because her biggest supporters (Kevin & Robert) are gone? I think Jay will forgive Julia, Kara will stick with Jenny, and Wendy and Austin will have a slapmatch over Martinique and Melissa.
    I think its for a couple of reasons. One, all the straight men are gone. Except for the first episode, when Austin picked her, Olga was always chosen by the straight men, never by the women. (Not sure why, just noticed it, and this is assuming that I "know" who the straight men are, so my supposition could be wrong, although Robert is a pretty safe bet) I think she probably also didn't do herself any favors by telling Robert she was going to make him work hard, and then all the whining and moaning about the itchiness of the wedding dress ensemble, asking to get out of it over and over again, the tears, etc. I'm sure that didn't go unnoticed by the designers.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by valo
    all the models are at fashion week except for Mary (the first model to be eliminated) and Morgan.
    Morgan walked for Balenciaga. Thats at fashion week, ma pauvre

But wasn't that last season in Paris? In any case, all the remaining models were in the Project Runway show, I believe.

I'm so glad the critics are supporting Jay! I think it would almost be better for him to come in second and go his own way, as we've all been saying Banana Republic is a better fit for Kara Saun.

I noticed that the red dress from Austin's collection was shown at a Project Runway promotional event in November: here. None of the other looks seem to be repeats, but you can tell, for example, that one is Jay's. There's probably no significance to this, though.

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/fashionweekdaily.com This article was on fashionweekdaily.com
    Apparently they aren't as crazy over Kara Saun as everyone else...

Runway Report
    Project Runway: Undressed!

NEW YORK: Monday, February 07, 2005

Jay McCaroll: The best collection by far, McCarroll’s models strutted down the catwalk like the coolest girls in town, rocking oversized headphones color-coordinated to their outfits. A strong but classic autumn color palette of gold, copper, brown, green, navy, and black fueled the directional, chunky-knit-heavy collection. McCarroll appeared to take cues from Comme des Garçons Fall 04, opening the show with a reworked Junya Watanabe-style quilted wrap coat and later with a jacket adorned with pins, similar to last season’s Comme. All in all, McCarroll is our winner: highly skilled, attentive to fit, with a brilliant eye for color. No gimmicks here—just ultra-stylish clothes.

Austin Scarlett: Scarlett’s costume-drama of a collection is pure Williamsburg—colonial Williamsburg. Scarlett sent models galomping down the runway dressed as Paul Revere and Yankee Doodle. Scalloped edging on leather, velvet trousers, ruffled shirts, sheepskin calf-length capes, jodhpurs, and even spats! All this was set to the tune of an old-school flute rendition of Yankee Doodle Dandy—with no irony, as far as we could tell. Scarlett clearly knows how to construct a garment, but he’s a little one-notey.

Kara Saun: No matter how much people like her personality (and obvious skill with leather), Kara’s collection was disappointing. Fantasy Fly-Girl’s color choices (rust, fucshia, mauve, and gold) were too much, and the addition of a Gucci knockoff belt didn’t help. Saun probably spent loads of dosh on expensive leathers (including crocodile) and furs, and her technical skills with leather are admirable, but we’d recommend a forage through a good fashion archive. The look of luxury does not come easy.

Wendy Pepper: Long, padded parkas, boxy brown suede pants, iridescent lime-green velvet, and ruched Lycra-Spandex, set to remixed ’80s new-wave tech pop. Need we say more?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie

Your opinion on whose going to win

In my opinion, and through some research, and more than a bit of speculation, I think its going to be Jay. Kara's entire collection from the show is amazing, but seeing the pictures from fashion week, its doesn't seem like she's going to win. After reading about 10 critic reviews about Fashion Week, it seems that Jay has their interest more than Kara.

Personally I like Jay's collection better for fashion week. It followed a theme closer than Kara's. And it seems that most of fashion week clothing isn't that accesible to the common person, Kara's seems too commercial, IMO, but Jay has the same sense of style as other designers of the week.

Another possible proof of evidence: if you look at the online store at Bravo, most of the items on there are designed by Jay, coincidence? maybe......

P.S. Notice how I didn't even mention Cruella de Ville? Well I hope that *itch doesn't win. Or else the entire fashion industry is just whacked out.

In my history of reality TV viewing, I think only two people I have cheered for have ever won a competitive show, so Wendy must be the Fashion Week winner.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Quote Originally Posted by khaderach19
    In my opinion, and through some research, and more than a bit of speculation, I think its going to be Jay.

P.S. Notice how I didn't even mention Cruella de Ville? Well I hope that *itch doesn't win. Or else the entire fashion industry is just whacked out.
    I think it will be Jay too. He was received the best by the audience, the press, and at least one celebrity (Carson Kressley).

As far as Wendy, I think the press is taking some special pleasure in ripping her. Wendy is definitely number 3.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Well, Jay's collection has grown on me from good (but slightly disappointing for Jay) to understanding why it's the best. (I think I tend to prefer when Jay's not allowed to follow all his whims, but focuses them in a slightly less punkish direction, but that's just me.)

I'm 50/50, but one reason I think Jay might win is that Kara is almost too obvious a choice based on the number of challenges she's won. But I'll be happy with either of them, just not Wendy! No way in hell is that happening, anyway. I'm so sure, I can say it without even worrying about a jinx.

+ Reply to Thread