+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week ***MAJOR SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    ANTM fans unite! Is this Ann? (I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to link to pictures, but this is a model from Kara's collection)
    Ann did a great job (three shows in one day). Thanks to Kara and her staff for choosing Ann. I've been a fan of Kara since the first "Dior" inspired creation on Morgan and I have a feeling that she'll take the price, her collection was OK and she had the hottest models.

I can't believe Ujjwala Raut walked for Wendy, did anyone else notice that?

Jay did a great job, he was the most original one. Didn't like Austin's and Wendy's designs! I'm wondering how many creations did each designer present? Was it a 30min show?

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Hmm, they also call them "finalists" in that link, corprip.

I will say that Bravo has really seemed unprofessional throughout the airing of this show. Their site photographs are half-assed and look like cheap video screenshots. They put up Wendy's BR dress in their "mart" before the episode aired. They routinely put up all the photography and episode description before its aired on the West Coast. They just don't seem to care.
    I agree, it has been done very shoddily. I was reading an interview with Vanessa, and she claims she had to pay her own airfare to New York. Apparently (and I don't why considering Cotton and BR are involved), PR was done on a very skimpy budget. Let's hope if there is ever another season, they get their act together.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

So call me a thief, but this was lifted from another board:

http://www.fashionwiredaily.com/arti...82&cookie=true

"Project Runway: The Final Four
    By Lauren David Peden
    February 04, 2005 @ 6:39 PM - New York

Lights, camera, action! In the case of the Project Runway show this morning, that was quite literally the way the Bravo event kicked off, as it was being taped for the series' final episode, in addition to acting as a fashion world introduction for the four designers who made it to the tents. Kara Saun, Jay McCarroll, Austin Scarlett and Wendy Pepper were all represented (three of them actual finalists, a fourth acting as a "ringer" to throw the press off the scent and keep the surprise intact for the big finale). That said, this was a hit-or-miss affair, fashion-wise, whose outcome seems pretty apparent, whether you've been watching the series at home or were sitting in the audience at Bryant Park.

The Queer Eye guys were on hand to lend support to their Bravo compatriots, as was designer Marc Bouwer and GenArt's Mary Gehlhar. Ousted contestants Nora, Alexandra, Robert, Starr and Daniel were seated front and center and, save for Nora (who is rooting for her buddy Jay), all the other PR peeps told FWD they put their money on Kara Saun. Kevin was — scandal! — a no-show, leaving an unoccupied seat next to celebrity guest judge Parker Posey, who was rocking a crazy-haired Katherine Hepburn-goes-to-Haight-Ashbury look.

We have to agree with their assessment: Saun's 12-piece "Fantasy Fly-Girl" collection was a standout from start to finish. That girl can deliver the goods. From the opening look: a fuschia cracked patent leather aviator jacket with rust chinchilla trim and wearable jodhpurs (which drew rousing applause), through a series of beautifully-cut silk-satin day and evening dresses in shades of chocolate, lime green and white — all with cutaway back detail and short sleeves — to pearlized quilted leather coats and cocktail dresses that were a marvel of construction and engineering, there wasn't a dud in the bunch.

Yves St. L'Austin's collection was a paean to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but in typical Scarlett fashion, he took it a tad too far. Things started off promisingly enough, with a to-die-for scalloped buckskin trench with leather belt and collar shown with a lacy blouse followed by a wonderfully fitted and flared tweed day dress with matching bolero (cut like a bustier to showcase another jabot blouse). But he quickly descended into the land of clichés (aka, Colonial Williamsburg), with a tiny blue velveteen spencer jacket worn with matching spats and three-point hat — do modern women really long to look like Paul Revere? — and elaborately flouncy or tulle-overlayed evening gowns that just seemed to be trying a little too hard to hew to the founding father's theme. The models' beribboned George Washington ponytails only served to heighten the cloy factor. One red quilted dress was just the thing for burning down Tara, while the final Liberty dress of gold organza and tulle was just (forgive us) tulle much.

A newly-brunette, moderately made-up Wendy Pepper came next (Finally! Those L'Oreal hair and makeup people must have staged an intervention). The woman Formerly Known as Cruella De Pepper showed a relatively uninspired, lackluster collection of dresses and evening gowns that seem defiantly aimed at Middle America, not Seventh Avenue (Pttthh! Take that, Michael Kors!) — save for one lovely fur-trimmed iridescent green velvet suit with unexpected beading on the back and a quilted orange pantsuit whose proportions were just right.

Jay McCarroll closed the show and delivered a defiantly downtown color-coordinated collection (each look was a specific hue) titled "Stereotype." He offered a dozen, mostly multilayered, street-smart looks, beginning with a gold quilted wrap (Chicest. Sleeping bag. Ever.) shown with a turtleneck and sequined appliquéd skirt followed by a shrunken turquoise cardigan with a huge shawl collar (who needs a scarf?), leather mini, hombre leggings and obi-inspired belt. The next look centered around an artfully tattered wrap skirt over punky deconstructed jeans (we want!) and after more appliquéd skirts, hand-knit scarves, crocheted capelets (noooooo!), leggings and big boots — all organized around a color, with each model sporting Cinnabon-sized plastic headphones that matched her ensemble — he concluded with a floor-length pink shredded skirt that resembled a sea of feathers and segued from fuschia to aubergine to chocolate as it moved from waist to ankle.

We'll have to wait until Project Runway's final episode airs on January 23rd to see who the winner really is. But if the expression on judges Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, Heidi Klum and Parker's faces during this show is any indication, Kara Saun will soon be crowned Project Runway's queen (sorry, Austin)."

Here's another interesting article with a little more dirt.

Designer slips in 'Project Runway'

Sorry if all these articles are flooding the thread, but it's fascinating, and this is for fashion week spoilers, right?

Here's one from NY Daily News.

'Runway's' next fashion victim

Spoiler alert!
    Heidi Klum's "Project Runway" rivals staged their Fashion Week show yesterday, and there's little question about who's going to come away with a stiletto print on the rump.

The final four will be whittled to three in next week's episode. And while he may make good television, Oregon original Austin Scarlett looks like he couldn't design one of Heidi's famous thongs.

(Also, he seemed to be strangely absent from the camera crew's shooting script.)

The star of the show was Kara Saun (Fashion Week honcho Fern Mallis said she was her pick), and Jay McCarroll was a crowd-pleaser with his crew of models who looked like they were dressed for Bjork's birthday party.

"People have to go when it's their time to go," Klum told me unsentimentally before the show.

Miramaximus Harvey Weinstein was an unexpected presence on the catwalk during Wendy Pepper's collection. He tried to remove a stray piece of what looked like a model's double-sided breast tape that got stuck on the runway.

"People have to go when it's their time to go." Then why is Pepper still here!?! The part about the double-sided tape is hilarious, because it probably fell off of one of Pepper's models.

Great finds, corprip, thanks for posting!
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Thanks for the great articles, Corprip.

Here's another;

But if Red Dress featured fashion's varsity, the JV squad was out in full force at "Project Runway," the reality show hosted by Heidi Klum. Backstage, cameramen knocked about as bored models stood around waiting for things to get started. Runway veteran Ujjwala munched on a bag of Cheetos, clearly unimpressed with the scene. "Can't we get some lip gloss or something?" she griped. Ony three of the four designers who showed are still in the running (the episode where the fourth is eliminated airs Wednesday). Which means one designer has already lost - and the collection won't make it on the air.

We're betting it's Austin Scarlett: Peering from behind giant glasses, he seemed crestfallen, his collection pieced together hastily (we spotted a safety pin adhering a tulle train to a gown).

But Kara Saun should be voted MVP: Her funky pieces were inventive and wearable, from a slick, cracked patent leather jacket in rich brown and magenta to red carpet-ready gowns.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/city_life/story/277978p-238182c.html

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    "People have to go when it's their time to go." Then why is Pepper still here!?! The part about the double-sided tape is hilarious, because it probably fell off of one of Pepper's models.

Great finds, corprip, thanks for posting!
    That's what I was thinking too. Wendy is such a mess.

Thanks for the back up, Fanatic.

Here's the last interesting article I found:

The runway report: Reasons to say 'Bravo'
    By Jill Radsken
    Saturday, February 5, 2005

NEW YORK -And the winner is . . . Jay McCarroll?

The four finalists on ``Project Runway,'' the Bravo reality show in search of the fashion industry's next hot talent, got to show their own collections at Fashion Week here yesterday. But though the judges, who include indie actress Parker Posey, have yet to crown their favorite, the audience gave its most enthusiastic praise to McCarroll's ``Stereotype'' collection.

The colorful presentation had it all - great ideas, beautifully tailored clothes, and a rock 'n' roll edge. You've got to love a guy who doesn't take fashion too seriously.

Kara Saun, who has seemed the clear show favorite, underwhelmed the audience with her Fantasy Fly-Girl collection. Yes, the quilted leather jackets were the bomb, but the backless dresses weren't a good fit.

Wendy Pepper's fall collection was neither here nor there. The annoying ``mom from West Virginia'' doesn't have a natural eye, and it showed.

Then there was Austin Scarlett, the flamboyant blond from Oregon. His show notes bizarrely revealed that he was born on the same day as Edgar Allan Poe, Dolly Parton and Gen. Robert E. Lee.

It was the last from whom Scarlett took inspiration in a tribute to early America, but the detailing - scalloped edging and lace blouses - was too costume-y. He also had the best and the worst of the dresses - a killer hand-quilted red gown and a blue velvet horror with silver spangles.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    CNN.com has pictures up from Fashion Week, and only three of our beloved designers' work is shown. It may reveal who the surprise elimination is. Check it out, it's the gallery on the right side of the page. You can't miss it, Julia's face is the link.

http://www.cnn.com./2005/SHOWBIZ/02/....ap/index.html
    Hmm, they show a different group of designers here:
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion/...projectrunway/

Fascinating articles. It surprises me how they mishandled fashion week - even in season one ANTM had several security checks in place. They really didn't do a good job of keeping anything under wraps. And I can't believe Vanessa had to pay her own airfare, and says she hasn't been paid for her time on the show. Good dish!

Remember yesterday when someone posted anonymously that Jay is eliminated? Probably a last-ditch effort at throwing some confusion our way.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread