+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hehehe, ANTM, you make me laugh. But seriously, it was very good of Austin to model for Jay and he wins an extra gold star in my book. It also takes a good personality to be succesful and I'm sure that even if Austin doesn't win this show, at least he didn't portray himself as a complete mean spirited person like Wendy. I'm sure he'll be getting work later on.
    Jay is also great for getting such a good design under the circumstances having to substitute his model.
    And Kara, well, she's a winner all the way isn't she.

No, Wendy won't make it to the final three. Remember the disclaimer at the end of the program that the judges make their decisions based not only upon their own marks but "consultation with the producers". That means that when faced with two equal weak links (e.g. Wendy and Robert), they ax Robert because the evil Wendy is better TV. Although I myself didn't get it as soon as other people, I thought Alexandra or Vanessa had more of a chance, its been pretty obvious for a while that Austin, Kara and Jay are the annointed ones. Like ANTM, it doesn't really matter in which order the also-rans go, its all for dramatic effect.

When it comes down to the final three, however, aside from the fact that she's not in the league of the other three (and that will stand out even more with Robert gone) they're not going to give her a finalist slot and potentially saddle the Banana Republic design team with this subpar designer because they want to keep their sponsor(s) happy. Wendy's been painted too much of an evil, manipulating, meanspirited double-crosser, no sponsor would want to be saddled with that.

OTOH, I'm sure the audience would love to see her get so close to her goal and then fall flat on her face.

PPft, I think Robert makes better tv if you know what I mean.

*snickers*

Gawd, look at those cheekbones.

I actually think that Austin is prettier than Julia in some weird way. It was really awesome of him to be such a good sport about the whole thing.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

FORT Fogey
    Those aren't cheekbones. Those are cheeks been clamped in by teeth.

Next weeks runway

Just saw next weeks runway on Bravo's preview (talk about***** spoiler****).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think Austin has finally got it and designed an awesome purple red carpet dress. Flowy but not poofy. Wendy's orange mini dress is horrendous. What was she thinking. Sure the Grammy's are funkier, but still it's not like it's the MTV awards. Kara Saun's was too far away and Jay's look's striking. If Wendy is not eliminated next week, I'm never shopping at Banana Republic again.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-03-2005 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

FORT Fogey
    Oi, in next weeks preview they showed the lineup of models (I don't get why they keep doing this, considering the modeling part is my faaavourite ).

The models for next week are:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Julia (Jay took her back :wub), Martinique (Austin) And then the other two are brown haired girls. I think its needless to say that Jenny went with Kara Saun, but it looks like Melissa got dropped in favour of Olga (shovel face) because Wendy's model looks taller. Of course, she's in the foreground, but whatever.

FYI, I'll restore the portfolio thread once it has finished airing on the West coast. (I'm closing my eyes and reading no posts as I type this!)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Oh! Sorry about the Portfolio thread..

+ Reply to Thread