+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 6 Portfolio

1. Jay
    2. Kevin (If we're talking about function, I think this would be a nice suit for yachting. I can't believe the judges were so adamant about the design not looking like a typical suit. I don't care; as long as it works, I think it's good to occasionally make something challenging.)
    3. Austin

PS: I guess I'm alone in not liking the sherbet colors of Wendy's suit on that material; I think it looks a little tacky.

FORT Fogey
    Oh! Good point about yachting... That one would definately work for that. Kara Saun's is the only really nice [practical] suit. Alexandra chose Erin, my least favourite model. Boo. Austin's is beautiful, but really, where do you go dressed like that? A 1950's Hollywood Glamour Beach Party?

Speaking of yachting, doesn't Roberts design give anybody a 1980's feel? It looks like something out of that stupid Overboard movie thats always on TBS.

FORT Newbie

Wendy's suit

I might be in the minority here, but I really liked Wendy's design. As a more full-figured woman, Wendy's design was really the only one I could see myself in. Of course she should have made a better bottom, but as far as the challenge that they had to respond to, I thought her's actually fit the requirements the best (a suit that could be worn to an evening soiree).

My two cents

Quote Originally Posted by turntotheleft
    Jay's suit high-kicks ass. Best of the week as far as I'm concerned...but dude has got to strike right-wing words like "feminazi" from his vocabulary. Gross!
    haha don't worry. I don't really see Jay as the radical right-winger type.

UGH! I think Robert's was the worst! G-Rody! A lot of his stuff looks like stuff us ordinary people could design. Alexandra's and Kara's were very plain, but Kara's shawly thing was very pretty and pulled the look together. Wendy and Kevin's were good but not very swimsuity. Austin and Jay are the best again! Go gay guys! Austin soooooo only got picked to be on Page 6 because his 16 year old model was hitting on the dirty old man. G-Rody AGAIN!
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin
    But if he used "left-wing words" it would be acceptable? While I was surprised to use a Rush Limbaugh coined word leave his mouth, I saw nothing wrong with it.
    I don't think it should be a right-wing/left-wing issue, but the term could be disrespectful of history (esp. the misuse of "Nazi"). I wasn't offended; I actually thought that ebay.com* woman's sudden and rude reaction earned some name calling. Robert's "sports car" theory might be tired, but it's really not as bad as his designs!

* I have the right judge, I hope. And what authority does she have, anyway? "Fashion Director of Ebay" ... That sounds so sad.

How Robert did not get sent home is beyond me. His suit was terrible! I'm sorry that Alexandra got sent home this week; she has been solidly in the middle the entire time only to slip up once and get the ax. However, her suit didn't fit her model well at all and that probably sealed her fate.
    I actually liked Kevin's suit a lot. I thought it was original and the scuba skirt was cute. I can definitely see important model types sporting it at a beach party.
    (he better not pick morgan again, though. that Beeyatch needs to be sent home!)

Austin NAILED it!!! I'm so serious when I say that I want his bathing suit!!!

Wendy nailed it also. I just wish she didn't spill the beans about the model using her own thong. It kinda reverts to her tendency for incompletions!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

What I found funny is that Robert's voice over explaining his suit ("I designed something that any woman could wear, not just a model") was what he should have said instead of "Women are like sports cars." And he stopped after that, instead of explaining the curves and lines, meaning women are curvy... not, as I imagine the judge thought, "high maintenance."
    Anyway, I'm happy with the outcome. Alexandra, while having no time to alter her teensy weensy bikini, did a lousy job on the fit. You know it is a bad suit when it makes a models butt look big!
    I really liked Kevin's, too. And Wendy's. And Austins, and Jays. The others, I felt, were "ho-hum."
    An additional test should have been to have the models jump in a pool. THERE would be the acid test.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I don't know whether it's just cause of the hair or what, but I kept thinking Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous every time I saw Jay's model in that suit. Between the look of the model and the look of the outfit I could just SO see Patsy wearing something like that and I was every time they showed her.
    I so agree!! Couldn't put my tounge on it and now I can!!

Austin - love ya!! For the first time, I really see you as growing as a designer. Please, please, please, stay on this track.

Robert - A girl cannot swim in that suit. Please!! And we are not cars, never have been and never will be as long as Ford has no intentions of buying out the Limited Corporation.

^^ Latas, I agree with you there. They should have made them get into a pool, as the rules were stated in the beginning of the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast