+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Models

my favorites

i tried posting pics of the models, but this site wouldn't allow me to do that.
    my favorite model is Melissa because she has all around the best package:beautiful face and figure and great runway walker as well as a professional attitude.
    I also like Olga, I think she has a really interesting face.

[QUOTE=Fanatic277] That's one of the worst pictures I've seen, she looks hideous! She isn't one of the best looking models on the show but she looks better in her profile.

QUOTE]

How could you call any of these girls hideous?? Some are more gorgeous than others, but they're all good looking!

I think we can agree unless there is a major surprise amongst the final three designers next episode (aka Cockroach Gets Raided), Jenny has a lock on Kara, and Julia probably has a lock on Jay unless they have a fight next week about why she never showed (we never saw anything about that, wonder what happened). The only question is who Austin would choose, since he's worked with both Melissa and Martinique several times.

As for the theory that Austin didn't like Richard's question about what happens if she becomes a bigger star than you do, or that he's somehow threatened by Melissa's over-the-top looks and sex appeal, oh puhlease, he clearly couldn't have given a damn whether he got on page 6 because of his own design or because Melissa gave the dude a lap dance, he wanted to get the mention on page 6, however that was accomplished. I doubt he'd care how he won this competition, either, whether because of his own designs or because his model was hot, as long as he got the brass ring.

Austin said before the party that he was glad he chose Melissa because she was really comfortable with her own body and she had the right sort of personality to "work" an industry party. He also said that "Tim basically said we had to do whatever it takes to get his attention, and he's sort of a man's man, he likes the beautiful young ladies, and so I just let her do what she does best and let nature take its course." Didn't sound very resentful or overshadowed, to me. He knew exactly what he was doing, and exactly what she was doing, and had absolutely no problem with it, if it furthered his own ends. In the first episode he said "The models sell the dress. You need a girl who is as passionate about winning as you are."

What'll be interesting is which girl he decides will best serve his own ends: Martinique or Melissa. They both are more aggressive girls, good at their jobs, and they both want to win badly. My suspicion is, barring something we all haven't seen, he'll go for Melissa. Admittedly, he picked Erin the last challenge, when he could have picked anyone (although that may have been strategy amongst the designers, leaving a strong model at the end up against Morganza so she got eliminated), but he didn't have an opportunity to select Melissa this time, she was already gone before he had a turn.

[QUOTE=valo]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    That's one of the worst pictures I've seen, she looks hideous! She isn't one of the best looking models on the show but she looks better in her profile.

QUOTE]

How could you call any of these girls hideous?? Some are more gorgeous than others, but they're all good looking!
    .... except Audrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    .... except Audrey.

well, if you say so....personally, i'm not a fan of erin, i think she's so boyish, too skinny, and not extremely beautiful...besides all that, she's not a good walker.

i actually got to go to a jessica mcclintock photo shoot last week where melissa was the model...she was really beautiful in person...i didn't get to talk to her though because she had to change in and out of dresses so fast.

I thought it was so big of melissa to defend wendy's design on the runway. it was awesome. none of the other models defended their designers so far. i really liked her mellow walk and friendly smile on this episode. she always knows how to pick the right walk and the appropriate expressions to compliment whatever design she's wearing.

sad to see olga go next week...in the previews you don't see her. she's really beautiful.

FORT Fogey

MORGANZILLA STRIKES AT BALENCIAGA S/S 2005

Gosh, her face looks scary, ANTM.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 02-03-2005 at 09:16 PM.

I believe the detail shot is scarier...

... though it's nice to see her in Balenciaga.

By the way, what happened to the original post about this that I saw last night?

FORT Fogey
    You're thinking of tfs. Say hi to Jaded for me next time you're there if you dont mind lol

I don't think I was, though I do read the fashion spot. It was here, and the poster had a model with grapes as her avatar.

Anyway... does anyone know how the last model standing will be decided once it's down to the top three?
    Last edited by Mantenna; 02-03-2005 at 09:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread