Kevin
    [IMG]images/img/kevin3.jpg[/IMG]

Wendy
    [IMG]images/img/wendy3.jpg[/IMG]

Robert
    [IMG]images/img/robert3.jpg[/IMG]

Starr
    [IMG]images/img/starr3.jpg[/IMG]

Starr had some issues with the material - her hems and seams look puffy.

I like Jay's and Austin's the best. I didn't remember it from last night, but Vanessa's is gorgeous too. I'm not sure most women would want to wear a neckline like that, but I can see it on a celeb.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Love Austin's. Don't care if it looks tea-party, it's beautiful! And I like that it's not connected and it's all open in the back. Very classy looking and the model looks like she's having so much fun wearing it. (Fabulous hair, dah'ling!)

Kara's is another favorite. The design is just wonderful, and it's a nice color, yellow. Very underrated (that color).

Vanessa's also looks very nice and chic. But urgh at the model's chest! Is that her STERNUM?!

This isn't a good photo of Jay's dress, but we all know it looked fabulous! I loved the top's pattern, very unique.

Wendy's model (Audrey) looks good in that photo! I swear, she's been looking horrid in her previous photos. Maybe because she's been wearing Starr's horrid designs... Has anyone seen Wendy's dress in stores yet?

Looking at it here, I actually like Robert's dress a little more. I don't like the straps at the top, but I think with a little more time, he could have made it work.

Starr, Starr, Starr... poor thing. I mean, her dress is a wreck. It doesn't look finished/sewn/put together properly. It looks like it's all attached with preschool glue. It's just horrible. Starr needs to quit designing, she's horrid at it. And I have a feeling she wouldn't be a great lawyer either. She seems very easy to break down.

Oh, also, what material were these made from? They look like silk!

Yes, I believe they were all silk. I know Robert's and Starr's were for sure.

My fave was definitely Kevin's from top to bottom. THis is the type of dress I would choose for a cocktail dress. Coming in at 1 1/2 was Jay. Who knew? The only thing I didn't like about his dress was the skirt's hem. The top was absolutely gorgeous.

Kara's design is good, but I'm not crazy about yellow. Maybe cuz I look like doo-doo in yellow.

Wendy's was the best she's done. I think the capelet is what blew it for me and the fact that it looked a little pedestrian. I am not a customer of the Banana, and if their choice of that dress is a reflection of their product, I now know why.

The rest were all okay. Well, except for Starr. I can't criticize, the dress speaks for itself. Robert's wasn't as bad as they made it out to be.

Interesting. I like to read "Tim's Take" on the website. He had this to say about the material:

Complicating the task was the fabric; a large amount of it was charmeuse, a seductive satin-finished silk, which is exceedingly difficult to work with, even for the most experienced designer. It slips, it slides, it bunches in all the wrong places, and it fights with the sewing machine.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

i was kind of surprised at how the judges really disliked austin's design. i thought it was lovely. he ended up being in the bottom 3 though which shoooooocks me!

this go round, my favorite dress was jay's. loved the design. next i liked kevins, then kara's, austin's, then wendy's. the rest did not look wearable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Has anyone seen Wendy's dress in stores yet?
    No but I noticed that it's on sale at the BR website.
    Seems like they made only 200 of them,
    and it's only available at retail stores in 4 cities.
    Last edited by turntotheleft; 12-16-2004 at 02:32 PM.

Austin's was my favorite, followed by Kara's. I think I would also like Kevin's but that hat is distracting. The rest I'm just "meh" about. I mean they're nice but I'm just not into it. Well except for Starr's which is really horrid.
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast