+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I'm surprised Vanessa got 2nd. I mean..ew.
    Did I miss something? lol What show were you watching frostelized? Vanessa was not even one of the 6 that they kept on the stage, so she couldn't have gotten second.
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I really wanted to adore Austin's design this week but I wasn't that into it. I loved his cornhusk dress - it was beautiful. I actually thought Wendy's design was kinda nice. I think the judge just doesn't like her. I felt Starr's and Kevin's were the worst ones. I liked Robert's the best, followed by Kara's and Alexandra's from what I remember.

Gawd, Austin looks like a Victorian woman at the runway show
    He did, didn't he? o_o
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Did I miss something? lol What show were you watching frostelized? Vanessa was not even one of the 6 that they kept on the stage, so she couldn't have gotten second.
    Then the show's WEBSITE is wrong then. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Gizmo,

I think the way they're doing it is that they are just intending to keep the best and the worst in the last 6. How the others fall is fairly random.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I got the impression that the Website was listing the silent auction results, not necessarily the way the judges had them ranked.

Mariner is right. The website lists the results from the silent auction...who got the highest bid (Kara) all the way down to who got the lowest bid (Mario). And, yes, Vanessa did get the second highest bid. The rankings at the silent auction weren't necessarily in line with the judges' opinions.

The photos/rankings are in the "Episode 2 Portfolio" thread, and if you missed the show and want to know what happened, you're always free to check out my recap.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Mariner is right. The website lists the results from the silent auction...who got the highest bid (Kara) all the way down to who got the lowest bid (Mario).
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. But now that I read of the posts, not sure if that's what Gizmo was talking about too.

But I think the judge's opinions are prob. the same as the auction.

WHOO HOO RECAP!

Mario's creation was one of the best! I'd rather see Alexandra out, no improvement since the last episode! Looks basically the same.

Ah, I didn't realize you were talking about the bidding, I was talking about how they did for the week, based on how they did with the judges. And Vanessa did not get second based on the judging, just the bidding... She wasn't in the top three for the week, or the bottom three, just somewhere in between
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Did anyone notice that right before the annoucement of who got eliminated that there is a close up shot of each candidate and they, (Daniel and Mario) both had these smirky looks on their faces of 'oh, I'm too good to be eliminated'.

I think their own arrogance did them in. BS will only get you so far. I think the judges have heard alot of it during their careers and are seeing right through it.

I think the judges were correct in their asseessment of Mario's work in that they felt he didn't try hard enough.

Wendy - I like Wendy but heh she's from Middleburg VA and that's just down the road from where I live so of course I will root for her. But,,, Big But... I am surprised that for all her confessionals where she claims all this strategizing that she revealed to the Australian lady that she feels this is her last chance at success. I don't think this is a good thing to reveal, it only shows your desperation.

Wendy needs to drop the desperation cause she just throws it off and people are picking up on the vibrations and are staying away. Notice the long shots of her in the 30 Van Dan store and noone was coming near her.

Bite the bullit and smile girl. Honey catches more customers. When I worked at Hickory Farms, my manager said when you come to work, you forget about how crappy you feel and put a big smile on your face and greet every customer and ask them to have a taste of whatever. It works people would come into the store and buy stuff. The same thing, when I worked customer service for AT&T. Every person that called in I asked if they wanted to get the ReachOut program and you would be amazed at how many peole agreed to sign up. That's how salesmanship works. You greet you customer and ask them to buy. Amazingly, many do. Wendy has to learn to put on a happy face. It's business, it's not being fake. That is how you sell your product. If you ask everyone you meet to buy your product by the end of the day you will have made you sales quota.

Having her own business I think she would have figured this out by now.

One more comment - Austin - I think he should apply for America's Top Model cause I think he would have done a better job than the final 3 girls who are in the running currently. He has great cheek bones, good skin, the height and the diva attitiude and knows clothes. He irons, I am impressed. He definitely has my vote.

+ Reply to Thread