+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Kara - The Professional

Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    I have a random question. Why does everyone call her Kara Saun and not just Kara. Everyone seems to call everyone else by their first name but only Kara they say Kara Saun. Am I only one who picked up on this?
    Kara Saun's full name is Kara Saunders. Thus, Kara Saun is a design name, which she has been smart enough to get everyone to use.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Jay is my hero
    Kinda like Charlie Brown.

No one ever called him Charlie

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I was at the Banana Repubic in Rockefeller Center today (the one underground) and I noticed what looked like a cornhusk dress in the window. On closer inspection, I realized that all of the winning outfits were displayed in the window. Unfortunately, most of the outfits were on hangers instead of mannequins, so they didn't look as impressive as they did on the show. It was pretty cool to see, Kara's 2055 outfit looked really awesome and much more detailed than it appeared to on the show.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Window link online?

*Lette - Is there a pic of the window online somewhere? Last time I was on the BR site, no mention of it. You wouldn't happen to have a digital camera or picphone would you?
    (wink, wink, nudge, nudge! - smilies don't work on my mac ;0(
    "Blame me if you must, but don't EVER speak ill of the program!"
    - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I was at the Banana Repubic in Rockefeller Center today (the one underground) and I noticed what looked like a cornhusk dress in the window. On closer inspection, I realized that all of the winning outfits were displayed in the window. Unfortunately, most of the outfits were on hangers instead of mannequins, so they didn't look as impressive as they did on the show. It was pretty cool to see, Kara's 2055 outfit looked really awesome and much more detailed than it appeared to on the show.
    I can only imagine what a fragile state Austin's corn husk dress is in. I was amazed when the Bravo folks said they were auctioning ALL of the designs, including Austin's cornhusk ensemble. It must be very fragile, and I doubt it smells very well, much less will ship well.

Excuse me for adding my two cents, but what is up with all the Kara bashing?

In my opinion, Kara came to the finals to focus, she didn't need any of Wendy's mind games, and so when she finally had enough she spoke out, and she is bashed for it. I say Wendy deserved it because she was egging her on to start something. I say Kara showed a lot of restraint, because anyone else would have slapped Wendy. Something she deserves.

Believe me it doesn't pay to be nice in this world, people see it as a weakness.

Re: Kara - The Professional

I know it's a bit late but after watching the marathon this season I couldn't have been anymore fed up with Kara's behavior. She just seemed to put herself up on this pedestal and seemed so full of herself. No doubt she is talented but I think she came off looking much worse everytime she spoke to Wendy. Wendy would always come at her with logical arguments and she'd respond with ridiculous tantrums. Wendy was a person, not some hate mongering robot and once Kara labeled her as less of a person than herself she automatically became a hypocrite.

I agree, I didnt like her attitude about the shoes for the finale. I loved her throughout the show but during the finale she lost me. Im glad Jay won.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;1287357;
    Kara Saun's full name is Kara Saunders. Thus, Kara Saun is a design name, which she has been smart enough to get everyone to use.
    In addition, there was another Kara in PR1, so it was also done to distinguish the two from one another.

Kinda like Sara N (Sair-uh) and Sara M (Sah-ruh) on TC3.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just saw the last 5 episodes. I have to say, I liked Kara up to the final episode. Unfortunately, she completely lost me with her sense of entitlement and her obvious attempt to skirt the rules. I thought she had the moral high ground when battling with Wendy, but then she proved she was no better.

She probably should have won, but she threw herself under the bus with that last stunt.

(I love the fact that the judges didn't even mention Wendy during their deliberations. )
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011