+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vanessa - The Brit

I cant believe she shot herself in the foot with the "I should go because I can't sew" confession. Which she regretted the second it left her mouth.
    She was not my favorite but I think others should have gone before her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm so disappointed Vanessa's gone. I can see why they eliminated her, but I'll still miss her on the show.

You wouldn't do that in a job interview. Self-deprecation can break the ice if it's over something trivial, but not when it pertains to a vital skill needed to do the job.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

What?!!! I go away on vacation and they get rid of one of my favorite designers? And before Wendy?!!!

Farewell, Vanessa. With her talent, I'm sure she'll make it on her own, anyway.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    What?!!! I go away on vacation and they get rid of one of my favorite designers? And before Wendy?!!!

Farewell, Vanessa. With her talent, I'm sure she'll make it on her own, anyway.
    I totally didn't want to see her leave either! She was in my top 3

Welcome back Snowy Angel!

I'm a bit put off they let her go. Really, I think Nora should have gotten the boot before Vanessa. Vanessa's designs have beaten Nora's, I believe.

Thanks for the welcome, Frosty Angel, I'm glad to be back...even if it is only to discover one of my fave designers is gone.

Well at least Austin is still there. But it does make me worry more about the rest of the series you know?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Vanessa Riley Bears All

Vanessa did this little interview here and it's quite a hoot. She trashes Wendy for being Wendy, Heidi for being stiff, and the other designers as untalented, unexperienced retches. But she says everyone loves her. Probably not after reading this honey.

Vanessa Riley Interview
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    She's a MONSTER RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

I read the article the other day, and it really was crazy. I love Vanessa, though. She's just being honest. She is bitter, but she's just saying the kinds of things that you know other people are thinking. Things about Heidi or Wendy, or some of the other designers. She's just a lot more open about it. I still lvoe her!

FORT Fan
    I agree with colby_d's assessment of Vanessa's comments in the interview. BTW I also agree with those who didn't find the interview all that controversial. Vanessa spoke her mind. So what?

Just a couple more observations, though. Heidi Klum was there, presumably, to host the show. I don't think Vanessa should've assumed that Heidi would provide any type of support or feedback unless the cameras were rolling.

Vanessa has learned the hard way not to count on publicity to add a tremendous jump-start to a business that already is fairly successful. I run a business in a large city. I've been around long enough to have developed quite a good professional reputation. Every once in a while the local media does a story on my business. Y'know what? It hasn't gotten me diddly squat in new clients! My advice would be for Vanessa to donate her excess inventory to high-end charity auctions in the Houston area. Her designs will be seen by her target audience; the donation will be seen as a good-will gesture. Win-win.

Houston? Really, Vanessa! What kind of research did you do before settling there? You're learning after the fact that you need to be in New York or San Francisco or LA or Miami or even Chicago. Houston is not known as a mecca for fashion design. The faster you relocate, the more successful you will be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast