+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy Pepper

Producers create these hateable characters precisely for us viewers to indulge all of our inner-snark. Wendy is eminently hateable to many of us here, so I think our "fury" is well housed here. Hitler, by a happy twist of fate that I hope is pleasing to us all, has nothing at all to do with it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Why do we have to "chill out"?
    [I edited my "chill out" comment while you were posting this. ]

I guess the fun for me is to take this show for what it is--fluffy entertainment. Talking about Wendy like she is the Osma Bin Laden of reality shows just seems over-the-top, out of keeping with the trivial nature of the program. The view of all of these contestants is so incredibly one-dimensional on the show--highly contrived through editing--and people are usually one-dimensional on their Web sites too. I feel I know Wendy from this show no more than I know the real Kara Saun or Austen.

To rail at Wendy is like screaming at Susan Lucci on the street cuz you don't like her evil character on the soap opera.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 02-14-2005 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Talking about Wendy like she is the Osma Bin Laden of reality shows just seems over-the-top
    Nah. . .seems right to me.

I'm sure we all know about the editing, and producer spin, but we also know that they can only spin what's given to them. The portrayals of all are probably extreme to make them into characters. But some of the things Wendy has said and done are crap awful, so yeah. I feel safe in thinking she has a bit of that about her. That added to her subpar creations, her acknowledgement of her subpar talent, and her single-minded desire to beat everybody when she knows she doesn't deserve to win make her worthy of my fury. I don't know her from Adam, and yet I remain furious.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    Nah. . .seems right to me.

I'm sure we all know about the editing, and producer spin, but we also know that they can only spin what's given to them. The portrayals of all are probably extreme to make them into characters. But some of the things Wendy has said and done are crap awful, so yeah. I feel safe in thinking she has a bit of that about her. That added to her subpar creations, her acknowledgement of her subpar talent, and her single-minded desire to beat everybody when she knows she doesn't deserve to win make her worthy of my fury. I don't know her from Adam, and yet I remain furious.
    Nail on head. I'm nodding my head while sitting on the porch below your window, MS!
    "Blame me if you must, but don't EVER speak ill of the program!"
    - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    To rail at Wendy is like screaming at Susan Lucci on the street cuz you don't like her evil character on the soap opera.
    I would scream at Susan Lucci just cuz I don't like her.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Uh-oh...

Wendy's not gonna be happy when she sees Nancy O'Dell's 'alteration' of her design...
    Or did she tweak it for her? Hmmmm....
    As most of us lamented, the feathers flew the coop, replaced by a lame-o orange mini with some non descript design.
    Sigh...
    - Homer Simpson

Modernaire, I can't sigh about the feathers flying -- I really hate feathered things. But the skirt that Nancy ended up wearing was blah to the extreme! Very lame. The "tweaked" dress certainly didn't turn out to be very overwhelming.

Oh, no - I'm not sighing about the feathers being gone, it's the fact that the 'winning' design was not on O'Dell. The fact that there was an 'out' allowing the outfit to be 'tweaked' was beyond unfair.
    - Homer Simpson

I thought Wendy's design was cute but not appropriate for O'Dell's figure.

I'm just so amazed at how well all of the contestants, including Wendy, have done with their designs on such an unbelievably tight time schedules. I appreciate how hard Wendy has worked to follow the concepts for each outfit. I looked at her Web site. Looks like her husband is in the creative end too--a maker of fine furniture. He must be proud of Wendy's accomplishments on this show, just as the families of the other designers must be beaming.

ooooooh. gotcha. yeah. it does suck that the "winning" dress didn't have to be worn. that was sloppy planning on the part of the producers and dumb luck for Wendy. if the judges had evaluated on the basis of all the past competitions, Wendy would definitely have bit the dust this week, and I would've been pleased.

+ Reply to Thread