+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

PR All-Stars 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Sip Into Something Sexier" - Cocktail dresses will materialize via mixology. Who will get the drunkest???
    Enjoy the show!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-07-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Re: PR All-Stars 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ugh, Jeffery and his excuses. I don't think he's going to talk them into liking it this week.

It isn't on here yet, but I will bet that Jeffery escapes yet again because he makes good TV? Gotta have those people who you think "anytime now, they will kick him out."
    Babbred likes this.

I would have been happy to see both Jeffrey and Melissa go. The rest is a pretty even playing field.

I am surprised that Chris didn't win over Victor...just my opinion..although the top of Victor's dress fit that model like a dream.
    Florimel and justCoz like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just a few points on the top and bottom looks, as the middle three were nice but I can see why safe (though Irina HAD to be the just above bottom look - I will say she can design but that was horrid for her )

Victor - Well, that bottom was a little too risque, but the design on the top was absolutely gorgeous. I do think it showed that she was quite flat, which I felt bad for the model a bit. Still, it was a nice use of the print and he earned that win.

Christopher - I admit that dress was a bit flapper, but a. it fit the model quite well, b. I loved the CORRECT use of the rhinestones on the back (added movement) and c. I wouldn't have guessed that was drapery/upholstery. I do think he needs to be careful on these types of dresses, but he did earn the kudos for it. I wish he had tried a slightly rosier color if possible.

Elena - That was very nice and I wouldn't have thought that was a one day challenge. It shows a maturity in her design work (she's better than her first season here). All this said - Elena, back up the design with the confidence and you'll do even better. Stop talking yourself down, you're going to hurt your chances at the top prize.

Korto - I think had she found a way to add side panels to that dress instead of the straps, I think it'd been her safe and Irina in the bottom three. I actually liked this dress except she did create a situation where a thin model can look like she is chubby (backfat) in that design. The belt DID help the dress by giving it a waste, but she should've found a way to add to the sides panels. It would've been better.

Melissa - Honestly, even with the repeat of design from previous seasons, I found this dress better made than Jeffrey's. I think if she used a truer watermelon color or added panels or something on the front to nip and tuck and maybe not done the angular shoulder she'd pulled it off. I think in the end it was the shoulder area and the fact she was in the bottom three twice before that made her the eliminated contestant.

Jeffery - Seriously, that dress had NO relation or inspiration from the dress he gleaned it from. It looked like a loose and badly printed version of the little black dress that Audrey Hepburn wore in "Breakfast at Tiffany's." The collar looked horrid (I agreed with the dog collar comment made by SA I think), and it looked cheap. He should've been eliminated when adding previous work, but instead he's safe probably because of drama and Melissa's two previous bottom three appearances.

Was however glad that Alyssa is not scared to tell someone "stop making excuses and start making results" or something to that effect.

My big pet peeve though is how they're handling the teasers for next week by having that rude lady from "Million Dollar Shoppers" rudely interrupt the teasers for her show. I'd like to have know what was going on next week, so now I have to look online. Bad form Lifetime.
    Kip, Duckyface and Babbred like this.

As much as I disliked Melissa's I thought Jeffery's was worse, and yet another week they keep him in. I think there's two things at play here A. He brings drama and B. He makes the judges just a little afraid that maybe they don't "get it" and he's right and his design is fantastic (one of those art things that I hate, the you don't get it, because art is subjective and you are allowed to hate something even if everyone else likes it, or love it even though everyone hates it)

I also hate when people turn on the excuses, but most especially when it's about how much money they had, or time, or their dress form...because guess what, everyone else had to deal with the same things you did and some of them made fabulous dresses, so please can it!!

and ITA Jade about the previews. This is the second week that we've missed them because of the stuff for the million dollar shopper show and I find it very annoying!

FORT Fogey

Korto- I loved her fabric though it did not read cocktail dress. And the straps on the side were not good.

Elena- Clearly well made and required skill but I didn't like it; it was too stiff.

Victor- Stunning and the clear winner. I am not sure Alyssa can pull that off. The model was rail thin and that was required.

Melissa- That was stiff, poorly made and just bad.

Jeff- When it first came onto the runway I loved it. On closer look, I didn't like the collar. It looked loose and comfortable which would be nice at a party.

Christopher- I didn't like this at all!

If Heidi, Zak, Nina and Tim did this show I would like it better. It always seems to be a kiss off show only existing to bring in revenue and not that important to the franchaise. I do not like Issac much.
    Duckyface likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so happy that Melissa is gone! She's done that exact same dress so many times and I never have been a fan of it. Personally, I wouldn't have chosen her to be on all-stars because I never have cared for her style.

I don't know if Jeffrey's fashions have improved but I must say his attitude has had a major adjustment. I hated him on the season he won Project Runway but he's much more likeable and down-to-earth now.

I can't believe none of the judges or contestants commneted on how much Elena's dress this week resembled the one she did last week. It was like the same profile, just colored differently. I can't wait for her to leave. She's another designer I would never have brought back for all-stars. She and her style are a mess.

I'm also surprised Viktor won over Christopher, especially with the judges comments about the bottom of Viktor's dress. I would have chosen Christopher for the win, although I wish he had doubled up the liner fabric. He tried it in the workroom and didn't like it but if I was wearing that dress, I wouldn't want it to be too sheer.

BTW, I would have chosen the Tiger Eye drink based on the name but when I heard what was in it, I was like yuck, I don't think I'd like that at all!
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-08-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

FORT Fogey

I have always liked Jeffery. I didn't mind his edges; I appreciated his skill. He isn't doing well this season but I am glad he is still there. I am waiting for him to recover and make winning garments. I like Korto and Victor, too.
    Lizard likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week’s episode:

Christopher

Elena

Irina

Jeffrey

Korto

Melissa

Mychael

Seth Aaron

Viktor
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast