+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

People are comparing Ken's actions to Chima from BB and Sandro and asking why Ken was not immediately ejected, as they were. I think that there is one major difference: both Chima and Sandro deliberately damaged equipment. Chima threw her microphone into the water and Sandro kicked things aside as he left and then struck down a camera. Those actions demanded expulsion on the spot.

Ken certainly has some huge anger issues to work through. Remember how he glared at Heidi a few weeks ago during her critique? She actually called him out on it. And as for getting his own room...OMG! He needed to go and I'm happy to be rid of him and his attitude, but his actions were verbal only and I think there in lies the difference.
    beerbelly, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Mila brought up an interesting point in her blog at the Project Runway website. Since Ken was eliminated instead of getting kicked out or quitting, he had to be sequestered with the other out designers. Hopefully, he'll still have his own room or I feel sorry for those people! Hurricane Ken is coming their way!
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    People are comparing Ken's actions to Chima from BB and Sandro and asking why Ken was not immediately ejected, as they were. I think that there is one major difference: both Chima and Sandro deliberately damaged equipment. Chima threw her microphone into the water and Sandro kicked things aside as he left and then struck down a camera. Those actions demanded expulsion on the spot.

Ken certainly has some huge anger issues to work through. Remember how he glared at Heidi a few weeks ago during her critique? She actually called him out on it. And as for getting his own room...OMG! He needed to go and I'm happy to be rid of him and his attitude, but his actions were verbal only and I think there in lies the difference.
    Actually, the similarity I mentioned is that all three of them disobeyed the production and refused to do what they said. Chima refused to go to the diary room before she threw in her microphone, Sandro was told to come back, and then he hit the camera. Ken has already had a chat with Tim, and then disobeyed and essentially threatened the talent manager in production.

Let's put it another way - if we sassed our bosses (and production IS a boss) even once, we'd be fired. He was a contestant and hired to be a part of the show. If we treated our fellow co-workers the way he did once, we would be reprimanded most likely first, then fired.

So, going by that, that's why I think Ken should've been ejected - he had already been warned for his temper before and treatment of other designers. IMHO he was like Sandro in that he was in a way a potential safety issue for the contestants too and his treatment of Helen and Alexander showed that.

That said, I think they were going to ensure he was going this round unless Alexander had his model completely naked or the outfit was nothing more than pieces of cloth draped on her a la Ping a few years ago.

Interesting that 2 of the top 3 were the "skinny" girls. Even just for being the only one in the top three who had to push out of his comfort zone I think Justin should have won.

Looking at how they distributed the models, and they weren't picked randomly, I think they wanted Helen to win. They gave her a model shaped girl, the shape they are most used to working with, who was ready to make the biggest change to her appearance. Easy to design for, wanted red carpet, wanted huge hair make over, young, tall, thin...just maybe they wanted to give Helen the edge.

Brandon also had a size 2 body on a young gal to work with, which is what he designs for all the time, and his was nice, but I didn't think it was particular.

Justin should have won this week for being the only one in the top who had to work with a non "model" body and did a fabulous job. Factoring in that this is not the body type he is used to designing for, making the challenge more difficult than for the other two designers, in the end he listened to what she wanted, even thought about foundation garments and sewed them, and gave her a figure flattering and unique/interesting dress that was one of a kind just for her. Considering he had a greater challenge I think he should have won, but I think they were obviously setting Helen up for it.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 09-21-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    Kip, Florimel, mandmmom2 and 1 others like this.

This is my first season watching. Does Ken all ready have a job designing for someone? If not I am sure he will have a difficult time in finding one.
    There's no place like home!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    This is my first season watching. Does Ken all ready have a job designing for someone? If not I am sure he will have a difficult time in finding one.
    Yesterday, while browsing his Twitter, he mentioned that he wouldn't be tweeting during the show because he was on the set of a video shoot styling his model. "Styling" - at least in my mind - isn't the same as being a designer. Helping someone GET dressed is different that actually MAKING the dress they're wearing.

Of course, having THAT job (if it really existed) on THAT night could be due to it being previously scheduled. Now that we've seen the worst of him - and this, to me, trumps the previous two episodes - I doubt he'll book many FUTURE jobs.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Cubsfan: I'm curious. If you didn't like Helen's outfit, which designers do you think should have been in the top three and who should have won?
    Sorry, pikachu! I just saw this late last night and then didn't get back online until now.

I liked Helen's dress fine. In fact, based on the runway, I agree with all those selected to be in the Top 3. I thought Bradon's dress was the prettiest, but c'mon. His model allowed a drastic change in her hairstyle, but she was SO flippin' gorgeous, she was going to be able to work any number he put on her.
    And like someone else said, Helen's model, while going through a GINORMOUS transformation, was a tall, size 2 twig in her own right, so she was able to pull off that bare-shoulder, drapey, black curtain dress like a statuesque model, too.
    But it was Justin's super fan who didn't do the huge transformation. In fact, she set such specific limitations on him, including skin (not) showing because of religious beliefs, that it almost didn't seem fair. And yet he pulled it off graciously. He embraced her AND the challenge like no other. His gal looked positively gleeful while sashaying down the runway! Plus, the idea of her signature down the front was brilliant and made her dress one-of-a-kind.

So, all that to say, I thought Justin should have won. (Please pay no attention that I have him as my Master Designer in the pool.)

For the record, I didn't think Ken's was the worst. Not even close. It wasn't great, but boy oh boy, his super fan was thrilled. And despite his feelings about "real women," (there's always one every single season), he was nothing but nice toward her. Unlike some we've seen in the past, he never joked or said anything cruel to/about her, not even behind her back.

To me, Alex and Alexandria's garments were definitely Bottom 3 worthy. But it was Dom's dress that made me gasp -- and not in a good way. It was hideous. I like Dom a lot, and I usually like what she turns out, but this week it amazed me she was labeled "Safe." I couldn't believe it. Especially when Tim told her specifically the patter she chose was disconcerting.
    Kip and Babbred like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Yesterday, while browsing his Twitter, he mentioned that he wouldn't be tweeting during the show because he was on the set of a video shoot styling his model. "Styling" - at least in my mind - isn't the same as being a designer. Helping someone GET dressed is different that actually MAKING the dress they're wearing.

Of course, having THAT job (if it really existed) on THAT night could be due to it being previously scheduled. Now that we've seen the worst of him - and this, to me, trumps the previous two episodes - I doubt he'll book many FUTURE jobs.
    Stylists for videos and movies are real... But they are NOT the same. Stylist usually means as mentioned creating a look based on what it is about. It is essentially what the makeup and hairstylists do but with pre-made clothes.

That said it's likely he skill even have trouble getting a job even in that area because off that temper. He well blame the show but as I've said before no one is putting a knife to your throat to sign on to bee on the show and after 12 or so seasons you should know pressure and consolidation of rooms are NORMAL.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    . . . . . and after 12 or so seasons you should know pressure and consolidation of rooms are NORMAL.
    There was a season where a designer just couldn't believe they really only had one day to make their garment. It was either Tim or one of the judges who asked "have you ever watched the show?"

That shouldn't be just a general rhetorical-type question. I think we, as viewers, would be better off if watching every previous season was a REQUIREMENT!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    There was a season where a designer just couldn't believe they really only had one day to make their garment. It was either Tim or one of the judges who asked "have you ever watched the show?"

That shouldn't be just a general rhetorical-type question. I think we, as viewers, would be better off if watching every previous season was a REQUIREMENT!
    I agree, I mean it's just common sense... besides why would you risk looking like a fool on TV?

then again, this is Ken we're talking about, and he pretty much as her to chances for future jobs to begin with. you better hope to the people don't really follow his f
    Twitter too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast