+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I had to post this, from Althea Harper's blog. She had a really funny line in her depiction of the drama of last night's show.

As the designers drag their carcasses back to their apartments tired and beat Alexander, and Bradon are told to pack up and move in with Ken and Justin since Jeremy is gone. Ken, who's been homeless, gets real territorial, as any good passive aggressive, borderline crazy, self important, egocentric, bully would be.

Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If they had kicked Ken out before finishing last night's show, what would have happened to his "superfan" This could be the reason he was allowed to stay.
    Bingo! I had not thought of this. Of course.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I was not at all surprised when Ken made the comment about "Tim is talking but all I hear is blah, blah, blah . . . . . ". .....
    Aaaghh!! I can't believe I'm about to defend Ken, but all I took from that was that Ken was so petrified of having to design for a "real" woman, that he couldn't process what was being said.

I liked Braden's (sp?) dress better than Helen's, and it was more original. Although her dress looked pretty good on the fan, the fan was tall and thin as a rail, so she got the easiest task as far as I'm concerned. It was a dress like any other evening dress, and I didn't see anything fantastic about it. I don't like the gatherings and uneven hems either, and I didn't like the bundle of fabric on the back of the dress. No other fan was thin enough to wear that. On the other hand, Braden's dress was more original and really looked nice on his model. I did not like her haircut, however. It seemed to age her a bit. I think leather would have worked as well as the shiny stuff for the trimmings on the dress, but I liked it the way it was.

They seem to be setting Helen up to win. I don't understand her winning three challenges in a row. I didn't think anything she did was all that great I am also surprised nobody said anything about the lack of originality in making an evening gown for a tall, thin woman. That gown could also be worn by any of the models, and I thought the challenge was about making something that was more for basic, everyday wear and for a woman without a model's stick thin figure. Maybe i'm wrong about that though, they didn't really specify that. As far as her work goes, I probably liked this gown more than those other two garments she won with. But i did not think any of them deserved a win.

Thank God Ken was sent home finally! I can't believe the crap he got away with. I'd be afraid of him if I were any of the contestants or judges, lol. He'd stalk you and knife you in the back!

A couple of those outfits were really quite horrible and didn't flatter the fans at all. I like Kate's stuff mostly, but I didn't like her outfit on that particular woman. Maybe on a model, lol. That might look good.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Aaaghh!! I can't believe I'm about to defend Ken, but all I took from that was that Ken was so petrified of having to design for a "real" woman, that he couldn't process what was being said.

While that may just by a slim margin be possible, it was the way he said it. He has this tone that's just full of attitude for anything he considers to be beneath him.

Maybe the following will change your mind. I do NOT follow him on Twitter but I was curious to see his feed as so many on FB were talking about his remarks regarding last nights episode. He claims to have asked to quit twice but says he was talked into staying. This is taken directly from his Twitter page:

OMG, if u all really knew how much I wanted 2 go home! LOL I would hve never thrown the challenge w/ tht awful ugly dress if I wanted 2 stay

So now we are to believe that it was intentionally garish?

NOT . . . . BUYING . . . . IT!
    Photobabe likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

He didn't throw the challenge or lied about his opinion of the outfit - he actually liked the design.

If he wanted to diminish the waist, he did a bad job of it. You should do color blocking (like Mila did but a little bit different) and it'd been better. Otherwise you create the illusion of a person having a say one B cup and one C cup. Though that IS possible in real life (let alone those with a single mastectomy) you work to make that NOT appear that way.

If I was going to a "designer" for a new outfit, I would hope the designer would tell me about colors and what would look good on me. That is what I am paying for. At least discuss it with me, then if I said I was adamant then it would be my problem.
    There's no place like home!

UGH, I actually dislike Ken even MORE after reading that he is claiming to have intentionally thrown the challenge!!!

I clearly don't like Ken, but I will say that I was worried that he was going to be rude to his super fan after his initial reaction to the challenge. I was actually pleasantly surprised that he wasn't outright rude to her, but I don't think he handled the fabric issue appropriately. Mood is a HUGE store with a TON of options!! These super fans have watched a lot of this show, so I think his fan would have understood if he had just stopped to explain why that particular fabric was a problem (texture, pattern, color unflattering to her skin, etc.)

I don't agree with Helen's win either. I think she was the "easy" one to declare the winner because her super fan was super skinny and easily had the most dramatic makeover. She did look great, but a lot of that was the work of the hairstylists and makeup artists and had nothing to do with Helen's design. Her dress was pretty and well made and looked good on her fan, but I didn't think it was anything new or innovative. I thought Kate's design was more interesting than Helen's, but her model wasn't a size 2! I actually would have liked to see Justin win this week. His dress wasn't flashy, but it met his fan's requirements and was well made and looked nice on her. The added touch of the signature was interesting, and something we certainly haven't seen executed in this manner before.

At this point the three I would like to see at the end are: Braden, Kate, and Dom
    I'm not a big fan of Kate, but I begrudgingly admit she's doing quite well this season.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion
    Tim Gunn is so fatherly. <3 He'd make a good dad. Like how he's calming Ken down and trying to resolve the situation.

I doubt he's acting up to the cameras. I believe he is completely genuine. Tim Gunn is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    UGH, I actually dislike Ken even MORE after reading that he is claiming to have intentionally thrown the challenge!!!

I clearly don't like Ken, but I will say that I was worried that he was going to be rude to his super fan after his initial reaction to the challenge. I was actually pleasantly surprised that he wasn't outright rude to her, but I don't think he handled the fabric issue appropriately. Mood is a HUGE store with a TON of options!! These super fans have watched a lot of this show, so I think his fan would have understood if he had just stopped to explain why that particular fabric was a problem (texture, pattern, color unflattering to her skin, etc.)

I don't agree with Helen's win either. I think she was the "easy" one to declare the winner because her super fan was super skinny and easily had the most dramatic makeover. She did look great, but a lot of that was the work of the hairstylists and makeup artists and had nothing to do with Helen's design. Her dress was pretty and well made and looked good on her fan, but I didn't think it was anything new or innovative. I thought Kate's design was more interesting than Helen's, but her model wasn't a size 2! I actually would have liked to see Justin win this week. His dress wasn't flashy, but it met his fan's requirements and was well made and looked nice on her. The added touch of the signature was interesting, and something we certainly haven't seen executed in this manner before.

At this point the three I would like to see at the end are: Braden, Kate, and Dom
    I'm not a big fan of Kate, but I begrudgingly admit she's doing quite well this season.
    I'm still bitter against Kate for taking Valerie's spot.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-20-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fan

I was pleasantly surprised how well the designers listened to their super fans. They seemed to really appreciate how much the super fans enjoyed the show. I feel like Justin had the most restraints placed on him, but rose to the challenge and delivered a beautiful dress which his client seemed to like. I would really like to see Justin in the final three. He is the epitome of class, no wonder Tim Gunn used the save on him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast