+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I didn't like Jeremy's "outfit." It looked circ 1955. "Outfits" disappeared in the 60s. I can see a woman in her 70s wear it but not someone young. Who wears a dress with a matching jacket?! He made the same mistake earlier with the orange lace jacket. I was not surprised to see him go. I forgot what he did with it for his second chance.
    I've seen a few folks in their 40s-50s wear something like Jeremy made for weddings and brunches recently actually (and I live in the rural south). Belk even has a couple of outfits that are similar.

The reasons Jeremy was eliminated were 1. The judges think that fresh means something that size 0-2 women under 30 would wear and 2. he was kind/polite to the designers and didn't bring the drama.

Of note, Jeremy was in the bottom three two-three times, but NEVER bottom two until the last ep. Ken was in bottom two at least twice. I think the designer's reactions to him being eliminated over Ken also spoke volumes to what was going on.

On a different point - I didn't see Tim talking to Ken in this go, but I wouldn't be surprised. Personally, I think that it should be if there is a fight like that and what it entailed, he should be eliminated. I doubt it'll happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I still think Helen's really hot, but that doesn't influence my decision on wanting her to win.
    hahahahaha.....JohnnyK.....I'm sure you're totally unbiased here.

As usual this season, I forgot to talk about the fashions.

I cringed when they announced this challenge. I just knew the designers would screw it up, and sure enough, they did. People have commented on Ken's hypocrisy. What I found appalling was his arrogance. "I know what a real Southern woman would wear since I'm from Atlanta." Well, honey, I'm a born and bred Dallas girl, and let me tell you. No decent woman would be seen in that "hoochie mama" dress you created the second time around. Not unless she wanted to earn some raised eyebrows and a few pointed comparisons to the Kardashians. The fact that the judges loved it just showed they were as ignorant as the designers.

And the fabric. Thick and heavy? Hello! One of my favorite memories was a few years ago when we sat out in my aunt's backyard for Thanksgiving. The end of flippin' November, and we're outside enjoying gorgeous 80+ degree weather! My English husband was so amazed he took pictures, because he thought his family in England would never believe him. The only time it gets cold enough here to wear thick fabric is deep winter--which lasts for about a month. So that was an extrememly impractical choice of fabric for a Southern gown. Again, the fact that the judges dismissed it just showed how clueless they were.

And yeah, the reactions of the designers when they found out Ken was still here and Jeremy was gone said a lot, didn't it? Around here, Jeremy would be considered an honorary Southern gentleman. He was a real class act. In a way, I'm kind of glad he's gone. It was nice for him to get the exposure, but I'm glad he doesn't have to be part of this trash heap of a show anymore. TPTB have pretty much made it clear that PR is just another reality show this season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they STILL found an excuse to keep Ken around next week. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they let him scrape his way into the final just to drive the other final two nuts. Nothing would surprise me on this show anymore.
    Florimel, Dragonlady and mandmmom2 like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

What! Ken is still there?

Gotta say this . . .

When I heard Ken cut loose with:

"I know what a real Southern woman would wear since I'm from Atlanta."

I snorted and rolled my eyes, since I'M from Atlanta, too.

Then, when he wound up in the bottom and had to redo his outfit, I nearly busted a gut laughing.

It's MORE than painfully obvious he's being kept around because he's a vintage Reality TV Drama Mama.

And THAT, I believe, is a damned shame.

And even more than that, his continuing to be kept around is an insult to the other designers, and us, the viewers, too.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    It's MORE than painfully obvious he's being kept around because he's a vintage Reality TV Drama Mama.

And THAT, I believe, is a damned shame.

And even more than that, his continuing to be kept around is an insult to the other designers, and us, the viewers, too.

DITTO to all of that!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

TPTB on most networks are ruining so many good reality shows by making them non-reality.
    Project Runway is going the same way as Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef and many more.
    Used to LOVE Project Runway.
    Florimel likes this.

I almost feel bad that I am looking forward to the trainwreck that I anticipate seeing this evening... I am only looking forward to it because Ken has been so hateful that I want him to finally get his comeuppance! Hopefully it will come about in a way that will get him some help to manage his anger!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234