+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I, too, liked Justin's dress the best. I wouldn't wear Alexiandria's, but I thought it was a good match with those shoes. Ithought Helen's looked like a shroud. I thought Miranda's was far from the worst; really liked those pants, but thought her top needed a good deal of improvement. I don't even want to look at Ken's work (the little twerp); he needs to just disappear.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm more of a book lover than shoes. I have 5 bookcases filled to capacity with books and I'm still always looking to add to my collection. If books were a fashion accessory, I probably would wear them!
    pikachu, I'm with you :-) I have three pairs of shoes (including a pair of sneakers and a pair of Crocs ;-)) and a pair of rubber boots for winter. But books? I've got two five-shelf bookcases in my office, three three-shelf bookcases in the living room, one four-shelf bookcase in my bedroom (that's five feet wide), and two smaller bookcases in the spare room. And multiple boxes of books throughout the house. (My goal is to someday find them all and unpack them, but my husband has piled stuff on top of the ones in the basement, so I can't get to them.)

I'm not much better with clothes, given that I live in T-shirts, shorts, and sweatpants. I do have a couple of nice tops, a black jacket, and a pair of black pants for when I present :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    pikachu, I'm with you :-) I have three pairs of shoes (including a pair of sneakers and a pair of Crocs ;-)) and a pair of rubber boots for winter. But books? I've got two five-shelf bookcases in my office, three three-shelf bookcases in the living room, one four-shelf bookcase in my bedroom (that's five feet wide), and two smaller bookcases in the spare room. And multiple boxes of books throughout the house. (My goal is to someday find them all and unpack them, but my husband has piled stuff on top of the ones in the basement, so I can't get to them.)

I'm not much better with clothes, given that I live in T-shirts, shorts, and sweatpants. I do have a couple of nice tops, a black jacket, and a pair of black pants for when I present :-)

I'm with you, too! When I was younger I went through a fashionista phase and collected several pairs of dressy shoes. I rarely wear them, now, though, because I'm a casual person most of the time. I just got my latest pair of tennis shoes a few months ago and I've already worn them out.

Books, though, are like creeping vines in our house. Every time you turn around, there's another case to hold them. My poor husband has gotten used to shoving my books aside when he sits at the dining table or on the sofa.

Not much to say about this week's fashions. I pretty much agree with the critiques here. Helen definitely should not have won. That was just a piece of black cloth. Reminds me of the whole "sackcloth and ashes" thing for mourning. I did like what somebody said here, about the Victorian/gothic vibe. As the judges would say, though, "If you have to explain the idea, then it's not a good dress."

Speaking of black dresses, I croaked when those two contestants didn't get the reference to Little Black Dress. Seriously? I am by no means a fashion expert (see above) but even I know that Coco Chanel, the Godmother of Fashion, created that.

Ken's attitude bugged the heck out of me. His inverted snobbiness during that quiz just grated. "Look at all these educated fools. Don't even know their own industry. While I, the uneducated hick, got mine right." I swear if he makes the final I will boo.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Who is John Galt?

Ken has made me dislike this whole season. I just can't get into it. Think I'm done.

I fast forward through all the talking and just look at the runway part and who won or lost.
    Florimel likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Helen again makes me regret taking her off my team.

FORT Fogey

I loved Helen's dress and cape! I liked Alexanders plaid pants and top, too. Brandon totally lost it today. Flat shoes with anything other than pants, for this show, makes no sense. He lost the plot.

I thought all the models that wore flats walked really strangely like they didn't know how to walk in flats.

While I like Dom her dress didn't seem to sit on her model well and it made her waist look very thick.

I didn't see Christmas when I saw Miranda's outfit. I did think her pants looked better and fit her model better than Alexanders. She need to do something more with her top. I know she has a quirky esthetic but I guess I haven't really seen it.

Alexander probably should have gone instead of Miranda by now he should know the measurements of his model and not sew the pant legs too small and have cut the seams open and then sew her into the pants what if she needed to go to the bathroom?

Alexandria - I think I am starting to get what the judges are looking for, as and individual piece her little dress is not much but the overall look with the gladiator sandals looks great. I have to admit I do think almost all her stuff looks sloppy and ill fitting. Hate her hair too it is also very sloppy looking.

Brandon - I may be in the minority here but I liked his outfit. Maybe it didn't belong in this competition and considering what I said about Alexandria's outfit and why the judges liked it I could see that if he had a simple gold or white top it overall would have suited the accessory better.

Helen - overall her dress suited the shoes, on my TV it looked like one big black blob.

Jeremy - I was surprised the judges hated it.

Justin - knocked it out of the ballpark.

Karen - what is she doing here? Hate her hair. If you are going to do such a bright red keep it styled probably. The dress looked nice the jacket looked a mess poorly fitted from the front and back.

Kate - OK

Ken - hate to say it but OK, did think it was a bit short.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I watched last night with my neighbor. She's originally from Ohio and I'm originally from Pennsylvania. I tell you that because it shows we have the knowledge to back up our opinion of Helen's dress. Had it not been sewn by "the English", the cape would have been a welcome addition to any Amish woman's wardrobe. In a word: BORING.

Favorite of the night was Justin's. Yes, it was simple, but it was well made and had the "oooohhhh" factor in that tiny little jacket.

Worst of the night for me was not the "Christmas" pants, but that creation Dom made. I'd have expect to see it being worn by someone guest starring on Sesame Street or Yo Gabba Gabba.
    Yes, Yes and Yes to the bolded. I was trying to figure out what it made me think of and this is it exactly.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand the thing about women and shoes. I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't care about shoes. I find it rather annoying when people say that all women just love shoes. I like shoes ok and they protect my feet but I don't squeal over cute shoes or have a closet full of shoes in every type and color. Blah! Actually, I'm not real big on accessories of any kind.
    I'm with you, pikachu. In fact, shopping, period, gives me the hives. I guess I'm not a typical woman.

That said, last week's judge looovvvvvvves her some shoes! Take a look at this from Kaley Cuoco's Twitter site:

http://t.co/pYLY7HQTEj

(I hope you're able to open up the link from here.)

And this is the article that goes along with it. Kaley Cuoco | The Coveteur
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Well I do work in an office so I have to get dressed up so crocs would not do at all but I am allowed Uggs in the winter. It is a really old drafty building & I freeze. Heck I wear a size 5 shoe. If I find any shoe in a 5 it goes home with me it just may take me time to get to wear them.
    I am also a purse girl....don't get me started on dresses. I think I could start wearing summer dresses in May through September & not wear the same dress twice & this is after I cleaned out my closet & donated in June. I am a sucker for Macy's...what can I say however I did only buy 1 new dress this summer.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast