+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 7/25 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 7/25 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

So do you think we can safely assume that Michelle Obama will NOT be wearing Kahindo's dress any time soon?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My Critiques: Best to Worst This Week

1. Jeremy
    Jeremyís dress made the strongest impression on the runway to me. It looked beautiful, sophisticated, and expensive. It was worthy of wearing millions of dollars of diamonds with it. I like that the neckline of the dress mirrored the shape of the necklace so they didnít create competing lines. The dress fit very well and the styling of the model fit the dress.

2. Dom
    I really liked Domís dress, too, and it was my favorite until I saw Jeremyís. I loved that she found a print the same color as her modelís jewelry to really bring out that green. There were so many exquisite details to the dress, including the straps on the one side, the lace edging at the waist and on the hemlines, and the high-low skirt, which is a very popular look right now. I disagreed with the judges, who didnít like the lace trim or the modelís hairband. I thought the styling of the model was perfection and Dom showed strong tailoring and editing skills with her dress.

3. Bradon
    I was surprised when Bradon wasnít kept as one of the highest scorers on the runway. I wouldnít have minded him winning a second week in a row with this look. His dress looked great on the runway and set the modelís necklace off so nicely. Itís a stunning dress, well-fit, and it looks expensive.

4. Alexandria
    There was nothing particularly surprising or innovative about Alexandriaís dress but it was a classic style, well-fit, and matched her modelís jewelry perfectly.

5. Justin
    Like Alexandriaís dress. Justinís was a classic style and well-fit. I didnít like the styling of his modelís hair because it didnít look contemporary. I thought it was kind of severe and matronly. With a younger, fresher hairdo, this look would have been better.

6. Sue
    I liked Sueís dress ok but didnít think it was as formal and elegant as the dresses higher up my list. I didnít like the neckline of the dress because it clashed with the size and shape of the necklace. If I was wearing this look, I wouldnít know if I should have my expensive diamond necklace peeking out from under the dress or wear it awkwardly over the dress as the model has it. Ideally, you shouldnít have to make that choice. The neckline should be low enough to show off the necklace but not low enough to show off the boobs.

7. Kahindo
    Kahindoís dress was ok but not the type of dress youíd use to show off diamonds. Besides the dress itself being blah, I thought the styling of the model was a bit blah. Personally, I think asymmetrical hairstyles look best when you wear them with an asymmetrical dress. Otherwise you get the effect where your eye sees symmetry on the bottom it expects to see it up top, too, and when it doesnít, it looks messy. Perhaps if Kahindo had paired this dress with a stylish belt, clunkier shoes and a mini-cape or shrug, it would have elevated this blah dress and kept her in the running.

8. Alexander
    My main problem with Alexanderís dress is it doesnít look like something youíd wear out of the house. If you were lazing about your boudoir reading romance novels, nibbling on imported truffles, and sipping champagne, this dress would be a good choice. However, if you wanted to leave the house to attend some fancy-schmancy event and show off your diamonds, I would think you would change into real clothes first!

9. Miranda
    Miranda did better this week than last week but her look still left something to be desired. Itís not as sophisticated and expensive looking as some of the other dresses. In fact, it kind of reminds me of an apron. Only the complexity of the back saves it from being a total bore. I wish Miranda had not left the midsection bare because that cheapens the overall look to me. Also, I wish there were touches of some other fabric to add interest to the dress and break up the blue. Maybe if she had included a print of the bust of the dress it would have added some visual interest.

10. Sandro
    I have mixed feelings about Sandroís dress. Itís better than last weekís look, although it could hardly have been worse! Although this dress fits better, it still looks cheap because of the tight fit, the sheer panels on the sides, the open bustier, and the bare midriff. I seriously question Sandroís taste level and donít think heíll make it much farther on the show if he canít learn to edit himself to the point where the average woman would feel comfortable wearing his clothes. Sexy doesnít have to be slutty and a good designer knows how to make a woman look sexy without being trashy or too revealing.

11. Ken
    My first thought when this came down the runway is that itís a very old-fashioned look, bit not old-fashioned as in classic or vintage. Old-fashioned as in out-of-date. This would have been a great look for rich ladies wearing their diamonds in the 1980ís or early 90ís but itís passť now. Even the hairstyle looks like itís from the 80ís. My second problem with the dress is the length. Iím itching to find some scissors and trim a few inches off the puddle of fabric at the modelís feet.

12. Karen
    This is the second week in a row that Karen has presented an ill-fitting dress and Iím surprised the judges didnít call her on it. Iíve recently lost 50 pounds and when I put on some of my old dresses and they gapped like that around the shoulder and bust like this dress does, I threw them out. Karen wouldnít have to take her dress in to be as tight as Sandro does but meeting somewhere in the middle of these two designers would be nice.

13. Timothy
    Ah, TimothyÖthe trainwreck that keeps on giving. Last weekís look was appalling and this one is hardly better. The biggest mistake of this look to me is the neckline of the dress. It fights with the shape of the necklace so then your eye is drawn to the big patches on either side of the racerback and then you wonder if the model has the dress on backwards. The cheap-looking coverup he has on top of the velvet makes no sense and further detracts from the dress. Heís lucky to have survived another week on the show and if he ends up in the bottom three again, I hope he is sent packing.

14. Kate
    I totally donít get the judges oohing and aahing over this mess. Seriously, it reminds me of Timothyís dress from last week, which the judges soundly trashed. The corset on the model is twisted, the fabric on the bust looks like it was knotted up and wrapped around the model at the last second before hitting the runway, and the folds in the dress have no rhyme or reason, no flow or overall shape. Theyíre just bunched up willy-nilly. Even the color of the fabric doesnít appeal to me. Pale green is not a good look for blondes since it fights with the tone of their hair. I hate this dress and disagree with Zac Posen about this being Kateís best look ever. It must look a lot better in person than it does on tv or in pictures.

15. Helen
    Helen should have gone home this week. She was smart to turn on the waterworks at the runway because I think thatís what saved her. The judges didnít want to appear to be meanies, kicking a designer while they were down, so they gave Helen a pass this week when she didnít deserve it. Helen claims to specialize in evening wear so how is that sheís NEVER done cups before?? And as Heidi said, if you havenít done it before, why tackle that challenge when youíre designing in a limited time frame? I think if Helen would have shown this look during the audition process, she wouldnít have even made it on the show.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was thinking today it would be a neat twist some season to have the models choose the designers they want to work with each week. In the real world, it's the customers who choose which designers outfits they're going to buy and wear.

They could either use the button bag to draw models' names and let them choose which designer they want to work with or they could decide ahead of time the order the models will go in each week so each of them gets an equal chance to pick first (provided they don't get eliminated before their week to pick first).

It would be very interesting to see which designer is favored by the models and which designer consistently gets picked last.
    Florimel, jucamer and Babbred like this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Helen's disappointing me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Not only is Tim an idiot, he's a PRETENTIOUS idiot, to boot!
    I was wondering what Tim Gunn had said/done that made you respond like this . . . then I remembered there's a "designer" who is also named Tim. He needs a nickname. Timmy No Shoes. Green Tim. Unicorn Boy. I'm open to suggestions - but hopefull, he'll get sent home and we won't need them after next week. We had to know he wasn't going home this week because we saw out-of-order previews showing him working with Miranda on a team challenge.

My Top Three: Jeremy, Justin and Bradon.

Can't believe Kate won. Had to laugh when she talked about Marie Antoinette getting out of bed cuz I was thinking it looked like the model had slept in her dress. The (the judges) even praised the color. What color? Blech! I would have given the win to Dom from the judges top three. When Heidi started calling names indicating the top & bottom designers, I thought for a moment we had a repeat of the week before when there were 4 bottom and only 2 in the top as I was sure Sandro's creation would have been torn apart. He is an emotional wreck and it doesn't surprise me that he'll 'go missing' - what surprises me is that it didn't happen in THIS episode.

So much wrong with so many others:

Sue's dress had to be very difficult to walk in given the way it kept hugging the models legs. The "ridge" down the front reminded me of something you'd see on the spine of a dinosaur.

Miranda - aside from the garish color, what was with the jacked-up bodice? Right where the peek-a-boo started, it looked like the hem was falling out.

Karen - second week in a row she created something with NO shape to it. Yeah, I see that's what she wears, but she isn't dressing herself.

Alex (male) - hated the color combo. He said it was gold - it looked like a yucky greenish-yellow to me, both on my tv and here in the pics that were posted.

Don't agree with who won or with who was sent home. Not the first time that has happened and it certainly won't be the last.
    jmb likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Like other posters here, I found many of the dresses quite beautiful and I'm surprised that Kate won. Some of the more simple, elegant designs were far better than hers. I think they must have liked the drama of Kate's.
    I can't believe that Kahindo was eliminated over Helen. What are they smoking? Granted, Kahindo's wasn't the best but it was executed well, unlike the mess that Helen showed.
    Totally mystifying to me.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Despite everything I said, I have to agree that Kahindo should have been ranked above Helen.

To me, Brandon's dress was the best by far. Kate's dress was too fussy, to sloppy looking, and the bodice was beyond weird. Like some others here, I too cannot understand why Helen stayed and Kahindro went home.
    jmb likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

how did helen survive? i thought kahindo wasn't too bad. Sure it was simple but some women like simple. I would have liked kahindo's do something else. too bad, was looking to see some african type designs.
    Dragonlady and JohnnyK like this.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Thanks Pikachu for posting the pics! Love them
    My favorites are Bradon! Jeremy & Justin. I like Alexandria the best from the ladies.

Note to Heidi: Please get rid of Timothy Westbrook! He stinks - both his designs and his arrogant attitude.
    Sandro is a bundle of anger isn't he? I wonder who peed in his cornflakes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast