+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Finally On My Own" What the title says: no more teams! Jordana Brewster guest judges, and will wear the winning look in a Marie Claire photo shoot.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This episode left me really angry!!! Unfortunately, I don't know how to hide a spoiler, and my smilies won't work for some reason. This rates at least an angry face smiley. More later...

To put in a spoiler, enclose it in tags. Put the word "spoiler" within brackets [ ], then do the same only with a forward slash at the beginning [/ ].

Are you talking about Michelle? I wish they had just eliminated her. She flat out ignored what Nina told them to do. I freely admit that I'm biased, however, since I can't stand her. Maybe your idea of fashion is having a woman walk around mostly naked in public, but where I'm from we call that "trash". She didn't appear in the previews for next week, so is it too much to hope that she failed whatever challenge the judges threw at her? To paraphrase the Bard, "'Tis an outcome greatly to be wished."
    Florimel likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'll say this~ In the previews for next week, they say the Final Four will travel to four separate/different European cities.
    This is either very strategic editing, OR Lifetime just pulled a huge boneheaded move by showing Daniel, Patricia, Layana, and Stanley...and not a "wisp-hair" of Michelle in sight.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

That's what I kept thinking. "Surely even Lifetime couldn't be that stupid to show the other designers but not her." Since there were 5 designers tonight, I guess that would mean that 2 of them doubled up on a city? Please, please let that not be true. Please let her be gone. That would make my season.
    Florimel likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    To put in a spoiler, enclose it in tags. Put the word "spoiler" within brackets [ ], then do the same only with a forward slash at the beginning [/ ].

Are you talking about Michelle? I wish they had just eliminated her. She flat out ignored what Nina told them to do. I freely admit that I'm biased, however, since I can't stand her. Maybe your idea of fashion is having a woman walk around mostly naked in public, but where I'm from we call that "trash". She didn't appear in the previews for next week, so is it too much to hope that she failed whatever challenge the judges threw at her? To paraphrase the Bard, "'Tis an outcome greatly to be wished."
    Are you talking to me? About my idea of fashion being a woman running around mostly nude or something? I have no idea why you would think that. I also was not aware that Michelle's designs were like that. The ones I've liked of hers weren't. They also weren't scraps of leather and fabric slapped together haphazardly and called "art". Patricia's stuff is mostly garbage, and she was not even doing as well as Michelle, and yes I think she should have gone. Or maybe Daniel with his Big Bird short set? I don't know...

Now I'll admit, I don't really "like" any of these people very much because I don't find most of them likable. Stanley is found in this episode to be a huge a@#hole via his treatment of Tu, Layana is a nasty little conceited princess, and they're all weird in one way or another. So maybe it shouldn't bother me that Michelle went, since she isn't all that wonderful anyway. But this show is one i enjoy still for some reason, and if I can't like any of the personalities involved, I gotta like something. I just don't like Patricia's designs very much and I think it was unfair that she was kept while Michelle has to pass some test or other to get another chance. The judging here doesn't make sense to me. Prior episodes would have one thinking that Patricia would be the logical choice to go home this time. To me, most of her designs are just totally bizarre and not even marginally wearable.

I don't think you have to worry about Michelle coming back, but then who knows? I also don't appreciate the producers leaving us with a cliffhanger, as it were. I think I'm finished ranting now. I'm not as mad as I was earlier, lol.

ETA: Just read your latest post, and the way you feel about Michelle leaving is the way I feel about Layana. Now if SHE would be sent home, it would make the show for me!
    Last edited by lilymax; 04-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    ...She didn't appear in the previews for next week...
    Babbred~
    My bad. I started to type my post -- walked away -- returned and posted it to the wall without seeing your comment about Michelle not appearing in the previews for next week.
    Wasn't trying to ignore you.

Obviously great minds thinking alike, eh?
    Babbred likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

My assessment of the designs, than an analysis about the judge's decision:

1. Stanley - Honestly, it was nice, but it won because it does look a bit more like what Jordana could wear on "Dallas." It would however look lovely on her though. I found his treatment of Tu over the top though - even if at times it looked like it was warranted (if just barely).

2. Layana - I STILL hate her attitude, but I will say that dress was lovely and yes, in my vote it'd just barely beat Stanley for the win. I would've not made the neckline like she did (maybe a bit wider), but the colors and design were indeed nice.

3. Daniel - honestly, if the color was a bit more western colors and he did a skirt, I think it would've been stunning on Jordana. It really wasn't a bad design, but he's got the issues of piecemealing things together. He's almost the Alina (Worst Cooks in America) of this show - putting odd ideas together and they're working...

4. ... which leads me to Patricia. She also has a similar problem, but today she had the misfortune of being paired up with Richard, who is someone who was gunning for her to begin with. The outfit wasn't well thought out, but didn't look as horrid as some things we've seen in previous seasons. I was surprised she advanced; however, she advanced because it was HER design clearly, she followed Nina's requests, and she's most likely to take the notes and work on them.

5. Michelle - Design was nice if a bit boring, but I'm sorry, that combined with my opinion about the elimination below is why I am honestly NOT surprised she was eliminated.

Now, why Patricia safe over Michelle?

What hurt Michelle was when Nina said she did NOT listen to what Nina said. One of the biggest things you must do is LISTEN to your client, and the head of a major magazine is a HUGE client. Not respecting your client not only will get you fired from a job, not listening to the HEAD of a magazine can end up creating a (non-literal) "blackball effect." People will find out if you tried showing elsewhere in that industry and it can cost you jobs.

And my opinion she added insult to injury by producing a SAFE garment and the judges knew it was such. This was actually IMHO worse than Richard doing that safe dress a few weeks ago - at least HE didn't have several stellar looks the judges loved while Michelle won a challenge to have a dress in the Lord and Taylor windows and sold.

This is important in that Patricia didn't have the best design, but she TOOK a HUGE risk in her design, whereas Michelle, a faster seamstress and sometimes a better designer, acted like she didn't care and produced a safe garment to walk into the top four finish.

In this show, for the most part, you do that you're going to get into more trouble than doing a terrible job and giving it your all. That's what happened here.

All this said, I'm not upset she's being given a second shot - she did have the portfolio to earn that shot (though this probably would've happened regardless who was cut, or I think the results would've been different. I'm going to admit I'm glad it's more for her model, Lisa, as I liked her in "America's Next Top Model" and felt she and others should've won over Saleshia.

There is a chance that her second shot will be after the final four challenge - in that they will replace one of the final four with her, but I'm hoping this is not the case. That is not fair for ANY of the final four (even some of the grumblers there), and would be tantamount to AR's save last season after that HORRID dress - I mean even Patricia's today was better than that military dress.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    This episode left me really angry!!! Unfortunately, I don't know how to hide a spoiler, and my smilies won't work for some reason. This rates at least an angry face smiley. More later...
    You don't have to hide spoilers in here - it's for discussing the show as it's happening (and afterward). The spoiler warning in the title is for people who haven't watched the show yet, so that they can avoid opening the thread if they don't want to know the results yet.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Aaaaaand, the show has jumped the shark for the 20th time since moving to Lifetime.

What is this "last chance" BS for Michelle? They should have just kept her and sent Patricia home. Or even just sent Michelle home if they really felt she had the worst look (which she didn't). But to pull out yet another surprise exception to "you're in, and you're out" ticks me off. I wish Heidi would simply admit that she and Nina are completely biased, have no real guidelines they follow anymore, and pretty much run things, regardless of what the designers actually make from week to week. It's so ridiculous.

This is maybe the 10th "jump the shark" moment for PR since it moved to Lifetime. It would have made a little more sense if they kept Michelle and made this "last chance" offer to Patricia, since most of the reason her garment sucked was Richard's incompetence. But why put Michelle though that instead? Did they think that would make "better TV"? It didn't. This show makes no sense anymore.

I didn't think Stanley's was necessarily the best look -- I think he won by default.
    Duckyface likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast