+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 3/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I can't believe what a spoiled, selfish brat Layana is. Judge Judy said it best "beauty fades but stupid is forever". Layana is very manipulative, did she honestly believe she could use all the fabric and give none to Daniel, and when she does give Daniel some fabric look how little she did give him. I was surprised he could do anything with it. But the kicker was watching the meltdown over Daniel's betrayal. Huh...Daniel was supposed to give Layana all the credit for his look? His model would have gone down the runway shirtless if it was up to her. His was the stronger look yet if they had been the winning team she totally expected Daniel to give her the win? What world does she live in? That little girl voice and doe eyed look will only go so far. I wonder if they do a reunion show how will the other designers react to both her and Michele's rather scathing comments about them?
    Kip, pikachu, justCoz and 5 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't commented a lot on this show this season but I'm going too now.

First off, I'm so glad Richard is gone. He should have been gone weeks ago. I think a couple of the past designers would have been better for this challenge than him.

Out of the 5 left I like Stanley the best. Michelle is a good designer and could win this thing but I can't stand her personality and same with Layana. All of you have said it better than I could. After last night, I will even take Michelle over Layana. She has some growing up to do! Her dress was awful and Daniel's was beautiful. If his was longer I'd go buy it (I have to wear my skirts and dresses at knee level...just me). I really hope someone puts her in her place and fast!!!!

Layana could have learned a lot from Daniel but she wouldn't even give him a chance. He listened to her about needing to be sexier and younger and look what happened!!! He designed and made his best work yet! If she would have just given him a chance I think she could have learned a lot and her dress wouldn't have been ugly.

I don't like Patricia's work but apprecaite her textile designs. I think she would be a great textile designer instead of a designer. She seems like a nice lady but at times I feel like she is standoffish and doesn't really listen to others when they offer help and/or suggestions...except maybe Tim.

I think Stanley is classy design and personality wise. He has really tried to make the best of all situations and pairings. He does have an excellent eye for editing.

Richard has an older taste and class but it's good. It's much better than some of the older clothes I see in stores or on older women. I cringe and I promise myself that I will NEVER wear that stuff!!!!
    Kip, pikachu, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Stanley is my favorite, too. I like not just his designs but his attitude. He's worked well in his teams and kept a positive attitude. I hope he wins this season and goes on to a lot of success in the fashion world. I'd like to see him back for an all-stars edition of Project Runway.
    Kip, Florimel and ladygreco like this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

With all the light and color in the museum I was surprised at how dark and dreary the prints were.

I also got the impression that it was Daniel's print that was used for Team Layana (the girl can't share).

Layana needs an attitude adjustment. This is a competition and no one is going to willingly give you the win in the challenge. And honestly that was a little stupid anyway - they aren't getting immunity anymore (or usually don't) and the challenge wins do not necessarily lead up to the overall win. She's got a massive ego honestly, and while Michelle has some sassy remarks and attitude... she can design.

Danielle really redeemed himself, no thanks to his partner. In fact Layana should be THANKFUL that he had such a great design because I think had they not Patricia and Richard might've been safe over them.

Out of Patricia and Richard - Patricia's actually would've been better WITHOUT the veil. Richard's was bad all around and should've been eliminated regardless when it came down to them.

Stanley deserved the win - but actually both he and Michelle should've had the win. That said, I can see why just him - Michelle already has a win.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Stanley has won before, too. He was the winner of episode 6, the outfits for seniors.

I didn't really care for any of the outfits except Daniel's. The jacket was the star of the outfit, very well-tailored.

The judges loved Stanley's dress but I hate dresses or skirts that balloon out like that and I really didn't care for the print.

Patricia's was atrocious with or without the veil. I wish she had made the veil larger to hide the whole dress.

Layana's was in serious need of editing. If she wouldn't have had the dark stuff wrapped around the dress, it might have been ok but the overall look was too dated for a contemporary art challenge.

I liked the bubble wrap skirt of Michelle's dress but not the top and that awful print, and definitely not the weirdo headpiece.

For Richard's, the top was unimaginative and clashed with the texture of the skirt.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Fun to see Lisa from ANTM cycle 9 featured so much this season. I'd love to see Michelle win because then they would both get a nice reward. I thought Lisa should have won her cycle, so it's nice to see her doing well.

Thank GOD Richard is gone. What is wrong with him? I didn't think Samantha would have won and as someone in this episode pointed out, her dress was the worst last week. Still, I agree that if she'd made it to Fashion Week, her collection would have been a helluva lot more interesting than one from Richard.

For me, it's going to come down to Michelle and Stanley. I'll be happy with a win from either, but I'm rooting for Michelle.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did anyone notice that in an attempt to make her model appear androgynous, Patricia didn't give her sleeves, that her arms were inside the material with only her hands showing? To me, that was stranger than the bridal veil effect.
    justCoz and Duckyface like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Fun to see Lisa from ANTM cycle 9 featured so much this season. I'd love to see Michelle win because then they would both get a nice reward. I thought Lisa should have won her cycle, so it's nice to see her doing well.
    Wai-- Whaaat?!?
    How in the world did I miss that?
    I love Lisa from ANTM! Thanks for pointing it out, Critical. I'll be sure to pay more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Did anyone notice that in an attempt to make her model appear androgynous, Patricia didn't give her sleeves, that her arms were inside the material with only her hands showing? To me, that was stranger than the bridal veil effect.
    I did notice that, Arielflies, but thought I was mistaken when it wasn't mentioned (that I heard) by the judges --
    OR mentioned here (that I read) by all the eagle-eye posters we have!

About Layana.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I LIKE HER!
    But, I wanted to thump that child on the forehead last night when she had her ridiculous "Betrayal Meltdown."
    Shoepie likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast