+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Me too, sunnydayz.

Much as I despise Michelle, this week's "challenge" was SO unfair to ALL of 'em, clear across the board, that I felt I had no other choice BUT to reasonably say that EVERY LAST DESIGNER was blameless for this mess this week.

I DON'T know what Michelle's personal issue is with Patricia --- and it's VERY clear she HAS one --- but I have gotten WAY past sick and tired of her dumping on Patricia week after week, also. Far as I can tell, too, you're right: Patricia thus far has not really ripped Michelle a new one in a PI.

And, to me, that says that the problem is MICHELLE, not Patricia.

Michelle's too evil to have given Patricia a heads-up on what's coming, I believe (if that's what you meant). So perhaps the only GOOD thing about this is that Patricia wasn't aware of Michelle's TRUE thoughts/opinions and just therefore kept doing what she usually did.

If I were Patricia, though, I wish I could tell you for a fact that I WOULDN'T rip Michelle a new one when I saw her next (after a lot of these eps have aired).

But, I'm not that good.
    Duckyface and Photobabe like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The problem is, Patricias talents are not working for this type show. Patricia has the strong point of being able to make wonderful textures out of ordinary fabric. Unfortunately, that takes a lot of time and in this format, they simply don't have the time.
    I do admire her for not saying bad things about the others. She seems like a very sweet lady, just out of her element on this show.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    The problem is, Patricias talents are not working for this type show. Patricia has the strong point of being able to make wonderful textures out of ordinary fabric. Unfortunately, that takes a lot of time and in this format, they simply don't have the time.
    I do admire her for not saying bad things about the others. She seems like a very sweet lady, just out of her element on this show.
    Yes, Patricia IS a horse of a different color. Running on the PR track is not going to get her anywhere in the world of haute couture. She's a gifted artist, though. Maybe they didn't know when they chose her that her style/type of excellence is not suited to this particular venue?

In any event, people who go for her kind of thing (and I bet they will be legion, after her appearance on PR) will be knocking her door down and MORE than happy to pay for her work.

So, she most likely won't win, but then again, appearing on here won't hurt her at all.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Very accurate description of Patricia...she really does have a unique talent for fabrics but with such crazy time limits, I doubt she can continue to create such fabulous effects. Seems like very detailed and time consuming and this show doesn't allow for that....even more so now than before.
    ness likes this.

Well I just caught up with this tonight and I have to say it's the producers who should be out.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Actually, none of that had anything to do with it. The only reason PR moved to Lifetime was money. Exec Producer Harvey Weinstein wanted a lot more money per episode from Bravo in order to sign another long-term agreement to air the show. Bravo said it was too much, and as a co-producer of the show accused Harvey of making a deal with Lifetime before he legally could. Everybody sued each other, which is why the show was off the air for so long before season 6 premiered on Lifetime. So it all comes down to Harvey's greed, and his need to squeeze more money out of his cash cow to fund his less profitable film studio.

Heidi and Tim basically stood on the sidelines while all this was going on. The idea to film in LA was Heidi's, but it would have happened no matter where the show ended up. Originally, she thought the show would alternate between NY and LA, but after S6 was met with such universal hatred, they gave up on the idea.
    Thanks for the facts.

Haven't been able to follow the season very well, Hulu aufs the episodes within a week. Did see this one, finally. Agree with so many comments on here: the team thing is horrible; Amanda would not have done just pants but that's what the team wanted her to do; same with Richard, he's good at shirts, so just do shirts. The other team clearly did tell Patricia to just make her woven shirt, they should have realized it wouldn't even be seen. And why is Michelle the only one who thought about "characters"? I mean...someone posted earlier about not wanting to make them look like the Village People but...in their initial clip, that's exactly what they DID look like. I've only been to one male review in my life and it's all about the characters: Officer and a Gentleman, Rhinestone Cowboy, Wichita Lineman...I don't know, but it's definitely role-playing. And they were so afraid to make it too costumey?! Argh.

In this case, I would have said, if there are no winners, then there should be no losers. Let them all work on their own for once and the chips fall where they may. Oh...and I take it the Thunder doesn't have to wear any of those hideous outfits, since there was no winning look? They were very sweet in trying to defend the clothing, what a horrible position to be put in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345