+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Uli is THIRD of the three? Screw it--I don't even care who wins. They were clearly setting this up for a Lifetime winner from the get go.

Big surprise. AR is the winner. I predicted they were going to do that, what, four weeks ago? He should have been auf'd for that awful dress he created for that poor veteran. There was nothing special about AR's final line at all.

That makes it so much easier for me to not care about the Team PR season that's coming up. I wasn't enthusiastic about that in the first place, and now the only reason to tune in would be Tim.

I hope Uli uses the exposure to get a lot of work and that the rest of the handpicked Lifetime winners don't do as well as she does by a long shot.
    Ancient City and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Shhhh....you'll jinx her.
    Sorry Tilden - I guess I did

Uli getting third was a slap in the face -- not just to her, but to us. How stupid do they think we are? She had the best collection by far, I mean it wasn't even up for debate.

So not only was this season a set-up to crown Anthony Ryan, they give Uli third place just to rub our noses in it.

All-Stars is a scripted, fictional show. And Isaac and the blonde are awful, butt-kissing, shallow judges.

If Heidi and Tim can't bring the goods next week and restore some kind of sanity, I may be done for good. It's just not that big a thrill anymore.
    canuck, dzigner and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm donning the tin foil hat and calling it another All Stars conspiracy....hand picked winner from the get go. All I could think of seeing Anthony Ryan's collection was "hmmm, who knew Star Trek uniforms were so fashion forward?" Uli was robbed.

FORT Fanatic

That was a load of CRAP! Uli was robbed and I hope someone is telling them how wrong they got this one. AR's collection was the worst of the three. What travasty!

Ugh - have not understood the AR love all season. Who would buy one of those dresses, much less multiples. And I buy a lot of multiples!
    dzigner and cubsfan55 like this.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Where does the AR love come from anyway? Unless I am mistaken he didn't do that great in his own season and I remember thinking back then that he was saved from going home when he probably should have. I think he's adorable and I've liked a lot of his looks this season, but the finale was just dull. Same simple dress over and over with different lengths and cut-outs. I think Emilio got second because his was political. Uli was totally robbed of first place (and second place!).

When I saw Emilio's collection I thought wow this is great and he might win, then I saw Anthony Ryan's and I went wow, it might be better than Emilio's. Then I went "Oh Sh*t" I hope this doesn't mean Uli comes in third. Then I saw Uli's collection and I had to say, "what Happened" it does look as good as the first two. "Oh, no", poor Uli is coming in third. Then I listened to the judges critiques and thought, "OMG, there are on crack". I just didn't get what they saw in Uli's collection. It looked bad compared to all the other things I had seen her create this season. BTW I wanted Uli to win. I thought she deserved it as she was so much better than in her original season. I don't know this season seem so, so, fixed?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't know if Uli deserved to win or not, but after she was third, I said "And the winner of Project Runway All Stars 2 is ... Anthony Ryan with a runway of the SAME DESIGN in each design (just different colors) and having the WORST outfit in PR history (the soldier dress)."

I think out of the final two Emilio's was more interesting and more runway than AR's. But just like Mondo's season, you could tell what was going to happen: Uli could've and apparently had one of those runways that'd gone international (or you'd see internationally for better or worse), and had probably the best season out of the three, but as she's Bravo, she was not going to win even if the other two showed flower sack dresses and she had Capitol Coture.

Emilio is now officially the Lifetime version of Korto - two solid runways, one where the winner was better than him if by a hair (his case loss to SA, Korto I think Jillian) and one loss to someone who I just felt shouldn't win (his AR's, her's Jeremy I think).

Oh, and ONE HUGE GLARING THING TO LOOK AT LIFETIME - Don't spoil it for the rest of us by having the WINNER be in the center of the group shots in the commercials if you're going to do an eliminated contestant disappearing schtick. I had it pegged that AR was going to win three weeks ago (vocally here at least a week ago), just like I did Mondo.

BTW - to give a comment about AR's line:

I can make the SAME designs in fused glass, and have much more interesting designs and shapes and colors than he did. Plus, everyone could wear my line - including wearing bras with the stuff.

I mean really - out of the three he really did feel like a class project, i.e. design the same thing in different colors and materials. There wasn't much difference in his designs. Even Irina's all black line the first year this show went to Lifetime had more interesting details and variety.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast