+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

"All Stars and Stripes" - PR honors some female veterans by designing silly and poorly made high fashion outfits for them.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Katie Holmes is guest judge tonight, but I am a PR fan so I am going to watch anyway!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

They're already showing how insincere this exercise is -- calling them "veterans" whenever referring to them. "You'll be judged on how well you work with your veteran." As if they are status symbols or something.

I'm sure there are good intentions in there somewhere, but I see a lot of vanity behind it also.

I'm really liking Josh this episode - he IS human I hope he makes it to the Finals....
    Shoepie and wannasee like this.

I'm convinced that they are fixing the season for Anthony Ryan. His dress was HIDEOUS -- her boobs were sticking out like sagging torpedoes, and the high waistband made her look hunched over. And yet Isaac was defending him like his life depended on it.

And they nitpicked Uli's wonderful dress over the embellishments -- her dress was genius.

Emilio's was fun but poorly fitted. Joshua's was really good, better than I wanted it to be. I wonder if they will just send all four of them to the finals, as if that isn't a tired twist by now...
    Florimel, dzigner, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

Yup, I called it -- all four are going to the finals. What a shock!

They're going to Paris next week. looks like the same couture challenge as in Season 3. Uli will have an upper hand, since she already did this...good!
    Shoepie likes this.

But they didn't say that the finals were next week - are they dragging this out by another week?

Well season 11 doesn't premiere until Jan 24th, so they have 2 weeks to stretch out the finals.

FORT Fogey

It was more evident than ever tonight that they really, really want to be able to hand the title to Anthony Ryan. I couldn't believe Mizrahi was defending that travesty. His client specifically asked him to "hide" her bosom, and he made her bust look huge and unattractive and added white straps, which just attracted more attention to the very area she asked him to hide. I wasn't a big fan of Emilio's dress either, and maybe it was more poorly sewn than it was possible to tell on television, but it certainly wasn't more poorly sewn than Joshua's red dress last week, which wasn't flattering from the front or the back.

I have no problem with Joshua taking this one, though I think Uli's was lovely too, and that they made way too big of a deal over that embellishment. Besides, Joshua had the advantage of getting a model with a service dog. Who isn't going to love a service dog? And Mizrahi is a big dog fan, so naturally, he loved that it had his first name. Probably would have loved it even more if it had been a mutt, though, since Mizrahi has had mutts and referred to them as the "haute couture of the dog world" (and my mutt-loving heart answers, "Amen!").

Oh, and I was disappointed that only one of the veterans had a disability. I was hoping they'd have a challenge where they had to design clothing that were stylish that people with disabilities that make dressing themselves harder could easily manage to get in and out of themselves. Most clothes designed as being easy to get in and out of look like they're meant to be worn in a hospital, which is pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They're already showing how insincere this exercise is -- calling them "veterans" whenever referring to them. "You'll be judged on how well you work with your veteran." As if they are status symbols or something.

I'm sure there are good intentions in there somewhere, but I see a lot of vanity behind it also.
    If they served in the military during a time of war or conflict, be it overseas or in the US, they are seen as veterans. That said, I do agree with you that they were clients and should've been treated as such.

As far as the challenge, I call baloney on the results. Out of the four, the only two worthy of being fashion and that made the woman look good were the top two - Joshua and Uli. Emilio's - while I didn't like it - still was better made and flattering on her than Emilio's.

I do agree with you however - I feel the fix is in for either Emilio or Anthony Ryan. And it is sad that Uli and Joshua are the MUCH MORE WORTHY winners this season because they've had the most top/safe spots out of the four.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast