+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Project Runway - Season Eleven - premieres January 24th @ 9pm

Re: Project Runway - Season Eleven - premieres January 24th @ 9pm

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It's yet another way that the producers can secretly play with results and save bad designers because they are good television.

Apparently Tim Gunn was a big proponent of this twist -- I doubt he realized these unintended consequences.
    Tim liked the idea, MF? Hmm, maybe there will be something we don't know about. I miss Tim. That was one of the reasons I lost so much interest in the All-Stars. That and the work was not impressive.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

As I see it, it's pretty much all being done for D*R*A*M*A!

They know - they have to know, don't they - how the viewers dislike team challenges, so they take what gets us talking the most and give it a twist. It's like standing on an overpass on a cold winters day while someone drips water on the road surface. Get the right crowd of people and they'll stand around waiting for the first car to slid sideways.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    As I see it, it's pretty much all being done for D*R*A*M*A!

They know - they have to know, don't they - how the viewers dislike team challenges, so they take what gets us talking the most and give it a twist. It's like standing on an overpass on a cold winters day while someone drips water on the road surface. Get the right crowd of people and they'll stand around waiting for the first car to slid sideways.
    You make it sound so ... dirty and sorted. Sigh. You are probably right though.
    Little Sew&Sew and Babbred like this.

As soon as I read the name Cindy "Marlatt" from Kent, WA, I wondered if she were connected to the Marlatt Funeral Home business. Apparently, yes...

FORT Fogey

I am not thrilled with the team...like others have posted here, why? If the outfits do not have to be cohesive and each designer is judged for his/her work, what have we gained.

I watch The Next Great Baker on TLC ( not much interest here for that one) but it is enjoyable but all the challenges have been groups. You hear from the producers that everybody works cooperatively today in business, but the difference is that in business you hire your own people so your collaborators are people you know you can work with. On these shows, total strangers are forced together and it has not been realistic

For a creative team I would think you need a visionary, a realist and lots of busy hands bringing fulfillment. A well meshed team does not work well with two visionaries, and as a designer should be a visionary, a "team" of two of those would crash and burn. You would need a realist to balance them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The bigger the team, the more drama there will be. Of course, you can have drama with a team of two, especially if one of those two is like last season Elena, who gets along well with NO ONE.

Wondering if:

*the Velvet Bag will be brought back
    *the designers will be allowed to pick teams

or

*the producers have already magically decided who is working together to maximize the stress

Guess we will know in two days!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Interesting to watch the changes. I am not overly fond on the New Heidi. Since her divorce, she has pretty much become an attention whore. I wasn't really crazy for her "we are so in love . Seal and I renew our vows every year......"But now she seems to be needing some kind of validation that she is still hot. Sad.

I even forgot who won last season. I am afraid my favorite show has jumped the shark tank
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I remember it was Dmitry, but mostly because Lifetime is re-running season 10 right now and they've reached the finale episode.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast