+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

"I Get a Kick Out of Fashion" -- The designers walk up 6th Avenue to Radio City Music Hall to meet their latest clients...

Forum threads will be reopened after the show airs on the West coast -- 10:30PM PT / 1:30 AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Wow - no one here tonight! Ven is out - wow!

Is it just me, or do they have more trouble finding quality designers at all the casting calls now? Or is the problem that they don't explain the nature of the challenges to the designers well enough? I just feel like I've seen an endless runway of amateur crap this year (with a few exceptions, of course...)

It's like Dmitry is the only one who knows how to execute a finished garment. And yet, his design was way off the mark and way too hootchie for the Rockettes, which is why I'm wondering if they got a dossier about their history along with looking at the sample costumes.

Christopher's top was nice, but the nude fabric around it looked cheap, and the skirt wouldn't work for dancers. Great idea, but mediocre execution.

None of the others stood out for me, unless it was for how bad they were.

But Ven is finally gone! How many times did they have to chop at that trunk before the tree finally fell?

This is the first episode I got to watch live, thanks to Big Brother ending last night. It felt weird not watching it at 2AM...
    Kip, Allie and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm here. Bummed that Dmitry got so close but was denied a well-deserved win . . . again! Makes me wonder if they judges should have taken into consideration that Dmitry did NOT go to Mood a second time but managed to make that beautiful swishy dress with the original budget. But then again, they didn't seem to mind that Christopher's dress didn't move on the bottom so why would planning ahead properly figure in! Ugh.

Not sad that Ven went home, but I thought his design was better than Sonjia's because at least the girls would have been able to move in his dress. I really did LOL when the drag queen Origami Rose comment was made.

Melissa's looked like a carhop outfit and Fabio's reminded me of a gladiator. Elena's dressed looked like a costume out of a Egyptian ice skating show
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I watched but was delayed. So glad Ven got the boot. Elena really was likable this episode. I want the NYC dress!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Sooo glad Ven is out. I "love" the ham-fisted Lifetime edit though...they finally humanize him on the last episode he will be on, although it could have been Elena too, since she lightened up and apologized at dinner. They nearly got me feeling bad for Ven then I remembered how awful he treated his "real woman" client.

I liked Dmitry's design, but there was no way Christopher wasn't going to win with his homage to NYC. As awesome as Christopher's design was (and it really was), how could people in the "cheap seats" see what the design was? Do they have projection screens at RCMH?

Next week's episode looks horrible. There is NO REASON on this planet that a PR contestant should have to deal with a fake baby that is programmed to act real. That's just total BS. I'll skip it.

Agreed - there were some bad choices in taste in this episode.
    - Virginia Woolf

Right - seriously? Can they not afford models that they have to design for babies? So not interested. And they have to deal with a mock baby to take care of? That is really silly. Just focus on the design and fashion. I think it is enough for them to have a short amount of time, lack of sleep and limited funds. I really don't care for the needless 'challenges'.
    ness, Allie, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    - Virginia Woolf

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

But Heidi has a new line that she just has to promote on this show (read this as if it's written in sarcasm font). I guess we should be glad they aren't bringing in real babies or puppies that look like their owners!
    ness, Allie and jucamer like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Is it just me, or do they have more trouble finding quality designers at all the casting calls now? Or is the problem that they don't explain the nature of the challenges to the designers well enough? I just feel like I've seen an endless runway of amateur crap this year (with a few exceptions, of course...)
    That's what I've thought of this season, too. I don't know if the problem is who they cast, how little time/money they give them for the challenges, or a combination of the two.

Dmitry has been my favorite designer because, like you said, he pays the most attention to detail and construction.

I thought Chris's idea was fantastic from when he first sketched it but agree that it could have been executed better. The colors were too bland and I don't think the New York City skyline will read from a distance. The skirt could have used something for movement, like the fringe on Dmitry's outfit.

Ven's outfit might have been ok if he had added structure and more details but it was so sad and lackluster. I'm glad the judges finally let him go. It's obvious he can't do anything but his signature Origami Rose.
    NFL1 likes this.
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast