+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

What I really didn't like about Andrea is that she totally denied saying that she would be okay leaving AND denied that she was laughing when she messed up in the work room. Did she not realize that the cameras were right freaking there? I have no sympathy for her. As a teacher, she set a terrible example. With Kooan, it was obviously a mental health issue, but I think Andrea just wussed out.
    Sometimes people who pick up their marbles and head for home ... expect someone will chase them and beg them to come back.

I did think Christopher was a bit rough on her and I'm sure she was humiliated. People do come into these situations with expectations, and she is a little older and may have been expecting to be looked up to by the young'uns and got the complete opposite.

I am in no way defending her actions and the manner in which she left, but I do think there may have been some contact and possible demands which the show refused.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I don't think there was a problem between Christopher and her until she totally screwed up the dress. He was gracious saying he could learn from her, but was upset finally at how badly she managed her time. He was rightly determined to save himself so what you may have looked at as roughness was self-survival.
    chompstick and Starbucks880 like this.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Ven is anywhere near as arrogant as, for example, Christian Soriano or Jeffrey what's-his-name (neck tattoos). There isn't anything Ven has designed so far that I wouldn't want to wear.
    pikachu, mandmmom2 and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Just my opinion, but I don't think Ven is anywhere near as arrogant as, for example, Christian Soriano or Jeffrey what's-his-name (neck tattoos). There isn't anything Ven has designed so far that I wouldn't want to wear.
    I agree. He's truly talented and I don't get a feel of arroance from him at all. I'd love to see him win this thing. I thought his dress, this last week, was beautiful. (But, not as top notch at Dimitry's....who, btw, is also not arrogant.)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    And definitely NOT like she who will not be named. I hate knowing the way they laid out the photos we see her just about every week next to Anya on the photos when clearly there were other more deserving folk from that season.

Most of SWWNBN (I have to shorten it) makes now is just too hippy IMHO.

Ven needs to be careful on his confidence though because if he's not it'll start becoming arrogance and start showing more in his work and he'll go from winning/safe to possibly being eliminated. Showed already with his recent outfit.
    dzigner likes this.

Sign of the times, on how old/bad this show has gotten when you have people leaving like they are. I"ll watch it to the death since I like the format, but... I've said for a while that PR relies too heavily on the usual reality "hard challenge, no time, high standards" model that's made to create stress/drama/entertainment, and now it's just manifesting on tv. I don't mind a challenge, but this show has ventured into no man's land. Unless you get lucky, are like Michael (sew at 100mph), or a robot (no emotions and no stress reaction), Project Runway encourages low quality garments. It's so they have more filler material - "what am I gonna do? cliffhangers" and/or the judges lambasting people for laughs. I'm tired of that same old routine, I would rather see amazing clothes for once (that means they have at least 2 days to fully complete a look or at least time for bumps in the road).

Even the models could tell they were wearing crap for crying out loud! Fabio's model had this depressive, but kinda high maintenance demeanor to her, and Buffy's model had this look on her face like "Ugh, can you believe I have to wear this thing? I know what you judges are gonna say." Raoul's model had a more lazy, bored look on her face, and even the Russian guy's model looked kinda dazed.

So I am glad people are leaving the show. And who cares if they just walk out? The other contestants should get over it. Sometimes things are too overwhelming and hard to deal with, yet alone on TV for the whole world to see. The show doesn't respect the designers in the restraints it puts on them, therefore why should they give it respect back?
    Last edited by Endit; 08-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    Kip, pikachu and Florimel like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree, Endit. I think the challenges are too challenging to produce quality work. I'd like to see the designers given more time, both for the challenge itself and in-between challenges to wind down. They could give them three days to work on an outfit and then trim it down to fit into one episode easily. If they were given a more realistic timeframe, we would get a better representation of their work.
    maude~flanders, Endit and jucamer like this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

I agree with the top three this episode but don't agree with the bottom 3. I think the one girl who makes all the big shoulder shirts and jackets should have been in the bottom with Buffy and Raoul. I think Raoul should have been let go. JMO though.

I loved the look that won until I realized it was see through. Not so much. I'm conservative though so my opinion is not normally what society thinks.

I like Ven, Demitry, Christopher, and Sonja. I do like the blond but wish she'd try to add color somehow...shoes, purse, earrings, etc. Black and white is my fav but I love color. The rest of everyone can go.
    Last edited by mandmmom2; 08-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Sign of the times, on how old/bad this show has gotten when you have people leaving like they are. I"ll watch it to the death since I like the format, but... I've said for a while that PR relies too heavily on the usual reality "hard challenge, no time, high standards" model that's made to create stress/drama/entertainment, and now it's just manifesting on tv. I don't mind a challenge, but this show has ventured into no man's land. Unless you get lucky, are like Michael (sew at 100mph), or a robot (no emotions and no stress reaction), Project Runway encourages low quality garments. It's so they have more filler material - "what am I gonna do? cliffhangers" and/or the judges lambasting people for laughs. I'm tired of that same old routine, I would rather see amazing clothes for once (that means they have at least 2 days to fully complete a look or at least time for bumps in the road).

Even the models could tell they were wearing crap for crying out loud! Fabio's model had this depressive, but kinda high maintenance demeanor to her, and Buffy's model had this look on her face like "Ugh, can you believe I have to wear this thing? I know what you judges are gonna say." Raoul's model had a more lazy, bored look on her face, and even the Russian guy's model looked kinda dazed.

So I am glad people are leaving the show. And who cares if they just walk out? The other contestants should get over it. Sometimes things are too overwhelming and hard to deal with, yet alone on TV for the whole world to see. The show doesn't respect the designers in the restraints it puts on them, therefore why should they give it respect back?
    I feel like I'm standing next to the boy in the crowd pointing to the naked Emperor. It sucks, but I've got to admit that you're right. It's such a shame, because the fashion is the main reason I have stuck with this show, while rejecting plenty of other reality shows. I only started watching the show a few seasons ago; for you long-time watchers, has the show always been this way? Or has it been "dumbed down" over the seasons to keep up with the competition?

I'll say one thing. The fact that Ven can produce such fabulous dresses under such constraints just shows once again what a fashion genius he is.

And as for the models, I really wish they would bring back that "Models of the Runway" show. That was fun hearing their opinions of the designers and the dresses.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I feel like I'm standing next to the boy in the crowd pointing to the naked Emperor. It sucks, but I've got to admit that you're right. It's such a shame, because the fashion is the main reason I have stuck with this show, while rejecting plenty of other reality shows. I only started watching the show a few seasons ago; for you long-time watchers, has the show always been this way? Or has it been "dumbed down" over the seasons to keep up with the competition?

I'll say one thing. The fact that Ven can produce such fabulous dresses under such constraints just shows once again what a fashion genius he is.

And as for the models, I really wish they would bring back that "Models of the Runway" show. That was fun hearing their opinions of the designers and the dresses.
    I remember better quality up to Seth Aaron's season season at least. There always seemed to be several good and fast sewers. But maybe it is "the grass is always greener" when it comes to past PR seasons?
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast