+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mondo Guerra - All Stars 2012

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Mondo Guerra - All Stars 2012

Mondo's been doing great this season. The only look of his I didn't like was the Mandarin outfit from episode 3, and even though I don't care for it, it is well constructed and imaginative so I can see where someone else with different tastes than me would like it. I'm still rooting for him to win PR All-Stars!

After this show wraps up, somebody needs to nominate Mondo for What Not to Wear so Stacy and Clinton can help Mondo with his own look. Yikes! The suspenders and little boy shorts have to go, along with the odd haircut.

FORT Fogey

Hated the orange accent in this last number....that was not a winner for me

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 6.

Episode 7.

I love this last outfit!
    Allie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Since it was "Godspell" (though I'm guessing this particular character is new to the play - I do not remember it when I did the production), this was a perfect fit. Most interpretations of this musical feature loud hippie like colors like this, but still work together. (I have seen a production with just the 12-14 principles and done at a junkyard).

That's also why Austin's didn't win - he missed the color and brightness. (Michael's was closer than Austin's, but still a little bit too sedate.)

This one was Mondo's to lose because of the patterns and design, and I was glad he was able to turn around his bottom place showing previously. He just needs to let himself be himself, not try to design for anyone else (even his mom) because he overthinks.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Did anyone else see what the outfit actually looked like once it got on stage?

There is SUPPOSED to be a pic at this link, but right now, it isn't loading: Project Runway All Stars Blog: Mondo's Winning Look in "Godspell"! - Project Runway All Stars Blog | myLifetime.com

I was disappointed in the changes they made.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Did anyone else see what the outfit actually looked like once it got on stage?

There is SUPPOSED to be a pic at this link, but right now, it isn't loading: Project Runway All Stars Blog: Mondo's Winning Look in "Godspell"! - Project Runway All Stars Blog | myLifetime.com

I was disappointed in the changes they made.
    So they really just did a similar jacket? Doesn't really have the same feel as his. :-(
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Yeah, it's just the jacket, and it looks like they took away some of the flyaway pieces and made it more sturdy so that the actor could move and play while wearing it.

I'm not surprised they only used the jacket -- the cast makes many quick-changes on stage in full view of the audience, so they can only really add coats/throws/hats/etc. on top of their basic costumes for the show, as opposed to making full outfit changes. She probably didn't wear the jacket for more than 5-10 minutes.

Here's her basic costume, and wearing the jacket plus the hat over it:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

The hat looks like a Mondo creation though, so he was probably commissioned (well not the literal sense but asked to) create it when the rest of the outfit wasn't used.

The thing that bugs me is that the skirt - though admittedly it has the tutu underneath it, feels inspired by Austin's outfit, so it's like why give the win to Mondo when you're going to use both designer's asthetics in the creation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast