+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is the name of the after show so I can put that on my DVR? Thanks. I didn't know it existed. I am sorry to have missed Laura. She is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for that spoiler. I will take that as a slip and happy to hear that!
    It was called "After Project Runway". It was the first episode with the implication that there will be a few more. One thing I absolutely loathe about Lifetime is that they do not promote this show like Bravo would have, and they have very few repeats through the week. Don't they realize the fans want this? Don't they realize that this is good for ratings?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about Joshua. I don't hate him. Sometimes I wish he would dial it down a few notches and not go off on people like he does but he's shown that he can be helpful, too. Quite often we see moments of him during the challenges talking to designers about their work in progress and offering them constructive criticism. Maybe he's a bit too sensitive and immature but I'm hoping he can grow out of that. He's still young. Maybe seeing himself on this show will make him more aware of how he's perceived by others. I have to wonder what his family life was like. Maybe people in his life weren't too accepting of his lifestyle and that built up that defensive edge in him.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

Laura's pants with the wrinkles from being fitted poorly should have been the reason SHE went home. Bert's dress was interesting with the layers of color so I can't imagine the judges reasons for sending him home.

Thinking back to Chris March and his too- early orginal dismissal.....if the young man didn't get sick, Chris would have been lost way too early. Look what he has now, so I have disagreed with the judges choices along the way...and Bert's is another one.
    Allie, AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I have to wonder what his family life was like. Maybe people in his life weren't too accepting of his lifestyle and that built up that defensive edge in him.
    They had a scene of him talking to his father on the phone, discussing his mother's death two years ago. Dad sounded very accepting of Josh, but reminded him that he needed to move forward with his life and not wallow in the sadness caused by losing his mother. And he did tell Josh that he loved him.

I agree with those who say that Josh isn't obnoxious because he's gay. He's obnoxious because he's rude, egomaniacal, condescending, and overly dramatic about things that don't need to be blown up into big issues.

But that's just my opinion.
    Allie, ButterflyFaery and JulieAnn like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Even if your family is accepting of who you are, if you grow up in a neighborhood where you're different from the other kids and treated like an outsider, that can affect you. True, not everyone in that situation turns into a bully, but it can happen.

Whatever the reason, I hope Joshua figures it out and works on his issues. He's not the best designer yet but he's learning. It's a good sign that he scaled down on the accessories this week.

I wonder why they only started showing After the Runway now? When I first saw it come on, I thought maybe it's been on this whole season and I just flipped the channel too soon after the show was over to see it. Then they said this was the first episode ever. Why didn't this series start on week one? Or go the other way and wait until after the series is done to have a reunion show. It was very weird. I didn't like that the sole purpose of the show seemed to be to stir the pot. There's already too much drama on Project Runway. Do we really need a whole show to devoted to bringing up more??

The previews during the commercials sure were misleading. They made it look like Joshua was going to get up and storm off while Laura was talking to him but that never happened. The moment they show didn't happen until the end of the show, after the questions were done. I actually expected Joshua to blow his stack more than he did so I was proud of him for not blowing up.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-07-2011 at 01:09 PM.

FORT Fogey

The fact the Josh flies into a rage has nothing to do with his being gay. He cannot accept disagreement, never mind critical comments. There are people like that all over and of all types...it is a personality disorder.
    Allie likes this.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Ideas for Project Runway

Can't wait for Project Runway All Stars to start up - November 9th!!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mondo again (he should have won) and Austin Scarlett!
    This should be good.
    Allie likes this.

There are two Project Runway spinoffs soon to be launched on Lifetime and After the Runway is probably intended to bridge/connect the shows, in addition to being its own show --- cheap programming for Lifetime. In answer to the question of, why now ... I'd say, PR and Lifetime flexable enough to throw together such a production on the fly.

So sad to see Burt leave and so disappointed to see Joshua continuing.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Laura should have gone.

And I don't get all the oohing and aahing over Josh's dress. It looked like he draped a rectangular piece of fabric over the model and kept it from falling off with a chain and a little feathery thing (which i actually liked). Bert's dress had structure and was sewn very nicely. And how classy was he in agreeing with the judge's critiques . . . very.

I may take some flack for this, but people like Josh are the reason some people make fun of gay stereotypes. I believe that all of the men in tonight's show (including the judges and the divine Tim) are openly gay - but Josh is the only one who is almost a caricature of gayness. Please don't accuse me of being anti-gay. My closest brother is gay, and I don't judge anyone for who they love. I just hate to see people behaving in a way that brings derision on everyone who may be part of their same group.
    Hey - you stole all my thoughts! :wink

For me, Josh's dress was the worst. The front was flat. The back draping was gaping where it went under the models arm, and the whole hemline was awful.

I was sorry to see Bert go. I think Josh or Laura should have left. IIRC, Bert has disagreed with the judges in the past, but he has also agreed with their criticisms - a sign of maturity and a sign that he can recognize when his design doesn't work.

I don't know if it is home state pride, but I liked Laura's Look. Not so much the leggings, but I thought it was interesting. I felt like I have seen Kimberly's and Victor's designs before a lot.
    I think that Bert's dress i have seen a lot, and the peek of color in the slit was a huge trend that I saw in 2004.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast