+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques:

Anthony: I hadn’t thought of cheerleader until one of the judges mentioned it but I was thinking it looked like old style athletic wear. It reminded me of footage of ladies in the 40’s or 50’s doing calisthenics or playing badminton. It’s definitely too school uniform to be fashionable.

Anya: I loved Anya’s dress and would have chosen it for the win. My mom had a very similar wrap dress like this when I was little (in the 70’s) and I thought it was beautiful and very flattering. The one sleeve didn’t bother me at all. I thought it was well balanced with the length on the opposing side of the dress.

Bert: I liked this on the runway but when the judges mentioned their gripes with it, I had to agree. It is simple, it has been done before, and it is too short. One thing I noticed on the runway was when she headed back down the runway and made her last pose, the backlighting made the dress VERY see-throughy and I could see the silhouette of her underwear. I’m extremely self-conscious about things like that and don’t like see-through fabrics. This dress needed some kind of underlining to prevent that.

Bryce: I didn’t like the oversized pockets on this dress. They reminded me of pockets on bib overalls. However, I didn’t think this was the worst outfit this week. It was Bryce’s time to go, though. I don’t remember liking anything he’s created so far. He has a lot of maturing to do and more skills to learn. It was interesting to me that the judges hated his dress so much but it wasn't a whole lot different than Joshua's winning dress. A different color, slightly different back, and less flouncy skirt but the silhouette of the tops are very similar. Must have been the pockets that were Bryce's undoing.

Joshua: I didn’t like the crinoline at the bottom of the skirt since I thought it made it too dressy to wear anywhere except to a prom, pageant, or perhaps a wedding and I didn’t like the blue shoes but other than that, I liked this dress. I had to laugh at Tim describing Joshua’s style to his clients as just short of a float in a parade. Bwahaha! I really thought Viktor was going to win this week based on the way the judges ooh’d and aah’d over his dress. I’m so glad he didn’t.

Kimberly: I hated the top on this outfit! Michael Korrs said Bryce’s outfit looked like she slept in it in the car but to me, that’s what Kimberly’s looks like. They also criticized Bryce for having too much going on in his outfit. What about this one?? A neck detail, a poufy bust area, zippers on the back of the top and the skirt (very stripper fashion). Blech, it looks disheveled and trashy. Hated it!

Laura: And for another frumpy look, we have Laura’s lifesize Barbie. It looks like she draped the outfit, tacked the pieces together and didn’t bother trying to fit the dress to her model. It’s so sloppy, I can’t believe the judges didn’t have worse things to say about it than they did. BTW, I noticed at the judging Laura was wearing a similar dress in a different color. I don't know if she made the outfit she was wearing, too, but it seemed to me she didn't listen to what her client wanted. She designed the outfit for herself, which was not the point of the challenge.

Olivier: Another poorly fitted top. Thank goodness the pants have some color because the color of the top is Olivier’s usual choice of boring neutral. The front of the blouse bunches oddly and I hate the asymmetrical length of the back. I thought Olivier should have been in the bottom for this look and because he didn’t listen well to his clients.

Viktor: I absolutely hated the yellow trim at the bottom of this outfit. It’s unflattering to the ladies’ skin tone and looks awful with the gray fabric of the skirt. I would have liked it better if he had used the same blue fabric from the top as the trim. I couldn’t believe the judges gushed about this when it looked so gaudy to me.

Overall, I was very underwhelmed with the fashions this week. They had two days to work on this challenge and this is what the designers came up with??? And that was with all the asymmetrical, one strap tops? There seemed to be more than usual this week.

Here’s how I would rank the fashions:
    1. Anya—Best by far
    2. Joshua—Nix the tulle and it’s a winner
    3. Bert—Yes, we know you can do this look. Let’s see something different from you.
    4. Bryce—Lose the pockets and belt and it would have been ok.
    5. Anthony-_When you hit the mark, you hit it hard but when you don’t, you miss it by a country mile. This retro gymwear look was a miss for sure.
    6. Viktor—But please change that awful yellow trim!
    7. Laura—Blech
    8. Kimberly—Double blech
    9. Olivier—Triple blech
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-16-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Out of curiousity, I decided to try inverting the colors of Viktor's skirt. I definitely like this better than the yellow.

FORT Newbie

Random thought: Hmm, if I remember right Oliver was one of those who brought mens wear to the tryout for the show. Now I'm wondering how much previous experience he had making women's tops. At times he seems a bit lost. If little experience, an outfit for a small-chested woman would be easy to adapt while a large chest could be a stress-causing adjustment.

I don't know if it's the way production frames the challenges for them, or if it's just the designers who have no imagination, but man, last night was typical of the whole season for me so far: nothing but dull mall clothes and badly made 'art' projects, with nothing in between. Are this season's designers all that bad? Do they know what high fashion even is?
    pikachu and Duckyface like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I hate to say that I liked Joshua's dress because I can't stand him. I also really liked Anya's. I'd love to wear something like that.

I was torn about who should go home, but Bryce just hasn't been up to par.

I noticed the little footnote under this forum on the index has changed.

"Those boobs to me are trouble."

Funny...that same quote could be used for the Survivor forum, too (hello, Brandon!).
    Arielflies and AZChristian like this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Hubby said he thought the reason that Kimberly was declared safe and allowed to go to the waiting lounge was that her skirt did awful things to her client's backside . . . which was . . . generous . . . to begin with. I don't think the judges had the guts or the nerve to "go there" and comment about how unflattering it was.

truthfully no one has really stood out for me this season as being awesome they all seem sort of medicore and they seem to make the same thing each week with a small varaition on a theme...but looking at the pictures from last night you can tell by the faces of the ladies which ones really liked their outfits and the ones who didn't..and even though I wasn't overly impressed with Bert's dress the girl he designed it for was in love with it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Next week, Josh will lose another button on his shirt, and in two weeks from now he's not even going to bother with a shirt at all, letting it all hang out.

You just know he's got some pictures out there on the web... seriously peeps, it's why they invented the PM-system for.
    This is not a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast