+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Did Anya win because she got 2 votes (hers and Bryce's)? And I'm really liking that mid-calf dress. It's so modern yet the mid-calf reminds me so much of the 80's. Bert's like an old-school designer doing a modern take. Come to think of it, I like everything that he has done except the one he did in the pet store challenge.

The constant focus on Josh (and Gretchen last year) represents everything that is wrong with Bunim/Murray producing this show: they are using the Real World trick of picking one cast member and making them the focal point for telling the long-term narrative of the season. Josh has been getting too much camera time, his petty behavior just isn't interesting enough to deserve it. And Bunim/Murray still haven't learned that focusing on an unsympathetic character ruins the show.

As for the clothes, yeah, it was obvious who was going to win early on. But while Olivier's jacket was impeccable, I thought the fit on his pants wasn't that good, although no one seemed to comment on it. And I'm mixed on Anya winning. Her outfit was good, and this week showed that while she may not be as experienced as the others, she does have good taste and a really good eye. But can she take that all the way to the end, when she has to put together a collection by herself?
    Endit likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I wasn't too impressed with any of the prints last night. Maybe it's because I really like color- not crazy Punky Brewster color- but just something. I did like the pop of red on the winning team-at least that added some interest.

Josh...Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Nuff said. I actually did think he would be going home because he got the most screen time, was shown saying he was going to win and he also got the phone call home on camera- which is usually the telltale sign it's their last episode before being aufed. Guess not.

Anya...from the beginning of the show when she was saying she had never been in the top and just wanted to win I had a feeling she would win. The judges seemed to really like her dress, but they gushed over Oliver's jacket and Viktor's gown. I was actually pretty surprised that she won.

Laura...I am surprised that I seem to like her and a lot of her designs. Wasn't she the one who was the spoiled rich girl? I think I had decided I wasn't liking her from the start after the first "pre-episode" that showed how they all made it onto the show. Since the show has started I really haven't seen the side of her that went on and on about being rich and entitled. I hope it stays that way. She has had some catty comments, but who hasn't?

Becky...I was sad to see her go. I understand why she was aufed, but I would have liked to see her stick around for another individual challenge to see what she could do.
    dzigner, Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I agreed with what the judges said about Josh's print. Who wants CANCELLED and DELAYED splayed across their clothing? Positive travel terms would have made a better impression: ARRIVING . . . ON TIME. I think his choice of words might reflect the negativism he seems to be full of and projecting. Like others have said, I'm sorry his mother passed away, but he needs to get counseling and work through his grief more productively. Even his father (who, we assume, knew her for longer than Josh) sounded more like he's moving forward with his life. I wonder how Mom would feel if she could see how he's behaving. His behavior sure doesn't honor her memory - it's all about him. Even the grand "put the camera on me and everybody watch, especially you, Bert" apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Funny I didn't mind the cog print that Becky created it was way better than then what Laura and Josh produced. In fact the prints these two designers produced were the worse of the challenge. So much for being the creative ones of the team.
    Yeah, and I really loved the irony there. Even Bert's design was far better than Laura and Josh's. In all honesty. Bert is NO saint with his attitude, but I see it more of a "I got to go fishing now" from "Old Man and the Sea" than anything.

Josh is mean to be mean, trying to stab everyone in the back, and honestly overreacts negatively toward Bert as he did Becky.

And personally, I thought Josh's jacket was a cool idea; HOWEVER, the back looked unfinished even if it was intentionally done that way to make it appear like gears were moving.

I thought Laura should've been bottom three or two because that jumpsuit was hideous and the belt was just blah.

I personally think Josh was saved so they could possibly have a dramatic bottom two of Bert and Josh. I would hope Bert realized this and in turn worked harder. He has the skills, now he needs to take it a step further.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I agreed with what the judges said about Josh's print. Who wants CANCELLED and DELAYED splayed across their clothing? Positive travel terms would have made a better impression: ARRIVING . . . ON TIME. I think his choice of words might reflect the negativism he seems to be full of and projecting. Like others have said, I'm sorry his mother passed away, but he needs to get counseling and work through his grief more productively. Even his father (who, we assume, knew her for longer than Josh) sounded more like he's moving forward with his life. I wonder how Mom would feel if she could see how he's behaving. His behavior sure doesn't honor her memory - it's all about him. Even the grand "put the camera on me and everybody watch, especially you, Bert" apology.
    The ONLY thing I'd worried about with the "Arriving... On Time" idea would be Kors deciding to make a sexual reference there instead of the one he did "Who wants to wear 'Canceled' over their crotch?" It'd been a variation I think.

BTW, I think I want to look at that print - I think Canceled was misspelled with two "L's."
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

As much as she seems like a nice and sweet person, I'm glad Becky is gone. There wasn't much exciting going on there. Of the designers that remain, I like them in the following order:

Dream Top 3
    Anya
    Viktor
    Anthony

Middle of the Pack - tier 1
    Bert
    Joshua

Middle of the Pack - tier 2
    Oliver
    Kimberly

Ready to Go (for my tastes)
    Laura
    Bryce

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The ONLY thing I'd worried about with the "Arriving... On Time" idea would be Kors deciding to make a sexual reference there instead of the one he did "Who wants to wear 'Canceled' over their crotch?" It'd been a variation I think.

BTW, I think I want to look at that print - I think Canceled was misspelled with two "L's."
    Michael Kors (as much as I love him) could make a sexual reference out of almost anything. LOL.

Viktor should have won that challenge. The dress was beautiful. Anya's dress was just okay, something you see at Macys not Saks. Oliver's jacket was well made, but I didn't like the grey color with the those ill-fitted pants.

Man, Anya and Laura reminded me so much of Gretchen and Ivy. Just mean girls towards Becky.

Kimberly was wise not to choose that ugly print. Did anybody know what Kim's design was or did she just not do it. I think Bert's dress was cute, it's the bootie shoes that messed it up. I thought Becky's design was nice. Now Anger Management Joshua's design was a hot mess. That blue blouse was god awlful. Laura's disco blue jumper with the sweat shirt band should be burned at the stake. I couldn't believe she talked about Becky's design.

I thought Viktor should have won it last night. I loved his evening gown. I was surprised Anya won as well after all the gushing over Oliver and Viktor. However, TPTB probably just edited it that way so the win announcement would be more surprising.

Josh was completely annoying. If you blow up once and apologize, fine. But then learn from that mistake and grow. He cannot continue this cycle of blowing up and apologizing because he is clearly not that sorry if he is going to do it again and again.

With a 1.5 hour show I am surprised they have completely eliminated any aspect of the show related to the models. Other than the fittings and the runway we don't see anything about them. I liked it better when they would at least switch them up and show more snippets of them talking with the designers. These models are like moving mannequins to me because they aren't telling us anything that lets us get to know them.

The next three people I would like to see leave (in any order): Josh M, Bryce, and Bert.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast