+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Re: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    FORTers: Always check this thread before coming to NYC: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...s-project.html

Thanks for the link. We are going back again in October. I want to go to MOOD. We did go to Bryant Park & Parsons but the majority of our time was spent at Macy's, Saks, H&M and Zara....and a good deal of time partaking in adult beverages. Now I'm not really a drinker but dang that white sangria did taste awfully good in a really hot Saturday in July. I was trying to find a liquor store to see if I could find me some Skinny Girl Sangeria but we didn't see one. Michael Kor's was closed for renovations which had me sad. His collection at Macy's was sad looking so I didn't even bother looking at Saks. Mango was openning up soon though.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Just going to add another "ewwww" to the winning look comments here. That was horrible, and I can't believe it won. Also agree that judging is suspect again this year - I hate that. It makes it seem so phony when they criticize someone but then praise someone else who was similar.
    And to me, it's Heidi's show, so she should not be over-ruled. Didn't she not want Gretchen to win, too, but lost that one? I think she should stand strong and not let Nina push her around - especially when she seems SO wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Just going to add another "ewwww" to the winning look comments here. That was horrible, and I can't believe it won. Also agree that judging is suspect again this year - I hate that. It makes it seem so phony when they criticize someone but then praise someone else who was similar.
    And to me, it's Heidi's show, so she should not be over-ruled. Didn't she not want Gretchen to win, too, but lost that one? I think she should stand strong and not let Nina push her around - especially when she seems SO wrong!
    I am soooooooo totally with you...I liked the one Heidi liked the best but she said she was out voted..and as Michael said here we go again...they need to set up some kind of rules for a 5th person (TIM) to step in when they have ties and no one will budge
    NFL1 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure Tim would necessarily want the job of tie-breaker, even if he'd be good at it. And I'm not sure I could blame him for preferring not to get in the middle of that mess.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Agreed, Tilden - probably wouldn't be best for Tim to be the tie-breaker. Can't you just see how awkward it would be in the workroom the next time Tim goes in and has to "mentor" someone who just lost a challenge because of Tim's vote?

However, could we not have SOMEONE with common sense and good taste as a tie-breaker? Maybe there should always be a panel of 5 judges: Heidi, Michael, Nina, a special guest, and a Project Runway alumnus.

FORT Fogey

A Project Runway alumnus? They'd have to choose carefully. Imagine if it were someone like Gretchen...

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    A Project Runway alumnus? They'd have to choose carefully. Imagine if it were someone like Gretchen...
    I think the fact that they don't have her as one of their regular weekly bloggers says a lot about how the producers felt about that fiasco. At least I hope it does. I must admit that I'm not a fashionista (I live in Arizona - dressing up means wearing your good jeans), but I haven't heard anything about her since the furor of her "win" died down, but I still hear about Mondo.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Agreed, Tilden - probably wouldn't be best for Tim to be the tie-breaker. Can't you just see how awkward it would be in the workroom the next time Tim goes in and has to "mentor" someone who just lost a challenge because of Tim's vote?
    But if they lost the challenge, they wouldn't be there anyway ... right? Unless someone left and they were brought back in.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    But if they lost the challenge, they wouldn't be there anyway ... right? Unless someone left and they were brought back in.

I suppose that's true with regard to the losers, and I'm not sure the first place and second place designers would know how close the decision was. On the other hand, the person who was saved from elimination would know Tim (or whoever) had saved him/her, which is why it's probably better it's not him. If the person saved from elimination wasn't necessarily popular with the other designers, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to find someone annoyed enough by the decision to start fussing about Tim playing favorites.

Really, though, Tim was not thrilled about being pressed into service last minute as a judge for the finale, when the celebrity judge couldn't do it at the last minute. I don't think he'd want to be a tie-breaker either. I think he prefers playing the mentor/teacher role, because that's where he has the experience, not only on the show but at Parsons.

Also, it would be awkward if they continued having the big goodbye scene with Tim consoling the auf'd designer if he was the person responsible for the auf'ing.

Yes, I didn't state what I was thinking very clearly. (Hey, I'm old . . . cut me some slack! LOL.)

True - if Tim was to help determine the loser, the loser would be gone. No sweat (other than the awkward goodbye scene).

I was thinking more of a situation like last week - if Tim was to help determine the WINNER in a tie-breaker, it could be awkward for him to work with the runner-up during the next challenge. It would help if the designers didn't know if/when Tim was called in for help.

So it's back to my original thought. The three stooges, a celebrity, and a former contestant/designer. Always an odd number . . . and a higher odd number than three. And never Wretchen.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast