+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I walked in from a choir rehearsal just in time to see Michael breaking down in the green room. Now I'm not sure I want to watch the rest of the show when it's repeated. I was hoping against hope that he would somehow make it to Fashion Week. He and Mondo were my favorites, so now if Mondo doesn't win, I'll really be unhappy. I've not been overwhelmed by Andy or Gretchen as a whole, and Mondo is the only one who's consistently turned in good work.

It's also hard to believe that Andy and Gretchen were all that concerned about Michael's breakdown, since they've been badmouthing him all season long. That's one good thing about the season ending--I won't have to listen to Gretchen's diary sessions anymore. Honestly, has any contestant in the history of the show gotten as much diary room/voice over time as Gretchen? I do not understand why either. She's not even remotely funny, which is how people got diary room time when the show was on Bravo. She simply is never without an opinion about anyone or anything and has never learned that sometimes it's okay for a thought to remain unexpressed. I don't think she's as flat out mean as Ivy, but I didn't need to hear from her four or five times an episode either.

Well, looks like I can avoid watching this one. GO Mondo! For the win.

What I found pathetic was that they admitted Gretchen's clothes looked cheap, but "meh"d it away with Heidi's advice of "Put some heels on the models." Heels, hair, makeup... None of that can change the fact that what we saw of her collection, to me, screamed Blue Light Special at K-Mart. Frankly I think K-Mart has better looking clothes than that mess I saw tonight from her. The styling which she is so often praised for was absent yet again for the most part, but ultimately they didn't care.

I feel like she's in the finals for two reasons: 1. She's a character with her better-than-you attitude (not on display as much lately, however) that they feel brings ratings and 2. They wanted a female finalist. Shame, regardless of why she was chosen. She did not deserve to go. Korto did an Africa-inspired collection, and that was fab. What Gretchen rolled out was hideous.

Lifetime royally screwed tonight up as well. Either right before the models walked or right after (but before discussion with the designers and deliberation), they showed a commercial for next week and showed Mondo, Gretchen, and Andy backstage at FW with Tim, hurriedly getting their models ready. Hoped it was a trick, but alas, no such luck. Made me just want to turn off the last 20-25 minutes of the show. Again:

Previews had Heidi saying [choosing the winner] was the closest decision in PR history. Between Mondo and Gretchen, I bet you anything. Here's hoping Mondo wins, but my hopes are not high. *SIGH*

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4089049;
    Well, looks like I can avoid watching this one. GO Mondo! For the win.
    Yeah, the episode was kind of thin.

I feel for MC. I'm pulling for Mondo to win. I've seen FW clothes and MC's was excellent and Gretchen's was awful. If it is a close decision it would have to be between Andy and Mondo but Mondo not winning would make for a total suckfest of a season.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 10-21-2010 at 11:20 PM.

I am so livid that Gretchen made it over Michael. Michael won so many challenges making simply beautiful clothes while Gretchen has turned out nothing but mediocre, earth-colored crap. I am so sick of it. Michael deserved to be in the top over her any day, even if he didn't deserve to win, necessarily.

So far I am disappointed in Andy's work and eh about Mondo, but that dress Michael C made was simply incredible. I'd LOVE that dress! That over Andy's little outfits or Gretchen's boring crap? Yeah.

I'm rooting for Mondo to win, but I must say, I wasn't totally happy with the three looks he presented tonight. :\
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Quote Originally Posted by azadee13;4089043;
    for some reason I thought Michael was straight. He has a son and I think he mentioned that his parents are going to want him to get married again? They don't seem supportive of his career or his lifestyle.
    I thought he was straight as well. The best I could piece together from tonight was he must have been married to a female at a young age (possibly/probably the relationship his son came from?), got divorced, and somewhere along the way realized or admitted to himself he was gay. Michael's partner, he said tonight, outed him to Michael's own family 3 years ago, and it didn't sound like Michael was aware of him doing it beforehand. Yikes. That's all kinds of wrong, but I guess he moved past that.

Whole thing was very sad. Regardless of beliefs held for whatever reason, that's still your [general "your"] child! I don't and will never understand how a parent can disown and/or degrade and/or belittle their own child like that.

Going by who is in the final three - I will be STUNNED if it's anyone but Mondo who wins.

Andy ... I will be sad, but not nearly as upset as I'll be if Gretchen wins. She doesn't deserve to be in the final three not one damn bit. The showing she had was terrible IMHO - I think even Casanova could do better, and we saw his first episode outfit.

Simply put, IMHO, they did this final four showdown because they didn't think Michael should be in the final three in spite of the fact he had a stunning dress and consistent good looks. I felt they pulled a Jerrell there.

This makes me wish more and more they didn't pull that stunt of not letting everyone be a contestant and eliminate McKell like they did. I think she'd do better than Gretchen (who - BTW, did a similar outfit to what McKell did as far as top. This case the graphic print top Gretchen did).

Mondo's turquoise top I do have to agree - it was the wrong color for the skirt. A royal purple or maybe teal would've been better, just a shade darker. Loved the pyramid studs though.

He can also edit that dress and make it still work (shorter length or sleeves - just too much print).

Andy's 11th/13th look (I didn't know how many they made for the show originally) simply put is why he went to the final three. Michael's 11th/13th look was too simple. I think the reverse on their runway show pieces were better.

I wish Michael the best - he is a good designer and with a little bit more fine tuning of his skills, he'll do well IMHO. He had pieces that would work for people.

This finale show... I'm worried about Mondo. He really does look a little paler than he normally does. He's by far got the most to lose IMHO right now, but I still think he's the strongest of the three left.

Just please not Gretchen - between her looks and criticizing the judging and having to still do challenges. Even Mila's outfits during the season were better and more creative.

Judges just didn't want that all male finale. Gretchen's clothes were not worthy of a runway show. I think they let Michael go because they felt he needed more time to build more confidence and to know what made a cohesive show. However, I think he had a greater chance of actually giving them a Show, a true runway show. Would he have won? Who knows. But, he deserved to be in the top 3 and on the runway at fashion week more than Gretchen. Her stuff was off the rack hippie dippy trippy. They could see Michael was scared and nervous on the runway. Gretchen sold with confidence that she had in her collection what they wanted. Add that to what they had seen before from her with styling, though it's been several weeks since that, and they decided to go with her and no all male finale. It was a stupid move because no styling is going to change that Gretchen did not really have a show in her collection. Michael did.

I do think that Andy was sad Michael didn't make it. Gretchen was responding to how devastated he was but I think, in her mind, she thought deserved to be there over him. She was wrong. I think do to pressure Michael got married to a woman, they had a child, it didn't work out. He hooked up with his partner and his partner outed him to his family. Ever since then he's been under further pressure from his parents to get remarried to a woman for his son's sake, give up his partner, and give up fashion. I think he thought if he won or at least made it to Fashion Week his family would at least see the value in his continuing to be a designer even if they still didn't approve of his homesexual lifestyle. It was sad to see how heartbroken he was but, also sweet to see him continuing the positive energy the whole time to the others. Mondo has experienced some similar things. Michale and Mondo have been hanging out since the show so hopefully he can give him the support towards his designing career and life that Michael's parents have not. I've seen them both cheesin' in photographs with those smiles of theirs that are so cute. So, hopefully things are good with both of them. I don't have great confidence in the judges choosing the right winner right now. Here's hoping Mondo FTW all the way.

MC's backstory made the loss even worse. I'm glad he is out and with someone he loves. He deserves that. It also seems like his son isn't lacking for love as MC clearly adores him.

The only reason MC went is they didn't want an all male finale. That's the only thing that really makes sense as his work was better. I'm done with show. I'll tune in here and pray Mondo wins it. I'm glad MC and Mondo have each other. I think they will be friends forever and both need that.

+ Reply to Thread