+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

What I find interesting/fascinating is that Gretchen proclaims herself and her taste to be wonderful but some of what she complained about Michael C's dress was the very thing Nina said she did like. No matter what else we do or don't see we did see that. They didn't like MC's first dress that won and didn't like this dress that won. Even if they have problems with him on a personal level why would they constantly criticize the stuff that won as if they are the arbitrators of what is good fashion. Clearly at least 2 times the judges have disagreed with them. I have a feeling as some mentioned upthread that perhaps the judges decision this time for MC's win was to throw it back in their faces. It very well could have been pretty even in their minds about who would win-Mondo or MC and they gave it to MC because of the judges disagreeing with the comments they heard from the others about his design and sewing skills. They gave valid points for why they didn't want Mondo's to win also.

I will say that Mondo's dress pre-catwalk was my favorite but I didn't think it looked as good walking down the runway. IMO it didn't fit her quite right or something was off compared to how it looked to me on the mannequin. Clothing should look better not worse when worn by an actual person.

I will also confess that MC's wasn't my favorite dress but I certainly didn't hate it. I often disagree with the judges but Tim Gunn explained that viewpoint to me on the show when he said it was looking too much like clothes and not fashion. Crazy me, I was looking at them as clothes and not fashion. Now perhaps I'll see better what appeals to the judges but I doubt it.

FORT Fogey

I was browsing through the blogsite Blogging PR (loved the Isabella Blow pic with the Philip Treacy hat and jewel-encrusted lobster necklace) and found a picture of Christina Hendricks (Joan Holloway) in a Christian Siriano gown at the 62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards on August 21 that had a bustline similar to Michael C.'s dress pre-lace accoutrement. I don't think anyone copied anyone because of the timing but it was just odd.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Fan

Just as a side note:

Peach thinks Wretchen en Hivy and Valerie are biznatches too.

Blogging Project Runway
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;4055409;
    Just as a side note:

Peach thinks Wretchen en Hivy and Valerie are biznatches too.

Blogging Project Runway
    Of course she'd say that. She's friends with April and that's all April did. Bad-mouth Gretchen. And listening to that interview, I would like to clarify that Peach was asked if Ivy and Gretchen were the "mean girls" or were they unfairly portrayed and she said they were not unfairly portrayed. It did not include Valerie. It was not involve the B-word at all. And Gretchen may have rubbed some people the wrong way but I don't think she was mean-spirited like Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4055362;
    My understanding from that part of his vblog was that we might be seeing Gretchen in a negative manner right now but there's more to it to her (I saw a positive spin to what he was alluding to). And he did say he ended up being fond of Gretchen in one of his vblogs.

Say what you must about Gretchen but she hasn't character-assasinated anyone on the show. Her comments were strictly about someone's work or taste or skill, things related to judging the show. If us, the viewers, are priveleged to comment on the designers' works, then why can't she do the same without being called a b***h?
    I have no problem with her critiquing other people's work, even if it is negative. I just don't like the rest of it--turning in a moment from "we're the greatest" to "we suck" just to agree with the judges, blaming it all on Michael (yes, he may have been part of the reason but it was still tasteless to blame it on him and take NO responsibility herself), continuing to blame him even after the judges warned her, blame him AGAIN this coming week (if the previews are correct), act like a sulky child when he won both times, etc etc etc. Her not attacking his character is precisely the point--because she only attacks his clothing and supposed lack of skill, she comes off as petulant and spoiled. And according to Peach, that's pretty much correct.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kao

My respect for Gretchen seriously lowered after that "You're just upset because you're in the bottom 2. Again." remark she made to that designer during deliberations on the second show. It was just such a mean, spiteful, childish thing to say to someone during a stressful time, and the whole "let's blame Michael for EVERYTHING" campaign in front of the judges made her look worse.

She was nasty when Casanova won as well. I guess she's just not a happy person period.

I am loving all the Peach interviews each one is shedding more and more light on Michael C, Wretchen and Hivy. No pure and innocents in this group.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4055413;
    Of course she'd say that. She's friends with April and that's all April did. Bad-mouth Gretchen. And listening to that interview, I would like to clarify that Peach was asked if Ivy and Gretchen were the "mean girls" or were they unfairly portrayed and she said they were not unfairly portrayed. It did not include Valerie. It was not involve the B-word at all. And Gretchen may have rubbed some people the wrong way but I don't think she was mean-spirited like Ivy.
    This cuts both ways and splitting hairs doesn't change people's opinions of what THEY perceive. Peach communicated as much by how careful she was in responding as in what she said. While the b-word may not have been used, I think it is very fair to say that there are probably more than one or two viewers who would agree that there was certainly some of that portrayed, sooo......if she was not unfairly portrayed it would seem, depending on the viewer, this would be a fair description - the b-word could be applied.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4055350;
    [snipped]...

And if he does want publicity, then he's going about it all wrong. I mean, honestly. Based on the image you see portrayed, would you watch a follow-up show called "On the Road with Michael C"? Or how about "Michael C's Fashion Challenge" (or whatever Tim Gunn's show on Bravo was called)? Fashion is all about authority, about the gods from on high telling ordinary women what they're supposed to look like. MC does not project any authority whatsoever. And if he thought that he would be portrayed the other way, as a crude sexist, how would that have helped his cause, either?....
    That's what I was thinking too, but then think Omarosa. Who's still around from that first season of The Apprentice? Bill Rancic, the winner, and Omarosa. the universally hated.

FORT Fanatic

One of the saddest scenes I've ever seen on all the seasons of Proj Run had to be after this last Michael C win. He returned to the room of haters and APOLOGETICALLY announced he had won. What should have been such a joyous, thrilling moment for him, was turned into a horribly cringe worthy one. THe others stared at him with various expressions of jealousy and dislike.....except for Cassanova, (who obviously possesses some more admirable traits such as compassion and politeness). Whether or not he is top 3 material doesn't even matter to me now--I want him to stay longer than Ivy and Gretchen. Oh, and I REALLY want there to be a scene where the judges address all the jude-bashing and insults from the haters, really humiliate them for their rude and callous behavior.

+ Reply to Thread