+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

old cow

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4049733;
    I agree with almost everyone here. I was floored by Grethchen's attitude. And Ivy's. Seems to me some of these "designers" need to take a communications class or a class on etiquette speaking and attitude class.

My respect for Tim went up even more. He sees more than the judges and more than us so I believe there was a reason he did what he did...besides what we saw.
    I agree with EVERYTHING you said here! Ivy has become Gretchen's lap dog! Her voice is starting to irritate me as well.

Honestly everyone on team grandpa should have an anvil dropped on their heads! I was disgusted with everyone's attitude to just roll over like a whipped dog and let Gretchen boss them around.

So long A.J., that'll teach ya to put so much faith into someone who wasn't even a team leader.:nono

And 3 cheers to Tim Gunn! Honestly he's the saving grace on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4049744;
    You need to go to Tim's Facebook site and listen to his Vlogs, explains alot because he with the contestants a lot. Gretchen has issues which he has mentioned. He also says that this season was filmed in 30 days.

I looked and couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

FINALLY got a chance to catch an episode as it aired last night, and I HAVE to say . . .

I LOVE TIM GUNN!

If ANYBODY deserved a calling-out last night, it was Gretchen --- ESPECIALLY! --- and Team Luxe.

And, no, I DON'T care that it was done in front of Team Underdog.

Sure, Gretchen can design, but in the long run, what's more important to me is that (to all appearances) the lady has NO morals, IS a bully, and IS pigheaded, two-faced, and thinks more of herself than anybody thinks of her. There's NO humbleness and/or humility going on with her at ALL.

Based on what I've been able to catch up on and see so far, she was a bitch from Day One, and she's just gotten worse and worse as time has gone on.

Maybe --- and I'm not betting the rent on this --- Tim's verbal spanking will serve as a wake-up call for her.

And as far as I can tell (from what I've been able to piece together up to this point) Ivy needs to get in line for her paddling, too, because if she keeps going the way she is, then SHE'S got one coming, as well.

JMHO, y'all.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4049774;
    I looked and couldn't find it. Do you have a link?
    I went too and looked...there isn't one from this week. It looks like the last one was from Episode 3 and last night's show was episode 5. I did listen to the Episode 3 one (at least for a while, but then something got hosed) and he did mention that he didn't like the way Gretchen goes around giving her advice to everyone. This episode was the dollar store (or whatever store it was) challenge and he thought it was a mistake for the girl who made the dress out of the palm tree to paint the leaves. He said it was Gretchen who told her to do that. I think that is when he stated that he didn't like when she went around and gave her opinion to everyone.

He also said that there is more with Gretchen this season, so I'm sure he was talking about last night's episode.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4049744;
    You need to go to Tim's Facebook site and listen to his Vlogs, explains alot because he with the contestants a lot. Gretchen has issues which he has mentioned. He also says that this season was filmed in 30 days.
    Since Tim is on hiatus until the Emmy's no new log. But, really, was there any bullying? What I saw was Michael C. picking Gretchen on his team because she has won 2 challenges. And the others just nodding at her ideas (no one argued with her, no one even expressed their desire to do something else). And had I been there, I would have prolly done the same thing because she seems to be the frontrunner. What I don't like is Tim Gunn calling out Gretchen on something that didn't happen. OK, maybe a lot here would like her to be put in her place but she did not bully anyone. If anything, he should have called out the other designers for just putting their trust in one designer and losing their "mark" in the process. I think when the teams were decided, Gretchen thought that her style would clash with AJ's and Michael C's. And so doing pieces where a designer excels in was a good idea in hindsight. If Gretchen bullied the team, would she have let Ivy design her whole look? I thought she was spending too much time on the weak links that she missed the boat on other stuff. Also, Ivy showing Michael how to cut the cowl on the bias (even to the extent of doing a diagram) and him not understanding and doing it all wrong. And the other designers spending all their efforts trying to salvage his piece. The looks didn't come together because the collection seemed ambitious for 2 days (no time for fitting, re-proportioning, color issues, etc.). And I think several looks from the other collection helped it win (like Casanova's). But it just affirmed my belief that April has bad taste and Mondo over-designs.

It wasn't so much the bullying but the belittling Gretchen did of Michael C. The big ego kids all looked to her as the alpha and she went with it. Boy, she went with it.

I enjoyed watching the underdogs work together. Did you notice that their names were attached to their designs on the runway, while the other team's models came out as numbers? Very telling...even if that collection hadn't been a cohesive mess.

I feel for A.J., he, of all of them, was the farthest from Gretchen's aesthetic, and by bowing his head he lost his chance.

I am so happy Casanova found his muse with his model. The designers couldn't pick him up, but her ego strokes did the job. In the end, he did make it work with the pants with the metal buttons down the sides to make it slightly edgy and military.

I think it was Mondo who held this team together, especially when Peach couldn't see how her aesthetic would work with the theme. He was also the calm and upbeat presence throughout. He even dressed in their style (without the lace) for the show. He really is becoming a favorite of mine.

Ah, Tim. I replayed his rant a couple of times. Ivy's PI afterward was soooo self-serving. She was Gretchen's loyal witch and targeted Michael because Gretchen gave her permission to do so.

There was a commercial for next week during the On The Road show and it looks like Michael takes revenge of some sort and the whole workroom comes apart and starts screaming at one another. Of course, that is the hype to watch...but I do see Michael getting some encouragement to take on Ivy and Gretchen.

This was the best show of the season so far...for me because the worst became the best and the supposed best were awful.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4049619;
    I can't WAIT until Lifetime posts this episode online Saturday so I can watch it!
    It's usually up the next day - don't wait 'till Saturday to go looking for it!

FORT Newbie

Gretchen and her shill's cruel treatment and bullying of Michael C. was horrific! I felt so bad for him, especially when he broke down in tears backstage. She is a truly loathsome, mean individual and thank you, Tim, for calling her out. I really hope Michael continues to win as he did last week, and kicks Gretchen's disgusting, self-righteous butt. IF she even lasts that much longer, which I truly doubt!

Good for Heidi for sticking up for Michael on the runway, reminding the evil Gretchen that Michael won the previous week and his design was "really good."

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4049779;
    Since Tim is on hiatus until the Emmy's no new log. But, really, was there any bullying? What I saw was Michael C. picking Gretchen on his team because she has won 2 challenges. And the others just nodding at her ideas (no one argued with her, no one even expressed their desire to do something else). And had I been there, I would have prolly done the same thing because she seems to be the frontrunner. What I don't like is Tim Gunn calling out Gretchen on something that didn't happen. OK, maybe a lot here would like her to be put in her place but she did not bully anyone. If anything, he should have called out the other designers for just putting their trust in one designer and losing their "mark" in the process. I think when the teams were decided, Gretchen thought that her style would clash with AJ's and Michael C's. And so doing pieces where a designer excels in was a good idea in hindsight. If Gretchen bullied the team, would she have let Ivy design her whole look? I thought she was spending too much time on the weak links that she missed the boat on other stuff. Also, Ivy showing Michael how to cut the cowl on the bias (even to the extent of doing a diagram) and him not understanding and doing it all wrong. And the other designers spending all their efforts trying to salvage his piece. The looks didn't come together because the collection seemed ambitious for 2 days (no time for fitting, re-proportioning, color issues, etc.). And I think several looks from the other collection helped it win (like Casanova's). But it just affirmed my belief that April has bad taste and Mondo over-designs.
    I agree with you. I love Tim, but it wasn't his place to single out Gretchen. Every time there is a team challenge the losers must deal with things that happened that they didn't agree with. Sometimes it's the fault of a weak link, sometimes the fault of a bad concept, sometimes a combination, but I don't think it's Tim's job, as a supposedly impartial employee of the show, to cast fault on one particular contestant. Gretchen is an easy person to dislike, but Tim should not lose sight of his job. And I don't think the winning team's work was much better than the losing team.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4049550;
    Best episode of the season by far. Craziest runway judging since Santino's lingerie and Andrae's crying.

And Tim Gunn...WOO HOO! I'm so glad he cut through the crap and called out Gretchen for being the psycho she is.
    Gretchen is definitely psycho! You nailed it.

+ Reply to Thread