+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Sirens! Police! Ambulances! What's up in those promos?

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Re: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow...no discussion?

I really think the red dress should have won. (Sorry...I don't remember the designer's name.) But I would have loved it if Mondo had won.

I'm glad Jason is gone. If you want us to see more of your design potential, you have to create something that you can actually finish within the allotted time. And not use staples or safety pins. I kinda wish Nicholas had stuck around another week, but given that they only eliminated one last week, I guess a double elimination was to be expected.

I wonder if they get time before the first challenge to tour Mood so that they have an idea where the different fabrics are?

Oh no, I missed the show last week and thought I made a mental note to watch tonight -- I even saw in the channel guide that they were repeating last week's episode before this week's -- but I totally spaced it.

I'll try and watch the first episode online and set my DVR for the repeat of of this week's when they repeat it over the weekend.

Looking forward to a hopefully good season!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Red dress girl, as annoying as she is, should have won. Pants suit girl was okay this time around, but her dress in the last challenge looked like something that should have been featured at a WWII museum opening and not the winning design. Plus, get a haircut already...hell, the chick looks like she should be in an almost-mullet competition.

I'm cool with Mr. "I'm straight and so misunderstood" dude being eliminated but not so much with the Clinton Kelly look-a-like guy. I wanted to see more from him and I kinda loved the skirt he made.

Peach just needs to go work for Lilly Pulitzer already. Good lord, her designs are a rip-off of everything that sad, matronly, ladies who lunch label.

I'm still not cool with the 90 minute format. Yeah, it gives me a bit more of my beloved Gunn, but do I need to see clueless folks run a fashion shoot or is that why I have a FF button on my DVR remote?

I saw that it's 90 minutes now. What do they show more of? The work room, runway feedback, drama? A little bit more of everything?

And I'm a preppy girl and I LOVE Lily Pulitzer, PG.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

I knew that Gretchen was going to win. That look was so uptown. So money. And it was great to see Coco Rocha werking it. Valerie's look was great, too, but I'm glad my pick this season won. And a lot of these designers can benefit by "investing" on a $15 i-D or a $7 V (they're almost like coffee table books) and just be aware of what's out there. And Gretchen was spot on with her comments on the other designs. And the designer that was carried to the ambulance had black straight hair (my thought, maybe Ivy? because she's not the genius she intially thought she was and she over exerted herself). I'm intrigued with the looks made from party-favors and who gets it more than Betsy Johnson (me thinks that AJ will do well). And so there wasn't a model picking part in the beginning? So that unfortunate model McKell had was automatically eliminated. Hopefully ther will be one next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4026736;
    I saw that it's 90 minutes now. What do they show more of? The work room, runway feedback, drama? A little bit more of everything?

And I'm a preppy girl and I LOVE Lily Pulitzer, PG.
    Without the commercials, it was around 60 minutes. But I'm glad it's raking in a lot of commercial dough (I don't want it to get cancelled EVER!).

I was happy to see both "snarly guy" Jason and snivelly Nicholas go. Jason was a d-bag and Nicholas doesn't have the stomach for reality TV. I wonder how he made it through the audition process without fainting.

I agree that the red dress should have won. It was more fun and playful. Loved the collar.

Who wants to bet real money that it's Peach who gets carried off in an ambulance next week?

I'm liking Mongo, even with his lonely breakdown. Without a sketch and material choice only, he pulled off a fun dress - though I wasn't that keen on the blouse. I liked the red dress very much - especially the neckline, but I am glad the jumpsuit won. As mentioned it was very uptown and looked great "in action" on the billboard. I think the red dress would have to have been posed more static with a full frontal shot. I do believe this top three will be my top three until they mess up.

Boy, I am in such agreement with the judges tonight. I am so glad creepy Jason with his safety pin closure (he was too lazy to do other - then said it was part of the design...boo) got the first boot. The second boot was a busy mess, but I would have liked to have seen what he could do other than his over-design Then again, maybe edit isn't a word he knows.

With so many still in the competition and because they aren't really including the models this year, I don't think we'll see a model draw for at least another week. It looks like they are mixing up the production a bit this year with the last audition being last week and the first challenge being this week. I'm loving the extra 30 min because we do get to see a little bit more of everything, from the personalities to the process.

I love the "other material" challenges. Party favors look like fun. Let's see who can come up with a coffee filter type dress. I'm not looking forward to seeing the paramedics show up, though. The show is familiar, yet more this season and I am loving it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4026780;
    I'm liking Mongo, even with his lonely breakdown. Without a sketch and material choice only, he pulled off a fun dress - though I wasn't that keen on the blouse. I liked the red dress very much - especially the neckline, but I am glad the jumpsuit won. As mentioned it was very uptown and looked great "in action" on the billboard. I think the red dress would have to have been posed more static with a full frontal shot. I do believe this top three will be my top three until they mess up.

Boy, I am in such agreement with the judges tonight. I am so glad creepy Jason with his safety pin closure (he was too lazy to do other - then said it was part of the design...boo) got the first boot. The second boot was a busy mess, but I would have liked to have seen what he could do other than his over-design Then again, maybe edit isn't a word he knows.

With so many still in the competition and because they aren't really including the models this year, I don't think we'll see a model draw for at least another week. It looks like they are mixing up the production a bit this year with the last audition being last week and the first challenge being this week. I'm loving the extra 30 min because we do get to see a little bit more of everything, from the personalities to the process.

I love the "other material" challenges. Party favors look like fun. Let's see who can come up with a coffee filter type dress. I'm not looking forward to seeing the paramedics show up, though. The show is familiar, yet more this season and I am loving it.
    Same here, it's like the show is fresh again, mostly because they don't have to rush through the process and go through the motions anymore. They're telling the story again, and not just following the cookie-cutter formula.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast