+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Hmmmmm....I really think the actual sole winner was Seth for this challenge but the judges felt obligated to give it to Emilio too because he is the leader of the team. I hate challenges like this where they put the designers in teams. It limits the creativity of the non-leader(s) and puts the team leader in a higher probability of getting eliminated. There has never been a non-leader that won so they worked around it by giving the win to the team instead of one person.

FORT Fogey

For the next show, I have a feeling the "disco straitjacket" that Michael Kors was refering to was Seth Aaron's. Hopefully, Emilio's the next one to go, though I have a feeling he'll stay much longer (hopefully, he won't make final 3). Though I won't be sad if Anthony's next to go (ow, come on now; taste-wise let's weed him out). I noticed that the Marie Claire dress that Heidi wore was a variation of the dress and it wasn't a half-body shot, which is what their cover is usually (a cop-out perhaps?).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3859300;
    Hmmmmm....I really think the actual sole winner was Seth for this challenge but the judges felt obligated to give it to Emilio too because he is the leader of the team. I hate challenges like this where they put the designers in teams. It limits the creativity of the non-leader(s) and puts the team leader in a higher probability of getting eliminated. There has never been a non-leader that won so they worked around it by giving the win to the team instead of one person.
    I hate that he was named co-winner though the dress looked "bumpy" on the runway (wasn't pressed well). Come on, it was a regular strap gown with a zipper in the middle (probably favored by guest judge Calvin Klein minimalist designer Francisco Costa). Yes, Seth Aaron's was over-designed but it being in black made up for it. About not having a non-leader ever winning, wasn't Ra' mon the non-leader and Mitchell the leader in a team last season where Ra'mon won and Mitchell got eliminated?

FORT Fogey

Anyways, am I the only one who like Jay's jodpurs? Had he done a different top and had done the jodpurs in red (or fuschia!) to match Mila's tights, it would have fared better.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3859304;
    Anyways, am I the only one who like Jay's jodpurs? Had he done a different top and had done the jodpurs in red (or fuschia!) to match Mila's tights, it would have fared better.
    I admired the design of the pants--they looked good on the model, and her walk helped them make the visual statement. But it was all for art; I don't think it's possible for them to look flattering on anyone else in a street situation.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Anthony and Valeria
    are the next to go. Spoiler reference to NYFW ahead!!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    In the previews for the next MOTR epi, Valeria (SA's model) seems to be leaving due to a DKNY booking. I remember in the first previews that Valeria was declining SA on the runway. And in NYFW, SA's model is Kristina (who is Anthony's model in the next challenge) and Anthony's model is Monique (who is Maya's model in the next challenge). And so in the next show, after Valeria declines SA, SA picks Kristina, and Monique is picked by either Maya or Anthony (whoever is not auf'ed) since Maya is her present designer and Anthony has expressed his interest in Monique. But I don't think SA would steal Kristina from Anthony nor Monique from Maya. So I believe it leaves him picking Kristina because Anthony has been eliminated in the last challenge. And if Anthony is eliminated in the next show ergo Monique is not the winning model nor final 3. Sorry for the confusing logic.
    Last edited by watts; 03-21-2010 at 06:54 AM.

I thought the "Harlem" day outfit was a chic, street and witty take on what that team saw as they soaked up the streets that day. I especially liked the colorful shirt which recalled the graffiti and murals. The other outfits...meh. I really didn't like any of those.

The evening gown was 'okay' - its best asset was that it seemed to fit with the day outfit, and could've been part of a collection. Was it denim? A denim evening gown would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3859303;
    I hate that he was named co-winner though the dress looked "bumpy" on the runway (wasn't pressed well). Come on, it was a regular strap gown with a zipper in the middle
    Yes, I did not like it at all. And I do not like Emilio based on the things he says/attitude.

On the elimination side, we did not think Amy should have gone. Oh well.

I was disappointed that Amy left and Jessie stayed. His tank top was horendous. The pants could have been avant garde but they were so poorly made and poorly fitted that it was hard to watch them. Jessie's model looked wrecked from head to foot, while Amy's model was only a wreck about the neck and shoulders. Mila didn't even have to throw Jessie under the bus, it was painful to see her outfit next to his. In addition to impecable tailoring Mila knows how to style her outfits.

Oh, can anyone drop something on Emilio's head and knock out some of his arrogance and ego?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3859313;
    I think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Anthony and Valeria
    are the next to go. Spoiler reference to NYFW ahead!!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    In the previews for the next MOTR epi, Valeria (SA's model) seems to be leaving due to a DKNY booking. I remember in the first previews that Valeria was declining SA on the runway. And in NYFW, SA's model is Kristina (who is Anthony's model in the next challenge) and Anthony's model is Monique (who is Maya's model in the next challenge). And so in the next show, after Valeria declines SA, SA picks Kristina, and Monique is picked by either Maya or Anthony (whoever is not auf'ed) since Maya is her present designer and Anthony has expressed his interest in Monique. But I don't think SA would steal Kristina from Anthony nor Monique from Maya. So I believe it leaves him picking Kristina because Anthony has been eliminated in the last challenge. And if Anthony is eliminated in the next show ergo Monique is not the winning model nor final 3. Sorry for the confusing logic.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well it does mean that Seth Aaron isn't going to be eliminated this episode coming up. Yeah your reasoning does make alot of sense even though some how i pray it isn't true; just one more week of Anthony, please?! I mean it could be Maya leaving even though i would think if Maya and Anthony were in the bottom 2 this week the judges would send Anthony home first simply b/c he's been in the bottom and she hasnt. Not unless she totally screws something up, which i doubt she does. Also with Valeria leaving voluntarily that would mean there wouldnt be a model left on the runway, right? No one would be going home (against her will)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast