+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I loved Jonathan's dress. I thought Amy should have gone home, her design was horrible. The model looked ridiculous coming down the runway with that huge hairy chest! One of the worst designs I've ever seen on P.R.

old cow

So in the least surprising elimination in Project Runway history Ben goes home. Wow, who didn't see that coming? The minute he said "shark inspired" I just knew he was out. That coupled with the fact that he got more screen time in this one episode than the entire season put together AND he got the phone call from home edit. Poor sweet, invisible Ben. I liked him alot but those pants were atrocious! The top was ok but just ok. Did anyone else notice he was wearing a shark tooth necklace? Kinda to go along with the theme i guess.

And YAY to Johnathan! The minute his model turned the corner and I saw his lovely dress I just knew he was going to be the winner!

Can someone explain the "criticism" that Maya received for her dress? She was in the top 2 and her design was beautiful--whu was with the guest judge giving her grief about her inspiration? I guess this is why I'm not an artist

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I knew Ben was going by how much they focused on his this week, but he definitely should not have left over Amy! WTH? That was the ugliest, weirdest, stupidest thing I have ever seen walk down the runway on this show. Hair-bowl? There was no great vision behind that! It was ridiculous from the start. They only kept her because Ben has been in the bottom before and she has done a few things that were ok. She should have been booted out as soon as that poor model had to walk the runway in her hairy-chest-suit.

FORT Fanatic

I had to laugh when Anthony was bragging how his model was a Clydesdale. A Clydesdale is one of those huge work horses you see on beer commercial ads. I believe he meant she worked it like a thoroughbread.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3853402;
    So in the least surprising elimination in Project Runway history Ben goes home. Wow, who didn't see that coming? The minute he said "shark inspired" I just knew he was out. That coupled with the fact that he got more screen time in this one episode than the entire season put together AND he got the phone call from home edit. Poor sweet, invisible Ben. I liked him alot but those pants were atrocious! The top was ok but just ok. Did anyone else notice he was wearing a shark tooth necklace? Kinda to go along with the theme i guess.

And YAY to Johnathan! The minute his model turned the corner and I saw his lovely dress I just knew he was going to be the winner!

Can someone explain the "criticism" that Maya received for her dress? She was in the top 2 and her design was beautiful--whu was with the guest judge giving her grief about her inspiration? I guess this is why I'm not an artist

If you recall three season's ago, Kennlin received the same comments about her designs. The judges felt that Kennlin feathered dress was the same as another's designer dress (whiched they showed coming down the runway). And Nina mentioned that Mya was also mimicking another famous designers creations. Nina Garcia stated that she didn't not see any originality in Mya's design and that she's (Nina) seen that particular dress on the runway before.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3853439;
    I knew Ben was going by how much they focused on his this week, but he definitely should not have left over Amy! WTH? That was the ugliest, weirdest, stupidest thing I have ever seen walk down the runway on this show. Hair-bowl? There was no great vision behind that! It was ridiculous from the start. They only kept her because Ben has been in the bottom before and she has done a few things that were ok. She should have been booted out as soon as that poor model had to walk the runway in her hairy-chest-suit.
    Yeah I guess but Amy has been in the bottom as well and Ben has done some nice things too (the dress from the Marie Clare challenge). Maybe they just saw more potential in Amy, idk because yea her design was a crazy, whacky kinda fug where Ben was just fug.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3853531;
    [/B]

If you recall three season's ago, Kennlin received the same comments about her designs. The judges felt that Kennlin feathered dress was the same as another's designer dress. and Mya were mimicking other famous designers creations. Nina Garcia stated that she didn't not see any originality in Mya's design and that she's (Nina) seen that particular dress on the runway before.
    Thanxs. Yea it makes a bit more sense now that you explain it and i guess i can understand where they are coming from. True I've seen that dress from her before but it was still really nicely done. I don't know that much about famous designers so I wouldnt recognize if she was mimicking another designer or not--i was just confused how gathering inspiration from another designer was wrong.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3853504;
    I had to laugh when Anthony was bragging how his model was a Clydesdale. A Clydesdale is one of those huge work horses you see on beer commercial ads. I believe he meant she worked it like a thoroughbread.
    I think he was refering to her walk.

FORT Fogey

For the next challenge, the designers are grouped in twos and one pair has Jay and Mila. One other had Anthony and Maya and Anthony mentioned something that Maya has control issues. And on the runway at judgement, he says something like "Dont let a pretty face fool you" (don't remember the exact words). Not sure if he was throwing her under the bus. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3853531;
    [/B]

If you recall three season's ago, Kennlin received the same comments about her designs. The judges felt that Kennlin feathered dress was the same as another's designer dress (whiched they showed coming down the runway). And Nina mentioned that Mya was also mimicking another famous designers creations. Nina Garcia stated that she didn't not see any originality in Mya's design and that she's (Nina) seen that particular dress on the runway before.
    I don't know much about famous designers either ... but I think Nina Garcia said something to the effect that looking at it people would think Nina Ricci ?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3853545;
    For the next challenge, the designers are grouped in twos and one pair has Jay and Mila. One other had Anthony and Maya and Anthony mentioned something that Maya has control issues. And on the runway at judgement, he says something like "Dont let a pretty face fool you" (don't remember the exact words). Not sure if he was throwing her under the bus. Hmmm....
    So that would leave Seth and Amy as a pair. I wonder how they decided on the pairings ?
    Have they done this "team" thing this late in the season before ... and what is the rationale in doing it ?
    Last edited by echo226; 03-12-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast