+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

old cow

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

This reunion show was too short! 30 mins is not enuff time to get to everything. Poor Ben, i didnt even realize he was sitting there until the very last few seconds of the show the camera got a close up of him. I do like his hair dyed darker.

Nothing from Jesus, Ben, Anna, boo!

Jay is a complete hypocrite, he talks about other designers designs during the show, not to mention the Mercedes Benz interview where he bashed Mila and partially Emilo...he's just an ugly individual when he made that attack on Carrie, when clearly he does the same thing with other designers as well

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3884297;
    Jay is a complete hypocrite, he talks about other designers designs during the show, not to mention the Mercedes Benz interview where he bashed Mila and partially Emilo...he's just an ugly individual when he made that attack on Carrie, when clearly he does the same thing with other designers as well
    It was wrong to go personal, but I do think the model was wrong as well. She attacked his talent (design) and he attacked her talent (her looks). They both were nasty. She said it behind his back. He said it to her face. They both need to grow up. He seemed worse, but she was not an innocent bystander. Jay needs to grow up. So does the model.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3884452;
    It was wrong to go personal, but I do think the model was wrong as well. She attacked his talent (design) and he attacked her talent (her looks). They both were nasty. She said it behind his back. He said it to her face. They both need to grow up. He seemed worse, but she was not an innocent bystander. Jay needs to grow up. So does the model.
    I agree. It was a Ramona moment (diarrhea of the mouth). Yup, Jay was wrong. But people should remember how very nasty Cerri was to him (behind his back) first. Jay's not the only one who was catty. Anthony called Mila a "50 year-old" in the New Yorker (behind her back to the press, mind you) because Mila was nasty to him first, too. At least Jay, called her out on it (and she was kind of back-tracking what she had said, very cowardly).

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3884756;
    I agree. It was a Ramona moment (diarrhea of the mouth). Yup, Jay was wrong. But people should remember how very nasty Cerri was to him (behind his back) first. Jay's not the only one who was catty. Anthony called Mila a "50 year-old" in the New Yorker (behind her back to the press, mind you) because Mila was nasty to him first, too. At least Jay, called her out on it (and she was kind of back-tracking what she had said, very cowardly).
    He wanted to hurt her bad because he was still stinging (I think) from not being in the final three. He went for the jugular. They attacked each other's livelihood, but Jay's was more vicious and in the heat of the moment. She was catty and gossipy and he was mean.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3884940;
    He wanted to hurt her bad because he was still stinging (I think) from not being in the final three. He went for the jugular. They attacked each other's livelihood, but Jay's was more vicious and in the heat of the moment. She was catty and gossipy and he was mean.
    He didn't actually say anything other than what we already know - Cerri has bad teeth and thick legs. And he said that "he was not going to cast girls with bad teeth and thick legs" so he did not directly refer to her. So I guess it was the tone of his voice together with the snarky remark that made it seem more vicious than Cerri's diatribe.

I think Jay must've been feeling very vulnerable - having come that close to the final three slot and then having to watch from the bleachers as it were. Also, Cerri attacked the source of his livelihood, it wasn't just a matter of taste. She made an effort to go after his aesthetic as if it were meaningless. She could say she doesn't care for that style, but to say it's useless because only blonds will wear it is silly. And hurtful. I don't mean to his feelings, but possibly to his career.

I like Cerri overall, but there was that one episode when she was jabbing at Jay in order to get at his model, who she disliked. Of course, the reunion show had to throw that in there for the drama.

What Cerri said doesn't make much sense anyway, because anyone who's spent any time in L.A. can tell you that blond hair and blue eyes and tans are about as rare as hen's teeth.*

*unless you count spray tans on Dancing with the Stars. But Cerri meant fashion, not tv.

Maya's reasoning is still inscrutable to me.

Watching the reunion, it became clear to me that Valeria - with SA's help and understanding - made a good choice to take that runway job for double the salary. Sure, he did win, but no one knew that. Still - first refusing the job and even talking to him after the double offer showed a respect for Seth Aaron and his work that I felt was missing from some of the other models and designers. I think she'll do well post-show for that reason.

What I did like was how congratulatory SA was to his final runway model, because she won as well. I don't really remember Irina doing that last season, and hadn't seen the others to know if they did the same or not.

I love that they are doing this show. It gives so much added value vs. just PR without the model part. It was cool to see the designers and models together, and how their relationship developed over the season. They were much better walkers than the ones they cast just for the Bryant Park show, and maybe that had something to do with having built up that relationship over time - plus the younger ones got to benefit by living with the older ones for so many weeks, not to mention mentoring from Heidi.

We thought Valeria looked like Erin on The Office if she bleached her hair blonde.

Emilio came across as a sore loser, but Jay made me forget that pretty darn quick! Before this, I thought he should have gone to FW instead of Mila, but that nasty comment was just too much, IMO. I understand that he was really upset at Cerri's comments, & I don't blame him for that, but he really hit below the belt on his retort. If he had chosen to criticize her walk or the way she carried herself on the runway, it would have been more on the level of her criticism of his work. I guess I could even give him some leeway on the thick thighs comment, but someone's teeth have nothing to do with how the clothes look on them. How many models ever show their teeth on the runway anyway? I've never seen one smile on the catwalk.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread