+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Seth Aaron Henderson - Season 7

Re: Seth Aaron Henderson - Season 7

SethAaron was the grand marshal of a local parade. His family rode with him!

Starlight Parade local winners | The Columbian

Just finished Season 7 on DVD. The two designers I pegged to be in the top two from the beginning were. Mila was the darkhorse. I find it interesting that the top three designers of this season were also our three oldest contestants. Take that, Youth! The maturity of all three finalists was reflected in their impeccably tailored and cohesive work, and I've gotta say that there was no resounding clear winner in my mind when the runway show was done. My heart goes out to all the designers who make it to Bryant Park, only to lose the crown that day.

Of the three collections, my gut told me that despite her impeccable tailoring, Mila was unlikely to win with a two-tone color palette. I liked several of her looks very much though as they looked like clean timeless pieces a woman could have in her closet for 20 years and they would still look good. I'm partial to colors, though, so Mila's aesthetic and personality left me rather cold throughout the season. She showed more likeability at the end. Her spot would have almost certainly gone to Maya if she hadn't dropped out. Despite the sophistication of Mila's clothes, she was also unllikely to win given that there have been two consecutive female wins just prior to this season.

I knew Emilio was going to give Seth Aaron a run for his money. His clothes were lovely and all imminently wearable by real women. Which is why, the minute I saw all those 'normal' clothes coming down the runway that Seth Aaron would take it. Given a choice between clothes that real women would and could wear, and theatrical nonsense, our judges go for theatrical nonsense every time. They are thinking "Vogue", not "Real World." Which slays me, because by that standard, Michael Kors could never win this competition. Emilio shares his practical, sportswear sensibility and he got docked for not being 'creative' enough. This year, more than any other, I wished that there were two or three top prizes rather than only one because they were all deserving. And yet all so very disparate, impossible to evaluate on the same terms as being 'better' or 'not as good' as each other. Emilio's clothes are eminently saleable, and if he didn't get at least $100,000 worth of orders after that show, I'd be surprised.

Seth Aaron has a much more 'niche' aesthetic. His clothes are well made and look good on a certain type of very young, very thin, bohemian girl in New York or L.A. Very much like Jeffrey's very narrow audience of rocker chicks. Which is all well and good if you want to be a niche designer. If you want to sell at Macy's, Emilio was your man. Despite SA's scary neck tattoos and punk-boy juvenile personal style that frankly looks ridiculous on a man over the age of 30, there is a world of difference between him and Jeffrey. It's called character. No one had a single bad thing to say about Seth Aaron, and that speaks to how well he gets along with everyone. Not since Season 2 have I felt that the most deserving designer won the pie, but I could embrace a SethAaron win without mixed feelings. Shocked that his family is so normal looking! Just imagining the klids bringing home their friends from school to use the trampoline: "Dude! THAT'S your DAD??? No way!" I'd say the black nail polish is a bit of affectation I could do without but on the whole, I find Seth Aaron eminently likeable as a person despite his bizarre personal style.

Another Seth article

Cool designer, hot collection | The Columbian

He likes Andy and Mondo this year.

The covers are simple but pretty cool. The photoshoot was quite cool as well, though SA really looks a bit unusual in that attire. I'm so used to his more off the wall looks, not this reserved look.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The covers are simple but pretty cool. The photoshoot was quite cool as well, though SA really looks a bit unusual in that attire. I'm so used to his more off the wall looks, not this reserved look.
    Cool look but they cost $149. Too rich for my blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Cool look but they cost $149. Too rich for my blood!
    I agree, but I like the fact he's expanding more and these are sewn. There are people who are one note or rehashing the past that it's nice to see this. Be nice though if there were a reasonably priced one for those of us who can't afford the handsewn versions - even Vera Bradley knew to expand her repertoire to fit all price ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree, but I like the fact he's expanding more and these are sewn. There are people who are one note or rehashing the past that it's nice to see this. Be nice though if there were a reasonably priced one for those of us who can't afford the handsewn versions - even Vera Bradley knew to expand her repertoire to fit all price ranges.
    He normally is pretty good with prices. I think he didn't have a say in these prices. He sells at a local store here at his prices are not too unreasonable. He has a signature T-shirt for 36. A jacket runs $300, 295 and 495. Skull pins for $49.95 (includes picture and autograph) Dresses from 359 to 490. (You can buy leggins made by Mila that were in the finale for $249): annebocci.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456